LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 199 users in the forums

Colin Kaepernick

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by toeshawn:
I don't get why this dude has some haters, he hasn't proven anyone right or wrong yet

cuz haters gon hate?
Originally posted by Nalo9er:
Originally posted by Bay2Bay9erAllday:
Originally posted by martysofresh:
CK, LMJ, and Jenkins are the future of this team, IMO. Alex has 3yrs to win a ring. Which means CK has 3yrs to improve under the QB Guru known as Jim Harbaugh. I have faith in Jim and what he can do, and I have faith in CK. Everyone says CK is raw, and since we have JH, I find that to be a good thing. Id prefer that he ride the bench and learn from the sidelines instead of get thrown into the fire and lose his confidence. It takes time. Everything will fall into place. He has the talent, now it just needs to be molded. JH is building a bomb. Because between Jenkins, LMJ, and CK, there is a ton of explosive power waiting to be unleashed. If there's two things CK does well, its get out of a broken plays and throw well on the run. Just give him time folks. CK is the future of the franchise.

Good Post

Well said. That building a bomb sht gets me hyped for the future

i cant remember for being this hyped for the future
I hope he does pan out, but it looks as if he might need a little time to learn the pro game. It is way too early to tell one way or another how his career will play out. At least he has a coach that understands the position. Look what a difference that made with Alex.
still a year away
If all the weapons on offense turned out the way we think they could, they could benefit Kaep also. I think we will see him on the field this year in certain situations. He might turn out to be the Matt Flynn of 2012. Looks great in limited playtime. Everyone will think he's capable of starting. Other team may want to check on a trade for him. I believe in Harbaugh when he said all 3qb are capable of playing in the NFL. They just need development time.
[ Edited by qnnhan7 on Jul 31, 2012 at 9:03 AM ]
according to PFF (who was at our camp yesterday josh johnson loooked better

In the competition behind Alex Smith, Josh Johnson, to me, looked far and away the better QB than Colin Kaepernick today. Better feet, quicker and smoother motion, better velocity, on target just as often and fully able to make all of the throws. Small sample size considered, my money's on him settling in behind Smith.

http://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2012/07/31/camp-tour-2012-santa-clara/
  • Jiks
Im just curious what everyone is basing this off of? Not being a "hater" but 2 days ago this thread was hardly ever refreshed. Kaepernick wins an accuracy contest and all the sudden he's Cam Newton, Matt Flynn and what not? The guy is still fighting for the #2 spot. I've looked for updates on the guy and have only seen "Kaepernick is looking the part of the #2". Again not hating the guy, just asking an honest question. I like Kaep. and watched him in college but to be completely honest I don't know how anyone can make a judgement on him quite yet. As I said I haven't heard much besides he's won an accuracy contest with no defenders in his face.
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
according to PFF (who was at our camp yesterday josh johnson loooked better

In the competition behind Alex Smith, Josh Johnson, to me, looked far and away the better QB than Colin Kaepernick today. Better feet, quicker and smoother motion, better velocity, on target just as often and fully able to make all of the throws. Small sample size considered, my money's on him settling in behind Smith.

http://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2012/07/31/camp-tour-2012-santa-clara/

At one point in the day, the QB group was brought to the near sideline to face a large net with three cut-out openings. Each in turn, Kaepernick, Johnson, Tolzien, and Smith competed in carnival fashion to throw balls through the openings, tallying and timing each series of throws. As fun as it was to see them competing and hear them ribbing each other, my side discussion with punter Andy Lee stole the show … one comment about how it wouldn't be good for the team if he stepped in and showed them up was particularly noteworthy.

Hella funny by Andy Lee
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by JiksJuicy:
Im just curious what everyone is basing this off of? Not being a "hater" but 2 days ago this thread was hardly ever refreshed. Kaepernick wins an accuracy contest and all the sudden he's Cam Newton, Matt Flynn and what not? The guy is still fighting for the #2 spot. I've looked for updates on the guy and have only seen "Kaepernick is looking the part of the #2". Again not hating the guy, just asking an honest question. I like Kaep. and watched him in college but to be completely honest I don't know how anyone can make a judgement on him quite yet. As I said I haven't heard much besides he's won an accuracy contest with no defenders in his face.
thats cuz the webzone does not have nate davis or korey sheets or jamal robinson or otis arney around anymore to anoint as the torch bearer of the franchise
Originally posted by JiksJuicy:

Everyone likes an underdog story.

Originally posted by jreff22:
still a year away

Maybe more. IMO, he was a medium term project. I saw him play in college a lot. He should sit and learn the craft for three years. After that, we'll see.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
Everyone likes an underdog story.

and alof of people hate alex so much one small scrap of good news about CK causes the alex haters to foam at the mouth
trollers gonna troll
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Bay2Bay9erAllday:
trollers gonna troll

So True.

Giedi
  • Amir
  • RIP Amir, Hall of Fame
CK was coach harbaugh's choice. harbaugh is never wrong. dude will be legit whenever he starts.
Share 49ersWebzone