LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 240 users in the forums

OTA thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Not yet sure about LMJ, but....

http://blogs.mercurynews.com/49ers/2012/05/22/hip-hip-ota-hip-hip-ota/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+49ersHotRead+%2849ers+Hot+Read%29

What's on calendar:

June 12-14: Mandatory minicamp;
July 21: Rookies, select veterans and quarterbacks report to training camp;
July 26: Veterans report to training camp
Aug. 10: Exhibition opener vs. Minnesota Vikings
Sept. 9: Regular-season opener at Green Bay Packers
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:
Originally posted by SportsFan:
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:
So will LMJ an the Stanford kids be able to participate in Mini-Camp next week?

Is there mini camp next week? Thought this was it until training camp.

Mandatory Mini-Camp next week then that's it until late July

Going to be a quiet few weeks. This s**t can't start soon enough.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
This off season has been taking forever.
Originally posted by susweel:

Almost TC.

ALLLMOSTTT
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
Almost TC.

ALLLMOSTTT

still wont hear much

harbaugh got the media completely shut off
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
Almost TC.

ALLLMOSTTT

still wont hear much

Its ok. I think there are mandatory media sessions. At least we can get a general sense of who is starting at what positions.

Keys to see:

1. Who will be who is starting at Guard opposite of Iupati? Boone or Kilgore or Other

2. Who are the starting 2 WRs?

3. Will Aldon Smith overtake Haralson as the starter?
Great press session with LB coach Jim Leavitt. It's easy to see why Harbaugh wanted him here. He's the poster child for "Enthusiasm unknown to mankind"

http://www.49ers.com/media-gallery/videos/Press-Pass-Jim-Leavitt/e0358672-6699-435f-badd-b88d263d67fb

Good stuff. Towards the end he talks about how he came to know the Harbaugh's and why he declined to listen to offers to return to college over the off-season.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran

at least we have an off season unlike last year! that was pure torture last year
Originally posted by cciowa:

at least we have an off season unlike last year! that was pure torture last year

I am really looking forward to seeing how many of our players are going to significantly improve their games with a full off season. I am expecting Alex, Crabtree and Anthony Davis to raise their games a notch this year and I am hoping that Vernon stays as dominant as he was in the playoffs. Also really excited to see how Aldon and Cully improve from last year...man this waiting is killing me
[ Edited by Memphis9er on Jun 8, 2012 at 8:54 PM ]
Almost TC.

ALLLMOSTTT

still wont hear much

Its ok. I think there are mandatory media sessions. At least we can get a general sense of who is starting at what positions.

Keys to see:

1. Who will be who is starting at Guard opposite of Iupati? Boone or Kilgore or Other

From the way A Davis was talking and from nothing else, it has to be Boone. It looks like JH likes players who like to rough it up and that's how Davis described Boone. If it is true that Boone plays nasty, then that will be a very intimidating right side.

Originally posted by Joecool:
From the way A Davis was talking and from nothing else, it has to be Boone. It looks like JH likes players who like to rough it up and that's how Davis described Boone. If it is true that Boone plays nasty, then that will be a very intimidating right side.

Kilgore also has a rep for being nasty but he is concentrating on center so far. Once TC comes around he may take over...or perhaps it will be a battle royale!
Originally posted by Joecool:
Almost TC.

ALLLMOSTTT

still wont hear much

Keys to see:

Yeah Boone probably has the edge right now since Kilgore is focusing on center. Plus, Boone has been around longer and has more in game experience.
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
Originally posted by cciowa:

I am really looking forward to seeing how many of our players are going to significantly improve their games with a full off season. I am expecting Alex, Crabtree and Anthony Davis to raise their games a notch this year and I am hoping that Vernon stays as dominant as he was in the playoffs. Also really excited to see how Aldon and Cully improve from last year...man this waiting is killing me

Gonna be a bunch of fun and can't wait!
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
Improvements I am hoping for/seeing--

OLine: The team desperately needs an improvement at RG and that is not a given just becuase the incumbents are gone. But with an entire/normal off-season to work on it I believe it will be better and that the blitzers will not have clear shots at the QB. If Staley can be healthy again, no back problems, this line may become elite.

RB: Improvement will also come from the RB department as Gore is evidently willing to relinquish some carries and they have two new weapons who seem to be game and tempo changers.

WR: Hope that Moss is back and that his year away gives him some added fire. When he is playing his best he is a dominant player, the last SF receiver to be so was TO...so many years ago. Manningham is the new Morgan but Smith had a great rapport with Morgan...hope Manningham can do the same. Williams is working harder...but is he working smarter? Is he working on fundamentals--like carrying the ball securely? If not he needs to go.

Defense: No major changes but Aldon will likely play more and the combination of Smith and Smith is just fantastic! Perhaps the best combo the 9ers have ever had on a side and that includes some great players from the sixties and seventies, let alone the eighties. The only other factor I can foresee is a much better group of back ups. There are players fighting for a position who would have been safe last year.
The Twitter feed for the 49ers is pretty funny right now. Evidently they're all at a Mini-Camp eve dinner and Harbaugh just did karaoke.
Share 49ersWebzone