LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 251 users in the forums

OTA thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by tohara3:
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
Never thought that of Randy freak'n Moss. He seems so selfish and self-centered throughout his years. But seems to be true this offseason and with the Niners. Inside out, up side down.
I think his ego is at play to. He does not want the world to remember his nfl career by the way he was two years ago when he bounced around with 3 teams. I have always said diva wide outs do well on one year deals

Seems that way lately.

Completely, I mean just look at how Braylon Edwards worked out.
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
Nah I think it was Kevin Lynch who reported he had a few drops today and said he struggled. But it's his first day of OTAs. He'll be in the long run, but I think for the most part the top 3 WRs will be Moss/Crabs/Manningham. Jenkins can sit and learn for most of the season.

I'd have zero problem with that scenario.
Originally posted by defenderDX:
Never thought that of Randy freak'n Moss. He seems so selfish and self-centered throughout his years. But seems to be true this offseason and with the Niners. Inside out, up side down.
I think his ego is at play to. He does not want the world to remember his nfl career by the way he was two years ago when he bounced around with 3 teams. I have always said diva wide outs do well on one year deals

Seems that way lately.

Braylon got injured and is still trying to recover though, so that doesn't really count IMO.

Seems that way lately.

Braylon got injured and is still trying to recover though, so that doesn't really count IMO.

Bottom line is, we can't assume it's worked out before the season's even started.
Nah I think it was Kevin Lynch who reported he had a few drops today and said he struggled. But it's his first day of OTAs. He'll be in the long run, but I think for the most part the top 3 WRs will be Moss/Crabs/Manningham. Jenkins can sit and learn for most of the season.

Good heads up, I'll have to find that article
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by kush:
Good heads up, I'll have to find that article
Yes it was reported the kid struggled a bit and yes i did cherry pick that item to try to prove we should not be so willing to slip the number one wide out crown on his head and kick moss out the door. I find it odd that so many are willing and rightfully so to give the kid a long leash... However when we hear all these good things about moss in practice and being a good coach off the field, from the head man himself.....Why are so many so willing to trot out the statements like.."its only practice.. wait till the season, wait till he quits on us, wait till alex throws high over his head?some of you need to have a little more faith for gods sake. Yes the brayon edwards thing turned out badly, it happens. But we have heard more good things about moss right now in 3 weeks then we ever did about edwards in a half a season. Do not hate the man till he gives you a reason to hate him. sheesh
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
^^ i think its more of can he do it on a consistent basis than anything else obviously most of the time the knee isnt locked but sometimes it is thats what he wants to fix (also the shoulder thing )

exactly. that's probably why he's always had inconsistency with his accuracy at times. but in the 2nd picture, his knee is still bent because he hasn't followed through with the throw yet. it probably stiffened after the ball was released. he threw high to crabtree most of the time in that game, and eventually it costed him when he threw that pick.

his revised mechanics should fix that, and should help him to be more consistent for sure.

Its a little misleading to think that a qp must keep the knee bent throughout the entire throwing motion isn't it. Sure, you want the knee bent during the actual throw but as any qb follows thru, they will staighten out the front leg as the weight is transfered. Same in all sports. Its a natural motion for the front leg to stiffen as the weight is transfered. Don't get this fascination with the leg being bent at all times?
I am glad to see that moss is not talking to the media, screw them and i am happy to hear the coach say kyle williams is still the primary back up return man to ginn. That does my heart good cuz i know it makes the haters foam at the mouth.. I see the rookie wide out is struggling. You guys who have him starting and beating out moss need to take a time out. No need to rush the kid, we got good guys and in the case of moss,, a good mentor. In my opinion, being in camp, working out with alex and learning from moss will mean more to the kid than running a hill with a ex niner, no matter how great he is, or was

People always make it sound like Moss was a team cancer but former teammates always speak highly of him. When youre as good as he was you have to be a little selfish with wanting the ball.
Originally posted by rk1642:
^^ i think its more of can he do it on a consistent basis than anything else obviously most of the time the knee isnt locked but sometimes it is thats what he wants to fix (also the shoulder thing )

exactly. that's probably why he's always had inconsistency with his accuracy at times. but in the 2nd picture, his knee is still bent because he hasn't followed through with the throw yet. it probably stiffened after the ball was released. he threw high to crabtree most of the time in that game, and eventually it costed him when he threw that pick.

his revised mechanics should fix that, and should help him to be more consistent for sure.

Its a little misleading to think that a qp must keep the knee bent throughout the entire throwing motion isn't it. Sure, you want the knee bent during the actual throw but as any qb follows thru, they will staighten out the front leg as the weight is transfered. Same in all sports. Its a natural motion for the front leg to stiffen as the weight is transfered. Don't get this fascination with the leg being bent at all times?

Not really. I think it's just a question of at which POINT does accuracy get affected when the knee is not bent throughout the release.
[ Edited by defenderDX on May 25, 2012 at 1:35 PM ]

Seems that way lately.

Bottom line is, we can't assume it's worked out before the season's even started.
True.

Opened to the media today

Great
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:

Great

This

Agreed.....and if you recall, before he got hurt, Braylon was looking pretty darn good.
Among the 49ers absent from today's voluntary OTA were M. Manningham, M. Crabtree, Vernon Davis, Anthony Davis, C. Culliver and D. Whitner.
Share 49ersWebzone