There are 94 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Colin Kaepernick

Originally posted by oldman9er:
Originally posted by cciowa:
Actually, no... it is not "too bad for me" because ultimately I am happy with whoever earns the job. (as I clearly said)
of course, this is the truth to most fans. we all have our favorites for sure but who ever earns it fair and square deserves it and thats ok with me

Some fans have a hard time understanding that people see things different, and are sometimes critical of vets or the "names" of the team. Sometimes fans are excited about players that may be a ways down on the depth chart according to the majority.

This doesnt mean people are rooting for people on the team to fail, or that they wont be happy if they do good. I have pretty much always been very critical of crabtree ever since his holdout. I cheered with everyone when we drafted him. It doesnt mean i want him to fail. I would be extremely happy if Crabtree was to become what we drafted him to be.

I have also been very high on KW saying he wouldnt be cut all offseason, but if Crabtree being what we drafted him to be meant KW being cut, i would choose that in a heartbeat. Ultimately we all want the best for the team.
Originally posted by IdahoNiner:
Actually, no... it is not "too bad for me" because ultimately I am happy with whoever earns the job. (as I clearly said)
of course, this is the truth to most fans. we all have our favorites for sure but who ever earns it fair and square deserves it and thats ok with me

Some fans have a hard time understanding that people see things different, and are sometimes critical of vets or the "names" of the team. Sometimes fans are excited about players that may be a ways down on the depth chart according to the majority.

This doesnt mean people are rooting for people on the team to fail, or that they wont be happy if they do good. I have pretty much always been very critical of crabtree ever since his holdout. I cheered with everyone when we drafted him. It doesnt mean i want him to fail. I would be extremely happy if Crabtree was to become what we drafted him to be.

I have also been very high on KW saying he wouldnt be cut all offseason, but if Crabtree being what we drafted him to be meant KW being cut, i would choose that in a heartbeat. Ultimately we all want the best for the team.

Yeah, good post. I'd love to believe that everyone here supports every player and wants success even if a lesser liked one is the one to bring that success. I can not though, for I have seen too much. Some people just want certain players cut... and at any cost... though I do believe that list of people to be quite small. (but not small enough, which would be 0.

... and I was SO happy when I heard Crabtree's name called. I wanted either Crabtree or Raji... but GB snagged Raji the pick prior to ours.

I think Crabtree is a good WR, but he hasn't lived up to my expectations or draft status.. and I think that is due to a mix of legit injuries AND a less-than-stellar attitude. I'll still hope for him to be great, but my money's on him being... just... good.
Originally posted by IdahoNiner:

Yeah, good post. I'd love to believe that everyone here supports every player and wants success even if a lesser liked one is the one to bring that success. I can not though, for I have seen too much. Some people just want certain players cut... and at any cost... though I do believe that list of people to be quite small. (but not small enough, which would be 0.

... and I was SO happy when I heard Crabtree's name called. I wanted either Crabtree or Raji... but GB snagged Raji the pick prior to ours.

I think Crabtree is a good WR, but he hasn't lived up to my expectations or draft status.. and I think that is due to a mix of legit injuries AND a less-than-stellar attitude. I'll still hope for him to be great, but my money's on him being... just... good.

Can definitely see where your coming from, I guess i should have said "we all want the best" but instead "most fans want the best". There are always gonna be people that want someone off the team, just so they can be proven right. That is more of an internet and ego thing than a fan thing. Those same people are probally in front of there TV loving every minute of every play just like the rest of us, and probally cheer for there hated players just like the rest of us, but Internet bravado wont allow them to eat a bit of crow hen they are wrong. We are all wrong once in a while, if not more often than not.
Originally posted by NINER_Dynasty:
Colin Kaepernick definitely has the potential and unique tools to be a successful quarterback in the league. He has a strong arm, great speed for the position, and intangibles that you just don't see in every player. However, I do think he needs time to develop and gain experience before he sees the field. Sky's the limit for him though, could be something special.

I agree.
Originally posted by ElDannMann:
Originally posted by 49ersHeroine:
Originally posted by JiksJuicy:
Originally posted by 49ersHeroine:
I respect your opinion. But like Alex said a couple weeks ago. Colin is very accurate. The media?reporters only have a few hours a week to see the team. Plus they say JJ is excellent at passing drills. But CK7 is the best out of the 4 qbs in 11 on 11 scrimmages

Link? I haven't read that once.

You'd really have to be on crack if you think I would waist my time searching for a link to some football story. I'm to busy and way to many other problems in the world and life I'm concerned with, buddy. But since you have boundless time scroll down webzone history you'll find it

Then there's no credibility to your post.

Yes.
ha, even if he took the time to provide it...some will still argue how it doesn't matter..... usually I understand where yall are coming from, regarding providing links.

but it seems when ever I bring links...or video footage with my arguments, some still will ignore it and try to take argument else where.

yes though I know what he is talking about. If yall follow most of what has come out of camp in the offseason..as well as trainning camp so far... it seems like most of the praise you see from Alex, comes from one on one passes.....where as Kaep was praised doing well in 11 on 11 or 7 on 7 situation.

of course that doesn't mean anything...Alex has the experience and this is just camp...but its still an observation.
^ dude looks full of himself and hasn't done sh*t yet to be that way.

( of course, it is just a picture... could be that he is a humble guy just trying to look tough or something )
^ dude looks full of himself and hasn't done sh*t yet to be that way.

