LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 260 users in the forums

Harbaugh sees a "big jump" in Anthony Davis' play

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by 49erfeeeever808:
Originally posted by NC49erfan82:
Originally posted by oldman9er:
It was so funny after season before last ended and everyone on here was straight up killing Davis. I tried to come to the rescue to defend him by telling everyone how young the kid is and was just thrown in there at Right Tackle (position he did not play in college) and struggled some. Oh nooooo people did not want to hear that b******t but I am glad he muted a lot of people with his play last year.

People were not "killing him", as you say. They had every right to complain about him missing blocks, while ALSO already understanding that he was extremely young and thrown right into the fire.

No dude they WERE ripping him really hard. There were several of people on here like "really guys". I wish I could pull the thread up to see for yourselves. Either way it does not matter he is playing great now lets move on.

post 2010 people we calling him Kwame Davis.

A lot of those people were Smith fans who would throw their own mothers under a bus to justify bad QB play.
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
It was so funny after season before last ended and everyone on here was straight up killing Davis. I tried to come to the rescue to defend him by telling everyone how young the kid is and was just thrown in there at Right Tackle (position he did not play in college) and struggled some. Oh nooooo people did not want to hear that b******t but I am glad he muted a lot of people with his play last year.

People were not "killing him", as you say. They had every right to complain about him missing blocks, while ALSO already understanding that he was extremely young and thrown right into the fire.

No dude they WERE ripping him really hard. There were several of people on here like "really guys". I wish I could pull the thread up to see for yourselves. Either way it does not matter he is playing great now lets move on.

A lot of those people were Smith fans who would throw their own mothers under a bus to justify bad QB play.

Pass pro of Davis and Iupati was nothing to tout about in 2010. Both inconsistent. Davis only played like a stable RT since the Detroit game of last year. LOL... Kinda ironic though, one of the first thing that Harbaugh said when he took the job was that Smith was the one got thrown under the bus by the organization Touche
[ Edited by qnnhan7 on Jun 7, 2012 at 3:58 PM ]
At least we are getting better... having went from 3rd worst pass pro OL in 2010 to the 12th worst in 2011.

http://footballoutsiders.com/stats/ol

( though PFF says Goodwin was the 3rd worst C last year and Snyder was the 5th worst G )

http://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2012/02/21/2011-pass-blocking-efficiency-guards-and-centers/ ;

Guess those sites are throwing our OL under the bus because they are Alex fanatics.

This pic never gets old
Originally posted by wysiwyg:

This pic never gets old

At least we are getting better... having went from 3rd worst pass pro OL in 2010 to the 12th worst in 2011.

http://footballoutsiders.com/stats/ol

( though PFF says Goodwin was the 3rd worst C last year and Snyder was the 5th worst G )

http://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2012/02/21/2011-pass-blocking-efficiency-guards-and-centers/ ;

Guess those sites are throwing our OL under the bus because they are Alex fanatics.

stats smats.......Alex holds the ball to long resulting poor oline stats. Its no wonder elite QBs always have a "great oline."

This pic never gets old
he tweeted that he was Capt Save-a-hoe so Harbs didn't beat his ass

LOL! Yeah, sure it's the Smith fans who get negative things all the time! And those NFL stat guys are just following the pro Smith line. Are you guilty of OLinexcuses?
I honestly expect big things from Smith: I think he has the talent and the drive. All he needs is the confidence.

I just have the feeling he's gonna ball.......Smith, Johnson, Tolzien........Trade Kaep after a good preseason.
[ Edited by Oakland-Niner on Jun 7, 2012 at 6:31 PM ]
Originally posted by dtg_9er:

LOL! Yeah, sure it's the Smith fans who get negative things all the time! And those NFL stat guys are just following the pro Smith line. Are you guilty of OLinexcuses?

Ah come on dtg. You bit!

Originally posted by sincalfaithful:

This pic never gets old
he tweeted that he was Capt Save-a-hoe so Harbs didn't beat his ass

lol epic pic
Originally posted by qnnhan7:

Pass pro of Davis and Iupati was nothing to tout about in 2010. Both inconsistent. Davis only played like a stable RT since the Detroit game of last year. LOL... Kinda ironic though, one of the first thing that Harbaugh said when he took the job was that Smith was the one got thrown under the bus by the organization Touche

Yeah pass protection in 2010 wasn't great. Neither was the pass throwing.

Yeah Smith did get thrown under the bus. That what happens to mostly all #1 overall picks who bust.
Ah come on dtg. You bit!

Yeah pass protection in 2010 wasn't great. Neither was the pass throwing.

Yeah Smith did get thrown under the bus. That what happens to mostly all #1 overall picks who bust.

i cant remember a #1 in recent memory that has had so many different OC's
I hope he plays better. He was almost single handedly responsible for the loss against baltimore. It was like he just let Suggs go by him so many times without even trying. He was also playing on a sore ankle I believe. Still, didn't see a lot of effort in that game.
Share 49ersWebzone