LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 247 users in the forums

Will Kaepernick become like Brian Brohm??

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Will Kaepernick become like Brian Brohm??

• cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by susweel:
All Im saying at least give the kid a chance before you guys write him off.
I think what is happening is that some of us are having just a little fun with people who went on record and declared that ck will take the starting job from alex at this point in time he had better worry about being in the top three
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Leathaface:
Kaepernick is more behind the ball than AS was when he came into the NFL. He came from POS offense and played POS competition. Not only that, he's lanky and doesn't have a true NFL QB body type. I feel like this is going to be the one pick that Harbaalke miss on. He also looks like a tool.

If JJ plays better in the preseason, he should be QB2 because if AS goes down, I have ZERO faith in CK.

ummm. at this point in time i must agree. I am sure he will be better in two months than what he is now but so will JJ
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by cciowa:
I think what is happening is that some of us are having just a little fun with people who went on record and declared that ck will take the starting job from alex at this point in time he had better worry about being in the top three

Maybe Tolzien will take the starting job.

All I know is this a pretty good team that has a hole at the QB position.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
yah maybe he sucks but its still a bit early in the process to give up on him. We might have to spend a high pick on a QB next year if CK doesn't show any improvement.

of course you are basing that assumption about drafting a quarterback next year on the fact that alex will suck this year? just wanted to make sure I am following along
Originally posted by 80sbaby24:
Its amazing that some of the people writing off Kaep are the same people that made excuses and had 7 years of patience with Alex. Just funny to me.

It would be amazing, funny, and wrong if people were actually writing him off. No one really is though... If you want to twist into such a hypocritical conspiracy, well, no one can stop you... but there doesn't seem to be any substance behind such a conclusion.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran

and maybe you are grasping at straws! But you never waver and that is why i keep coming back
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:

alex had a pretty decent 2nd year

i dont think any1 is writing kaep off but it doesnt seem like he made much of an improvement from his rookie year

This is basically Kaeps rookie year, because of last years lockout. How do you expect him to learn the WCO offense in a shortened offseason? Joe Montana said it takes atleast two years, so ill take his word over any Kaep Hater
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by oldman9er:
It would be amazing, funny, and wrong if people were actually writing him off. No one really is though... If you want to twist into such a hypocritical conspiracy, well, no one can stop you... but there doesn't seem to be any substance behind such a conclusion.

agree, we are just having some fun with the alex haters. I just want a solid number two this year behind alex, which is something we really got lucky with last year.I do not want to temp fate again this year
Its amazing that some of the people writing off Kaep are the same people that made excuses and had 7 years of patience with Alex. Just funny to me.

This must be your first time in a Colin Kaepernick thread.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal

and maybe you are grasping at straws! But you never waver and that is why i keep coming back

One day we will have a stud QB and we wont be having this discussion.

I look forward to that day

Member Milestone: This is post number 600 for Bay2Bay9erAllday.

80sbaby don't mind all the Kaep Haters. The same people that are saying that it takes at least two years to learn the WCO, are ready to write off Kaep after his first real offseason(rookie year)

Hmmm... haven't checked much on that other CK thread, so yeah... maybe there are such people.. but not in this thread.
Originally posted by Bay2Bay9erAllday:
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:

alex had a pretty decent 2nd year

i dont think any1 is writing kaep off but it doesnt seem like he made much of an improvement from his rookie year

This is basically Kaeps rookie year, because of last years lockout. How do you expect him to learn the WCO offense in a shortened offseason? Joe Montana said it takes atleast two years, so ill take his word over any Kaep Hater

im not hating on kaep all i said is there doesnt seem to be much improvement from last year we will see if thats true when preseason starts but as of now NO there doesnt seem to be any improvement

he had the whole season as he didnt have to worry too much about game planning and this off season

according to harbaugh this offseason alex knows it as much as the coaches
  • Jiks

QFT

I've been in most of the CK threads and do not see a coorelation between Smith supporter and CK detractors. If anything, there is some kidding going on and some one upsmanship tongue in cheek comments. When you hear folks saying Smith should be cut so CK can start it sets up an unrealistic comparison...vet vs rookie+.

For my part I have always liked both QBs and see no reason to bash either. CK could surprise everyone and out play all others in TC...or Tolzien...or they could switch Miller to QB and he might be very good...or...
Share 49ersWebzone