There are 166 users in the forums

Which is More Important to You?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Which is More Important to You?

Well i decided its a valid question because in the Smith thread, Crabs thread, we have talked about this issue over and over again. We were 13-3, but some felt Smith should of had more yardage, tds etc. Crabs had his best season yet i think, but didnt have the yardage.

Some after a win, say it was just the D that got us the win, but had it not been for some output on the offensive side of the ball, we wouldnt of won many of the games we did.

When we were losing. Sooo many at least 85% of the zoners, said that winning cures it all. And had very little hope going into Sept 2011. then we finish 13-3, one game away from the SB, now the tone has changed to nitpick some of the key elements that got us here. We didnt need big yardage to win games, it's that simple for last year, but when we needed to score points for the win, we did just that. Regardless of the yardage.

Yes, we all want wins, no doubt. But why does it seem like we are the most depressed 13-3 team. Unhappy with tons that helped get us to where we are now.

And all i keep reading is talking less about the wins and winning record, and more about yardage and what numbers should of been put up.

So I ask, and keep it real, which one means more to you!

I myself it's all about the wins, Crabs can catch for 500yds, Gore can run for 500yds, and Smith can throw for 2000yds, and 10tds. And if we have a winning record, thats all i want.
[ Edited by Jersey9er on May 24, 2012 at 12:54 PM ]
Wins are more important but your top WR needs to catch more then 5 balls in two playoff games.
see Montana vs. Marino.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Stats are more important.

for fantasy football nerds.
Better offensive stats give you a higher % of winning
[ Edited by 49AllTheTime on May 23, 2012 at 11:18 AM ]
Originally posted by susweel:
Stats are more important.

for fantasy football nerds.
and Marino fans
No one will say stats are more important. What you and others fail to realize is when discussing individual player worth (see Alex/Crab thread), of course individual production will come into play. Yes, winning is the most important thing to the TEAM. But those arent team threads. They are individual player threads.
Originally posted by 80sbaby24:
No one will say stats are more important. What you and others fail to realize is when discussing individual player worth (see Alex/Crab thread), of course individual production will come into play. Yes, winning is the most important thing to the TEAM. But those arent team threads. They are individual player threads.

This.
efficient > prolific
I just want a superbowl from them in my adult life! I don't care how they get there, just get there!

Originally posted by 49erfeeeever808:
efficient > prolific

They dont need to be mutually exclusive though.
Originally posted by 80sbaby24:
Originally posted by 49erfeeeever808:
efficient > prolific

They dont need to be mutually exclusive though.

yep.

Wins, stats are for Fantasy nerds. I rather have our QB throw for just 200 yards, 1 TD and 0 INT then him throwing for 350 Yards, 4TD and 2-3 INT and possibly losing.
  • fly15
  • Veteran
Originally posted by jreff22:
Wins are more important but your top WR needs to catch more then 5 balls in two playoff games.

Wins are more important but the starting qb needs to have more than 495 yds the entire postseason.
Originally posted by fly15:
Originally posted by jreff22:

Wins are more important but the starting qb needs to have more than 495 yds the entire postseason.

so he avg's 250 a game....in reg season that would be 4K yards

I'm fine with that
Share 49ersWebzone