LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 239 users in the forums

Harbaugh sees a "big jump" in Anthony Davis' play

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
Somewhere Oldman9er is crying in his milk......just kidding Oldman...

hopefully our O-line is top 5 this upcoming season. Big possibility!
given Harbaughs track record of over praising his players, its not exactly big news.
  • mike
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Niners99:
given Harbaughs track record of over praising his players, its not exactly big news.

You mean crabtree doesn't really have amazing hands and davis doesn't have quick feet?
Originally posted by mike:
Originally posted by Niners99:

You mean crabtree doesn't really have amazing hands and davis doesn't have quick feet?

I mean him suggesting that Crabtree has the best hands hes ever seen, when hes seen Jerry Rice, or saying Alex Smith should be in the pro bowl, when there were clearly 3 better QB's in the conference. He's going to back his players 100%, and say things that arent even true just to build their confidence.

Theres nothing wrong with any of that, but you cant really take any of his opinions on his players seriously though. he gives the media generic answers to all their questions, and tells them each and every player on his team is the best in the NFL at what they do. Its just his way of dealing with a pestering media that is looking for every chance to pull him into a tirade.

Its just with that style comes the inability to take much away from his comments. Davis probably is doing better than before. Hes a talented player learning from a top tier coaching staff, who is another year more experienced. Im just not going to get my hopes up for Davis just because Harbaugh had nice things to say.
There's some grade A beef on that front line. This team is being put together for serious runs over the next half dozen years.
Originally posted by RishikeshA:
There's some grade A beef on that front line. This team is being put together for serious runs over the next half dozen years.

A.Davis looks a lot more muscular in the article pic than in the past. His arms use to look soft, now your starting to see some definition.

You had better be kidding. I have nothing against AD at all, and would be as happy as anyone if he cleans up his pass protection. I still maintain that his pass pro was pretty rough last season and even worse the season before. I suggested that just maybe he can't improve enough in his pass pro. But if he can? I'll admit my hunch was wrong and smile. ( see? I can do that, unlike others regarding someone else )

... if he's improved? That's great! Can't wait for the games!
Very encouraging. Keep it up ADavis, the better our pass protection the more our running game will open up and vice versa. It looks like we'll also hhave some quality depth for the OLine.

So far, this is a VERY long off season. Can't wait to start the season.
He will be a Pro Bowler SOON

Originally posted by oldman9er:

You had better be kidding. I have nothing against AD at all, and would be as happy as anyone if he cleans up his pass protection. I still maintain that his pass pro was pretty rough last season and even worse the season before. I suggested that just maybe he can't improve enough in his pass pro. But if he can? I'll admit my hunch was wrong and smile. ( see? I can do that, unlike others regarding someone else )

... if he's improved? That's great! Can't wait for the games!

P.S. I'm excited about Boone.....at RG. I can't wait until the pads go on, so we can really seperate the starters from the scrubs.

P.S. I'm excited about Boone.....at RG. I can't wait until the pads go on, so we can really seperate the starters from the scrubs.

Yep. And as big a fan as I am of Boone and the positive changes he's made in life, I will be perfectly happy if Kilgore or Looney outshine him and earn that RG spot. I like certain players more than others, but I like team success far more.

I hate these months... without football, I haz an empty.
Let's hope he isn't just blowing smoke up his ass.
Originally posted by SportsFan:
Let's hope he isn't just blowing smoke up his ass.

Coddled wittle Anthony...
Share 49ersWebzone