There are 257 users in the forums

Colin Kaepernick

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by ObePwnD:
When the bullets start flying, we'll see who out plays who. I'm sure it'll be quite different when Kaep is getting rushed.

LOL I dont think anyone is questioning whether Alex is outplaying CK right now. Alex is a savvy QB and it'll take CK another coupe of years to catch up to Alex mentally. That being said, kaep is at his best when bullets are live, so if you're waiting for him to slip up, dont count on it. I think there's a better chance he gains more notoriety as real snaps are taken.
I'm hoping that CK will win the #2 position outright, but glad to have the other guys in there competing. His athletic ability is sooo tantalizing!
Originally posted by kush:
When the bullets start flying, we'll see who out plays who. I'm sure it'll be quite different when Kaep is getting rushed.

LOL I dont think anyone is questioning whether Alex is outplaying CK right now. Alex is a savvy QB and it'll take CK another coupe of years to catch up to Alex mentally. That being said, kaep is at his best when bullets are live, so if you're waiting for him to slip up, dont count on it. I think there's a better chance he gains more notoriety as real snaps are taken.

As much as I'd like to smoke you, I gotta agree with this post. Kap has a natural killer instinct and thrives on pressure, he made that perfectly clear with his college career. He still has a few things to work on before I would consider him a legit NFL starter, but with all the tools in his toolbox, his development is going to take a little longer than most. I think all of us will have a better idea of Kap's development curve once pre-season rolls around. But we really won't know for sure until we see him under the lights with the pressure on.
Originally posted by OKC49erFan:
Ah, that could explain why I never saw it. I don't read anything from either Cohn. They are both full of crap. Seeking only to stir controversy. Slimeball tactics to generate hits on their articles.

The magic of google and spending 10 seconds looking

The link above is the GrAnt Cohn article stating Kaepernick was the best QB on the field tht day (jun 14th) and in 11 on 11s. On June 5th, Cohn has another article stating Kaepernick was the best that day as well.

Read my post that you quoted.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by 49erguy49:

As much as I'd like to smoke you, I gotta agree with this post. Kap has a natural killer instinct and thrives on pressure, he made that perfectly clear with his college career. He still has a few things to work on before I would consider him a legit NFL starter, but with all the tools in his toolbox, his development is going to take a little longer than most. I think all of us will have a better idea of Kap's development curve once pre-season rolls around. But we really won't know for sure until we see him under the lights with the pressure on.

Smoke you lol
Originally posted by oldman9er:
^ dude looks full of himself and hasn't done sh*t yet to be that way.

( of course, it is just a picture... could be that he is a humble guy just trying to look tough or something )

That's Nes Androin who's done almost every tat on Kap at Stained Tattoo in Reno. http://www.staintat2.com/

At the time he got that "Against All Odds" tattoo on his chest, he wasn't even drafted yet. And if you want to go by his college career, I'd say he'd done plenty of sh*t at that level. (look at all the NCAA and school records he holds) Although everyone I've ever talked to says CK is not cocky at all and is a very humble guy. Take a look at the blog where he spent a full day with local children who have serious heart deffects and judge for yourself.

That's why you gotta love the internet. Someone throws up a picture of a guy from 2 years ago and everyone judges
Originally posted by 9erFanInReno:

That's why you gotta love the internet. Someone throws up a picture of a guy from 2 years ago and everyone judges

Well, hopefully, you read my post stating that it was just a picture and interpretations can vary on what is seen from that picture.

Glad to hear that CK7 is? such a humble and good guy. That sounds like what I'd heard when he was a prospect. Hope he is still that way.
Originally posted by 9erFanInReno:
That's Nes Androin who's done almost every tat on Kap at Stained Tattoo in Reno. http://www.staintat2.com/

At the time he got that "Against All Odds" tattoo on his chest, he wasn't even drafted yet. And if you want to go by his college career, I'd say he'd done plenty of sh*t at that level. (look at all the NCAA and school records he holds) Although everyone I've ever talked to says CK is not cocky at all and is a very humble guy. Take a look at the blog where he spent a full day with local children who have serious heart deffects and judge for yourself.

i wanted to say somehting as a joke but i have enough judgement to know its too inappropriate
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
i wanted to say somehting as a joke but i have enough judgement to know its too inappropriate

LOL! Think I see what you see there... creepy perv.
Lol I love all these new long-time Reno Niner fans!

Kaep is gonna be fine. 3 year plan. See where he and the team are next season. We'll know more about Smith after this season, as well as Kaep. At this point nothing would surprise me. Franchise QB, traded, career backup - all possible outcomes.

Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:

LOL! Think I see what you see there... creepy perv.

You guys talking about Michael Crabtree sitting at the side of the pool -- all dejected there... puulleeeez
http://www.turlockjournal.com/archives/5025/

Here is an old article from Kap's hometown. I thought it was pretty interesting
Well, hopefully, you read my post stating that it was just a picture and interpretations can vary on what is seen from that picture.

Glad to hear that CK7 is? such a humble and good guy. That sounds like what I'd heard when he was a prospect. Hope he is still that way.

I did and I figured you meant it that way. A lot of people wouldn't bother to read that part though.

Hey, you guys probably know that UNLV and Fresno are red schools and two of our schools biggest rivals. Until Kap got drafted by us it just wasn't acceptable to wear red out in public up here, even if it was a #16 or #80 jersey. Now, you got on a #7 and it's all good.
Originally posted by 49ersHeroine:
You'd really have to be on crack if you think I would waist my time searching for a link to some football story. I'm to busy and way to many other problems in the world and life I'm concerned with, buddy. But since you have boundless time scroll down webzone history you'll find it

So posting an unsubstantiated comment that other rabid 9er fans have not read--anywhere--isn't a "waist" of time but documenting your posts is? Glad you are working on all the other problems in the world though!
doesn't sound like he'll ever get a shot with us. I don't see Alex falling apart and having an "eagles game" type season...Barring injury, I doubt any of the guys see the field except for creative offensive plays, or 90 yard hail mary's
Share 49ersWebzone