There are 145 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Is Gore HOF bound if we win some bowches?

Is Gore HOF bound if we win some bowches?

Originally posted by NickSh49:
RB's who aren't in the hall and have had better overall careers than Frank Gore thus far...

Fred Taylor
Edgerrin James
Ricky Waters
Warrick Dunn
Jamal Lewis
Corey Dillon
Eddie George
Shaun Alexander (sadly)
Tiki Barber (arguably)
Priest Holmes
Jerome Bettis
Terrell Davis (debatable)
Roger Craig

What Frank needs is more years, yards, TD's, and a ring. Otherwise, he'll be chllin' with these guys waiting to get in.

Wow, I had to fact check you on the Eddie George inclusion. Strictly recalling from memory, I never had the impression he had that good of a career... 7 of his 9 seasons he went over a thousand yards. Anyone else only remember him being "decent". Some of those must have been quiet 1,000 yard seasons.
eddie george was a horse, if you didn't know much about him then you probably weren't following football that closely.
Originally posted by JiksJuicy:
I thing he's Hall of Farm bouched all reader.

Bowches gon bowch
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
I love me some Bowches

Where my bowches at ??
Originally posted by NickSh49:
RB's who aren't in the hall and have had better overall careers than Frank Gore thus far...

Fred Taylor
Edgerrin James
Ricky Waters
Warrick Dunn
Jamal Lewis
Corey Dillon
Eddie George
Shaun Alexander (sadly)
Tiki Barber (arguably)
Priest Holmes
Jerome Bettis
Terrell Davis (debatable)
Roger Craig

What Frank needs is more years, yards, TD's, and a ring. Otherwise, he'll be chllin' with these guys waiting to get in.

Yep, even with a ring or two I dont think he would get in. The RB standards for the hall need refinement, right now its more about luck and longevity. Take Terrell Davis, an injury shortened career but when his first 4 seasons were debatably the best ever by a running back.
"Through his first four seasons, Davis rushed for 6,413 yards (4.8 yards per carry) and 56 touchdowns. Among the 24 modern-era Hall of Fame halfbacks and fullbacks, only Earl Campbell (6,457, 4.6 yards per carry) and Eric Dickerson (6,968, 4.8 yards per carry) had more rushing yards during their first four seasons; no member of the Hall of Fame matched Davis' first-four-season 56 rushing touchdowns."

Then he got injured and was forced to retire a couple seasons after. With all the younger guys coming through the pipeline too, the hall needs to adjust their standards so guys who have injury shortened careers stand a chance. Would anyone take Curtis Martin in his prime over TD in his? probably not, but based on longevity Martin stands a much better chance of getting in.
No.

Very good back but not enough to get into thhe Hall.
He's a very good player but in no way a hall of famer
Originally posted by drunk49er:
eddie george was a horse, if you didn't know much about him then you probably weren't following football that closely.

Ok hot shot, get off your high horse. I was 11 when he came into the league. I knew he was solid, just didnt realize he was that good as a pro. Recalled him being more dominant in college at Ohio State, that's all I was saying. Guess his last yr in Dallas skewed my view of his overall career.
nope
Your thread title is invalrod...and no, Frank is good, but not transcendent, I understand that some of you in the "every one gets pizza" generation will say I'm a "hater", but screw it, Frank never lifted this team to the play offs, and when this team finally lifted him to the play offs...he came up small. When we old timers talk about hall of famers, we talk about titans, men who stood above all others, men who stood above the game itself, men who transcend the game, and become a part of the games history so large you can't tell the story without including them. When people, not just Ninner fans look back at the last decade of football, Frank Gore is a foot note, not a chapter in the stories they will tell.
I can't find bowches on Google.
I love gore. He made this team watchable through the dark ages. But he wont get in.
Originally posted by NinerPrideinNJ:
Originally posted by drunk49er:
eddie george was a horse, if you didn't know much about him then you probably weren't following football that closely.

Ok hot shot, get off your high horse. I was 11 when he came into the league. I knew he was solid, just didnt realize he was that good as a pro. Recalled him being more dominant in college at Ohio State, that's all I was saying. Guess his last yr in Dallas skewed my view of his overall career.

you dont get on the cover of madden back then for being decent..guy was a beast till the madden curse
J.Smith will likely be in if he wins one. Willis is in for sure anyway regardless of if he wins one or not, but getting himself a ring will guarantee him a spot in the Hall.

VD can get there too. With a Superbowl ring. And Moss for sure if he wins with us.

Gore, on the other hand, will have to work for it a bit more which is sad because he has played so well with us and wasted some of his early years on a s**tty team.

He's been my favorite Niner for a loooong time now, I'd love for him to get it but for now I just hope he wins a SB. He deserves it.
Originally posted by GolittaCamper:
Your thread title is invalrod...and no, Frank is good, but not transcendent, I understand that some of you in the "every one gets pizza" generation will say I'm a "hater", but screw it, Frank never lifted this team to the play offs, and when this team finally lifted him to the play offs...he came up small. When we old timers talk about hall of famers, we talk about titans, men who stood above all others, men who stood above the game itself, men who transcend the game, and become a part of the games history so large you can't tell the story without including them. When people, not just Ninner fans look back at the last decade of football, Frank Gore is a foot note, not a chapter in the stories they will tell.

This. The perfect description of what a Hall of Famer should be