LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 298 users in the forums

Which is More Important to You?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Which is More Important to You?

This is what willis just said on twitter.

Wins are Wins I stand with My Qb Alex Smith and all my teammates. I can't wait for the season.

At least somebody is acting like a grown man in all of this.
Originally posted by BayArea:
This is what willis just said on twitter.

Wins are Wins I stand with My Qb Alex Smith and all my teammates. I can't wait for the season.

At least somebody is acting like a grown man in all of this.

Thank You PW. Wins get you to the ultimate prize, stats get you into fantasy leagues.
I am officially the 1%
Smith will have both this year.
Originally posted by dtg_9er:
Originally posted by juycho:
Originally posted by LoboLtnLvr49er:
It doesn't matter how one gets there as long as at the end of the day the scoreboard has a W.

It is all about running the score up and hurting every player possible along the way.
Oh wait sorry I forgot I am not Saints fan!

I usually don't like teams running up scores but if the niners decide to make a point next year it will be fine with me. Would love to see some 55-0 games...particularly against the NYG, NO, and GB.

agree
Originally posted by Blake_Fever:
This is why I come to the 'Zone. For hard hitting, thought provoking questions.

I think the question that's even more difficult to answer is:

Which is more important to you?

Getting AIDS

Getting $10 million

Discuss.

Blake_Fever

Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
Originally posted by Blake_Fever:
This is why I come to the 'Zone. For hard hitting, thought provoking questions.

I think the question that's even more difficult to answer is:

Which is more important to you?

Getting AIDS

Getting $10 million

Discuss.

Blake_Fever

Now what is BLAKE FEVER?
Originally posted by Jersey9er:
Well i decided its a valid question because in the Smith thread, Crabs thread, we have talked about this issue over and over again. We were 13-3, but some felt Smith should of had more yardage, tds etc. Crabs had his best season yet i think, but didnt have the yardage.

Some after a win, say it was just the D that got us the win, but had it not been for some output on the offensive side of the ball, we wouldnt of won many of the games we did.

When we were losing. Sooo many at least 85% of the zoners, said that winning cures it all. And had very little hope going into Sept 2011. then we finish 13-3, one game away from the SB, now the tone has changed to nitpick some of the key elements that got us here. We didnt need big yardage to win games, it's that simple for last year, but when we needed to score points for the win, we did just that. Regardless of the yardage.

Yes, we all want wins, no doubt. But why does it seem like we are the most depressed 13-3 team. Unhappy with tons that helped get us to where we are now.

And all i keep reading is talking less about the wins and winning record, and more about yardage and what numbers should of been put up.

So I ask, and keep it real, which one means more to you!

I myself it's all about the wins, Crabs can catch for 500yds, Gore can run for 500yds, and Smith can throw for 2000yds, and 10tds. And if we have a winning record, thats all i want.

The fact of the matter is big stats usually contribute heavily to wins. Last year's team isn't exactly the greatest example to use because our defense was ridiculously good at taking away the ball. This is something we cannot rely on every year. If you take the numbers that the offense put up and couple that with a mediocre defense, we sure as hell wouldn't have been a 13-3 team. Imagine big stats on offense coupled with last year's defense - they would have blown everybody out of the water.

To answer the question, wins are more important, obviously. But like I said, big numbers usually contribute heavily to a win. The Saints, Patriots, Packers and Giants should be proof of this.
Originally posted by 49erRider:
The fact of the matter is big stats usually contribute heavily to wins. Last year's team isn't exactly the greatest example to use because our defense was ridiculously good at taking away the ball. This is something we cannot rely on every year. If you take the numbers that the offense put up and couple that with a mediocre defense, we sure as hell wouldn't have been a 13-3 team. Imagine big stats on offense coupled with last year's defense - they would have blown everybody out of the water.

To answer the question, wins are more important, obviously. But like I said, big numbers usually contribute heavily to a win. The Saints, Patriots, Packers and Giants should be proof of this.

It's pretty obvious that Harbs is attempting to put together an offense that will put up big numbers. Lets hope he pulls it off.
winning and staying healthy is all i care about

Originally posted by BayArea:
Originally posted by 49erRider:

It's pretty obvious that Harbs is attempting to put together an offense that will put up big numbers. Lets hope he pulls it off.

It should be a fun season. All the stars seem to be aligning.
Share 49ersWebzone