( of course, it is just a picture... could be that he is a humble guy just trying to look tough or something )

That Pat neon gonna fall off the freak'n wall when we destroy them Dec. 16th. Brady on the ground in a fetal position before anyone of our guys even touched him.
Originally posted by Afrikan:
ha, even if he took the time to provide it...some will still argue how it doesn't matter..... usually I understand where yall are coming from, regarding providing links.

but it seems when ever I bring links...or video footage with my arguments, some still will ignore it and try to take argument else where.

yes though I know what he is talking about. If yall follow most of what has come out of camp in the offseason..as well as trainning camp so far... it seems like most of the praise you see from Alex, comes from one on one passes.....where as Kaep was praised doing well in 11 on 11 or 7 on 7 situation.

of course that doesn't mean anything...Alex has the experience and this is just camp...but its still an observation.

but it was posted by our beat writers that alex has looked far and away our best QB and none of the other 3 have pulled away yet

thats why we asked for a link because its the complete opposite of what weve been hearing
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:

but it was posted by our beat writers that alex has looked far and away our best QB and none of the other 3 have pulled away yet

thats why we asked for a link because its the complete opposite of what weve been hearing

This. 49erHeroine's refusal to provide the link, in the manner they did, shows they are full of poop.

Thank you! It's really easy to just make stuff up, not saying anybody is making stuff up, but I haven't read anywhere where Kaep. is looking good, or great in 11 on 11 drills. I don't think it's a bad thing to ask for a simple little link. I'm not asking for a link cause I"m calling the guy a liar, i'm asking for a link because I haven't read this myself and it would be good to know. Thus far I personally have only read like you said that the battle for #2 is pretty much even. Some even say Johnson is looking better.

Not too difficult to back your statements up

In the competition behind Alex Smith, Josh Johnson, to me, looked far and away the better QB than Colin Kaepernick today. Better feet, quicker and smoother motion, better velocity, on target just as often and fully able to make all of the throws. Small sample size considered, my money's on him settling in behind Smith.

http://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2012/07/31/camp-tour-2012-santa-clara/

Here is Maiocco's take-Don't have link, but look a page or two back.

Alex Smith is clearly performing at a level higher than the other quarterbacks. And none of the other three -- Colin Kaepernick, Josh Johnson and Scott Tolzien -- has taken a step away from the pack. Each has provided good moments and not-so-good moments.

I'm not asking for much, just proof behind guys statement. Contradicting what I have read.

Thank you! It's really easy to just make stuff up, not saying anybody is making stuff up, but I haven't read anywhere where Kaep. is looking good, or great in 11 on 11 drills. I don't think it's a bad thing to ask for a simple little link. I'm not asking for a link cause I"m calling the guy a liar, i'm asking for a link because I haven't read this myself and it would be good to know. Thus far I personally have only read like you said that the battle for #2 is pretty much even. Some even say Johnson is looking better.

Not too difficult to back your statements up

In the competition behind Alex Smith, Josh Johnson, to me, looked far and away the better QB than Colin Kaepernick today. Better feet, quicker and smoother motion, better velocity, on target just as often and fully able to make all of the throws. Small sample size considered, my money's on him settling in behind Smith.

http://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2012/07/31/camp-tour-2012-santa-clara/

Here is Maiocco's take-Don't have link, but look a page or two back.

Alex Smith is clearly performing at a level higher than the other quarterbacks. And none of the other three -- Colin Kaepernick, Josh Johnson and Scott Tolzien -- has taken a step away from the pack. Each has provided good moments and not-so-good moments.

I'm not asking for much, just proof behind guys statement. Contradicting what I have read.

That quote regarding Johnson looking better is the only one I have seen since camp began predicting JJ over Kap. When you read it, the guy is obviously enamored with the throwing motion and form of Johnson and can only say that JJ is "on target just as often" as Kap. "better velocity"?? I doubt it.
Gotta remember that even writers are often just giving their opinion.
Originally posted by NV9erfan:
That quote regarding Johnson looking better is the only one I have seen since camp began predicting JJ over Kap. When you read it, the guy is obviously enamored with the throwing motion and form of Johnson and can only say that JJ is "on target just as often" as Kap. "better velocity"?? I doubt it.
Gotta remember that even writers are often just giving their opinion.

Not saying it's the truth, just asking for a link that says Kaep. and I quote 49ersheroin. "The media?reporters only have a few hours a week to see the team. Plus they say JJ is excellent at passing drills. But CK7 is the best out of the 4 qbs in 11 on 11 scrimmages"

Where have the media ever said that? Simply asking for a link that was never provided. Again not calling the guy a liar, but I would like to know if this is the truth and where he found this. Again not that difficult, not hating on Kaep. or anything, just asked for a link.
Not saying it's the truth, just asking for a link that says Kaep. and I quote 49ersheroin. "The media?reporters only have a few hours a week to see the team. Plus they say JJ is excellent at passing drills. But CK7 is the best out of the 4 qbs in 11 on 11 scrimmages"

Where have the media ever said that? Simply asking for a link that was never provided. Again not calling the guy a liar, but I would like to know if this is the truth and where he found this. Again not that difficult, not hating on Kaep. or anything, just asked for a link.

I seem to remember them saying that (or actually one reporter saying it) during one practice session a while back. I think it was Grant Cohn who said that during that particular day Kaep looked the best. I also believe that one of the Matt's kind of discounted that opinion in their own report later that day.

So maybe one of these guys that is a huge Kaep fan kind of took that one report and ran with it.