There are 120 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

What percentage of run plays will Gore carry?

What percentage of run plays will Gore carry?

I think he'll receive about 50-60% of the run plays. Gore has great vision but his lack of speed is real issue. Last year we lost about 3-4 would be touchdowns because Gore was easily caught even though he was on a break away. I think we'll see him share more time with Hunter and James. So glad we got James! Such a steal!
[ Edited by mustangmele on Jun 4, 2012 at 12:51 PM ]
58.7 %
Originally posted by susweel:
58.7 %

You must be from the future...
Im guessing the thought behind the question was assuming optimal health, correct?

If Gore stays healthy, I would say he gets 65-70% of the carries. And that might even be a little low.
40% or less.
he starting to break down , im thinking he gets half , if he goes injury free all season.
Gore will RUN and RECEIVE at the same time exactly 0%.....(unless it's a screen your question puts a funny picture in my head)

(the question is phrased rather ambiguously/poor choice of words)

Probably replace "receive" with "carry"...
[ Edited by Dr_Bill_Walsh on Jun 4, 2012 at 2:19 PM ]
Originally posted by Dr_Bill_Walsh:
Gore will RUN and RECEIVE at the same time exactly 0%.....(unless it's a screen your question puts a funny picture in my head)

(the question is phrased rather ambiguously/poor choice of words)

Probably replace "receive" with "carry"...

There's always one of you...
Hopefully he will only need to run 50-60% of the time. It would be nice to have a 4 headed monster in the backfield with LMJ, Kendall, and Jacobs.
Last year it was pretty much 70-30 Gore and Hunter. I'd say around 60 with 20-25 Hunter, 10-15 James and 5 Jacobs (short yardage/goal line). By next year if Gore is still good to go it will probably go down to 40-50% and the year after that it's probably 50/50 to 60/40 James and Hunter if Gore retires with 1 year left on his contract. Not sure Gore sticks around (also consider what he makes/cap) that 3rd and final year of his deal. Would be a shame if he had to go someone where else for like a year though. Hopefully he re-structures and stays on with James and Hunter as the primary backs and is a mentor/coach type while getting a small % of carries if he still has some left that last year.
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Jun 4, 2012 at 3:05 PM ]
Originally posted by Gore_21:
Last year it was pretty much 70-30 Gore and Hunter. I'd say around 60 with 20-25 Hunter, 10-15 James and 5 Jacobs (short yardage/goal line). By next year if Gore is still good to go it will probably go down to 40-50% and the year after that it's probably 50/50 to 60/40 James and Hunter if Gore retires with 1 year left on his contract. Not sure Gore sticks around (also consider what he makes/cap) that 3rd and final year of his deal. Would be a shame if he had to go someone where else for like a year though. Hopefully he re-structures and stays on with James and Hunter as the primary backs and is a mentor/coach type while getting a small % of carries if he still has some left that last year.

I'd say:

45% Gore
20% James
15% Hunter
10% Jacobs
10% Gadget plays (Walker, Ginn, Williams, Jenkins, Davis, ...)
Originally posted by mustangmele:
Originally posted by susweel:
58.7 %

You must be from the future...

I have one of these


Considering Jacobs will get 3rd & short and goal line carries, Hunter and James will figure more prominently in the offense, I'd say maybe 50%. He probably won't be happy with that, but that's why they went out and signed BJ and drafted James. I'd say next year they draft a bigger RB to take over for Gore. Thought they'd do that this year, but I can understand why Harbaugh snapped up James...figures he couldn't beat him, so why not join him (on the team).
If he's still up over 4 yards a carry they will give him 15 to 20 carries a game without question
Originally posted by CorvaNinerFan:
Considering Jacobs will get 3rd & short and goal line carries, Hunter and James will figure more prominently in the offense, I'd say maybe 50%. He probably won't be happy with that, but that's why they went out and signed BJ and drafted James. I'd say next year they draft a bigger RB to take over for Gore. Thought they'd do that this year, but I can understand why Harbaugh snapped up James...figures he couldn't beat him, so why not join him (on the team).

RB don't last long and I have no problem with them picking a playmaker in James. Our offense needs speed and guys who can score and he does that. Hunter probably isn't an every down back and if Gore is out in 2-3 years we will need James and Hunter. I'd rather have to worry about getting enough touches for playmakers than having an offense with no talent. As for Gore I think he should be happy with his career. If I am him the only thing I want to do yet is win a super bowl and he can help by letting the other RBs help him. I think he knows he needs breathers and having him come out will allow for fresh legs and that he isn't the guy who will run until he is dead anymore. If he is worried about stats he doesn't need much to pass Perry for all time leading rusher. He's over 10,000 total yards. Might want to get 10,000 rushing yards... he's at 7625 so that might be attainable. But again his main worry should be to win a super bowl.
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Jun 4, 2012 at 5:42 PM ]
Search Podcast Draft Forum Commentary News Shop Home