LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 216 users in the forums

Ray McDonald most underrated player in the NFL.

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Not a bad article, and I kind of agree with him on Staley.
Originally posted by 5280High:

Why? We played some of the top passrushers this year and Staley kept Alex pretty darn clean. Look at how well Staley played in the NFCC. He more than held his own against a deadly front 4.

RayMac has always been my favorite "non-elite" Niner. Dude is a monster when healthy. I expect big things from him this year.
Originally posted by 49erstrandedinclev:
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/story/19382983/overratedunderrated-sue-me-lions-fans-but-suh-is-more-hype-than-bite
Here is an article on the most underrated and overratted players in the NFL. Glad to see Ray McDonald get some love.

Spot on...Joe Staley as overrated and McDonald as underrated (would also add Brooks b/c he wasn't injured last year while McDonald was but both are great picks nonetheless)!
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
Ray Mac's best attribute it his reaction time and burst off the line. The eagles play where he sack vick as he hAnded off was incredible.

I remembered talking with OND about that play; may have been the coolest play of the year as Vick was nailed by RayMac and (somehow) got the hand off and Brooks nailed the RB at the same time for a TFL. How both made that play is beyond me. Usually when something like that happens, the defense naturally stops for a second and the RB ends up making a huge gain out of it (b/c the defense thought it was a sack).

BTW: If Brooks doesn't make that TFL, that's most likely a TD.
[ Edited by NCommand on Jun 21, 2012 at 12:45 PM ]
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:

Why? We played some of the top passrushers this year and Staley kept Alex pretty darn clean. Look at how well Staley played in the NFCC. He more than held his own against a deadly front 4.

RayMac has always been my favorite "non-elite" Niner. Dude is a monster when healthy. I expect big things from him this year.

Didnt mean to imply that he was in any way a bad player, just that if I had to choose an overated player it would probably be him. He had a much better year than the previous one, but when I think of "probowl LT" I think dominant, and Staley is imo more well rounded than dominant.

But ya, RayMac is a beast and Im glad we finally got a coaching staff that recognized the talent already on the team rather than thinking they had to clean house and start over.
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:

Didnt mean to imply that he was in any way a bad player, just that if I had to choose an overated player it would probably be him. He had a much better year than the previous one, but when I think of "probowl LT" I think dominant, and Staley is imo more well rounded than dominant.

But ya, RayMac is a beast and Im glad we finally got a coaching staff that recognized the talent already on the team rather than thinking they had to clean house and start over.

I think that's a fair assesment.
Glad he's getting the props he deserves.
Originally posted by NCommand:
Ray Mac's best attribute it his reaction time and burst off the line. The eagles play where he sack vick as he hAnded off was incredible.

I remembered talking with OND about that play; may have been the coolest play of the year as Vick was nailed by RayMac and (somehow) got the hand off and Brooks nailed the RB at the same time for a TFL. How both made that play is beyond me. Usually when something like that happens, the defense naturally stops for a second and the RB ends up making a huge gain out of it (b/c the defense thought it was a sack).

Yeah team defense and discipline are impressive. And i believe that was Bowman who made the tackle.
Did he play on the same line as Jarvis Moss?
Originally posted by SolRebe1:
Did he play on the same line as Jarvis Moss?

Yup. For two years i think.

Originally posted by NCommand:

Bowman looked ready to shed Brent Celek and clean it up if Brooks somehow missed that tackle.
Joe Staley is not overrated!!
If Ray Mac stays healthy , he will be a major force this season
Troy over rated... discredits his whole article. That dude is a beast.
Originally posted by 9ersLiferInChicago:
Joe Staley is not overrated!!

I think thats a fair assesment!
Share 49ersWebzone