There are 68 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Will Kaepernick become like Brian Brohm??

Will Kaepernick become like Brian Brohm??

He just needs 7 years to become mediocre.
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
Originally posted by mcbaes72:
Good thing about practice is QBs get to play against the best defense in the league, so they should put up better stats vs. other less-talented teams.

Very surprised AS's (spells a$$...haha) stats were so accurate. If this is any indication of his performance during the regular season, thank you for re-signing with SF (LOL at Manning still recovering in DEN).

Maybe those mechanical fixes he has been working on are really helping. He was a very accurate qb in college. Maybe Colin should visit House himself.

It seems there's always articles praising Smith's mechanics and how he's improving every year, but seeing stats like that (even though it's practice) makes me more of a believer...add consistency at OC and maybe we'll finally get to see an accurate passer like his 6-to-1 TD/INT ratio from his college days.
Originally posted by mcbaes72:
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
Originally posted by mcbaes72:
Good thing about practice is QBs get to play against the best defense in the league, so they should put up better stats vs. other less-talented teams.

Very surprised AS's (spells a$$...haha) stats were so accurate. If this is any indication of his performance during the regular season, thank you for re-signing with SF (LOL at Manning still recovering in DEN).

Maybe those mechanical fixes he has been working on are really helping. He was a very accurate qb in college. Maybe Colin should visit House himself.

It seems there's always articles praising Smith's mechanics and how he's improving every year, but seeing stats like that (even though it's practice) makes me more of a believer...add consistency at OC and maybe we'll finally get to see an accurate passer like his 6-to-1 TD/INT ratio from his college days.

If that happens we have some guys whose heads will explode.
Keap should be fine. He's trying to play under enter right now. That's like trying to do 10 different things in 3 seconds. His accuracy will come back to him once he gets the other ducks in a row
[ Edited by qnnhan7 on Jun 14, 2012 at 9:05 AM ]
Originally posted by susweel:
He just needs 7 years to become mediocre.
Yeah it's Alex's fault Kaep. sucks.
Too early to press the panic button on CK.

We drafted him knowing he wasn't out of the box ready to start in the NFL and needed some refinement to his game to perform at an NFL level and this happens to be the real first chance that he's had to get it because the lockout eliminated any time the coaches could properly invest into him.

He was a 2nd round pick but I believe that was only due to the severe run on QBs that upped his value and if it wasn't for that he would've been a 3rd rounder.
Originally posted by JiksJuicy:
Originally posted by susweel:
He just needs 7 years to become mediocre.
Yeah it's Alex's fault Kaep. sucks.

All Im saying at least give the kid a chance before you guys write him off.
Originally posted by susweel:
All Im saying at least give the kid a chance before you guys write him off.

alex had a pretty decent 2nd year


i dont think any1 is writing kaep off but it doesnt seem like he made much of an improvement from his rookie year
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
Originally posted by susweel:
All Im saying at least give the kid a chance before you guys write him off.

alex had a pretty decent 2nd year


i dont think any1 is writing kaep off but it doesnt seem like he made much of an improvement from his rookie year

and your basing this off of mini camp practice
Kaepernick is more behind the ball than AS was when he came into the NFL. He came from POS offense and played POS competition. Not only that, he's lanky and doesn't have a true NFL QB body type. I feel like this is going to be the one pick that Harbaalke miss on. He also looks like a tool.

If JJ plays better in the preseason, he should be QB2 because if AS goes down, I have ZERO faith in CK.
Originally posted by susweel:
and your basing this off of mini camp practice

every practice so far ... and from preseason last year same mistakes
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
Originally posted by susweel:
and your basing this off of mini camp practice

every practice so far ... and from preseason last year same mistakes

yah maybe he sucks but its still a bit early in the process to give up on him. We might have to spend a high pick on a QB next year if CK doesn't show any improvement.
Wow
I love when a guy does great in practice it's a indication of growth. Conversely when he struggles it's "oh it's just practice it doens't matter" Sounding like they have 2 wack ass back ups. Hope not.
Its amazing that some of the people writing off Kaep are the same people that made excuses and had 7 years of patience with Alex. Just funny to me.
Search Podcast Draft Forum Commentary News Shop Home