LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 254 users in the forums

OTA thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by 5280High:
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:
He's not better than Crabtree, Moss, Manningham. Hell Ted Ginn had 1 less catch than KW. He's no more than a 5th WR at best and with his return abilities he has less value than Ginn

They are similar but KW was more clutch (during the regular season, the irony )... Ginn: 0TD, 11 Fd's, KW: 3TD, 14Fd's. Ginn isnt a receiver anyways, lets get real here he wont see the field on offense unless its a hand off to him. And the jury is still out on Moss and Manningham until they back it up. Moss has to stay motivated, and Manningham needs to learn how to run the correct routes. If they play up to their potential then yes I agree... but outside of a couple amazing throws from Eli, one receiver was on 3 teams before being out all last year, and the other was benched because he didnt know the playbook after 4 years and if it wasnt a streak he was never where he was supposed to be.

The reality of the situation is that we have Crabtree, and then a bunch of question marks. Will Moss revert to his 2009 form or 2010? Will Manningham know the playbook and get on the field, or will his mistakes cause interceptions like it did in NY? Will KW step it up and atone for his mistakes? Can AJ contribute early? Will Ginn even see the field as a receiver with the new additions? No one knows until the pads come on. Until then we cant just assume that because they are in a niner uniform they will be great.... that only works for the defense

Williams also turned the ball over a couple more times as a WR as well.

The appeal with Kyle W is he is a nice away-from-body-snatcher.

.. but still... current WRs as is? He will have to continue to impress to have any chance. Like him as a 3rd or 4th WR... don't likey as P/K returner. I'm not as bitter as some are about the NFCCG, but if he doesn't make the 53, I won't lose a bit of sleep over it.
Originally posted by oldman9er:

.. but still... current WRs as is? He will have to continue to impress to have any chance. Like him as a 3rd or 4th WR... don't likey as P/K returner. I'm not as bitter as some are about the NFCCG, but if he doesn't make the 53, I won't lose a bit of sleep over it.

This is the viewpoint I was trying to convey, he still has allot of benefit to this team in terms of keeping guys like Swain and Hastings from ever seeing the field again. But the hate on this kid is just getting old and distorting views of reality... not to single out sincal but I didnt remember him turning over the ball as a receiver before the playoffs and according to every stat site I can find, he didnt have a fumble until the NFCC. It's all about this season now, and how great is it that there will actually be legit competition at the receiver position for the first time in years.
I think Kyle will be in a fight for his life if they keep five WRs and even if they keep six. Owusu knows Harbaugh offense so KW may not have the edge in experience within the system. At any rate, it is so nice to have legitimate competition at WR instead of the pretend kind we've had for years. If Moss can take over one starting spot the whole group jumps up a bunch!
Kyle Williams is going to make the team. He looked like he's put on some real muscle. That tells me he's determined... bent if you will, to make up for losing our trophy!
Originally posted by oldman9er:

This is the viewpoint I was trying to convey, he still has allot of benefit to this team in terms of keeping guys like Swain and Hastings from ever seeing the field again. But the hate on this kid is just getting old and distorting views of reality... not to single out sincal but I didnt remember him turning over the ball as a receiver before the playoffs and according to every stat site I can find, he didnt have a fumble until the NFCC. It's all about this season now, and how great is it that there will actually be legit competition at the receiver position for the first time in years.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/sfo/2011.htm

His benefit comes in the form of keeping Swain and Hastings off the field? It's not distorting views of reality. People try to make this kid out to be something more than he is. He's a classic choke artist who has done nothing but choke in the biggest games of his career. He's a 5th WR at best and will be competing with Owusu just to make the squad if we keep 6. Ginn is an automatic due to his return abilities, something Williams severely lacks. Crabs, Moss, Manningham, Jenkins are the main 4 heading into the season. That is reality
http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/sfo/2011.htm

His benefit comes in the form of keeping Swain and Hastings off the field? It's not distorting views of reality. People try to make this kid out to be something more than he is. He's a classic choke artist who has done nothing but choke in the biggest games of his career. He's a 5th WR at best and will be competing with Owusu just to make the squad if we keep 6. Ginn is an automatic due to his return abilities, something Williams severely lacks. Crabs, Moss, Manningham, Jenkins are the main 4 heading into the season. That is reality

He has only choked as a PR, as a WR he came up big against Dallas, he helped stabilize the receiving corps mid season, and then he came up big with the block that sprung Alex's big Saints run. And that site just reinforces that he had two fumbles in one game, none prior to that, so when did he choke as a WR again? His benefit is in the form of an actual threat at receiver if anyone gets injured and not just a place holder to wait for someone to get un-injured.

Ginn is not automatic, especially with the additions of Cox (if he makes the team), LMJ, Hunter is apparently practicing PR's, and if Napalm proves to be a good receiver he could even take Ginn's roster spot. That's 4 returners not named KW who will all have a shot at Ginn's job. Owusu is a pipe dream, he will be on the practice squad for insurance since he is familiar with the system but I'll be surprised if he ever sees real playing time in a niner uniform not due to other injuries. Jenkins is still a rookie, and may not pick up the playbook enough to be effective until mid season. That leaves KW at #4 providing Moss & MM live up to the hype and there are no injuries. He's making the team, bury last year and lets move on...
He has only choked as a PR, as a WR he came up big against Dallas, he helped stabilize the receiving corps mid season, and then he came up big with the block that sprung Alex's big Saints run. And that site just reinforces that he had two fumbles in one game, none prior to that, so when did he choke as a WR again? His benefit is in the form of an actual threat at receiver if anyone gets injured and not just a place holder to wait for someone to get un-injured.

Ginn is not automatic, especially with the additions of Cox (if he makes the team), LMJ, Hunter is apparently practicing PR's, and if Napalm proves to be a good receiver he could even take Ginn's roster spot. That's 4 returners not named KW who will all have a shot at Ginn's job. Owusu is a pipe dream, he will be on the practice squad for insurance since he is familiar with the system but I'll be surprised if he ever sees real playing time in a niner uniform not due to other injuries. Jenkins is still a rookie, and may not pick up the playbook enough to be effective until mid season. That leaves KW at #4 providing Moss & MM live up to the hype and there are no injuries. He's making the team, bury last year and lets move on...

LOL at Owusu being a pipe dream but Palmer isn't. Ginn has infinitely better chance of making the team over cox who won't see any snaps on D. James also hasn't proved to be sure handed returning kicks either. Get over KW being a solid contributor to this team.His 20 catches hardly prove him to be effective

Ginn is automatic.

He's a top 5 return man. If he's healthy, he makes the team.
Originally posted by cwilson830:

Ginn is automatic.

He's a top 5 return man. If he's healthy, he makes the team.

LOL at Owusu being a pipe dream but Palmer isn't. Ginn has infinitely better chance of making the team over cox who won't see any snaps on D. James also hasn't proved to be sure handed returning kicks either. Get over KW being a solid contributor to this team.His 20 catches hardly prove him to be effective

Cox has talent and could be the 4th CB easily
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
Never thought that of Randy freak'n Moss. He seems so selfish and self-centered throughout his years. But seems to be true this offseason and with the Niners. Inside out, up side down.
I think his ego is at play to. He does not want the world to remember his nfl career by the way he was two years ago when he bounced around with 3 teams. I have always said diva wide outs do well on one year deals

He's always been a good locker room guy and a hard worker. Both a vocal leader and coach like figure on and off the field. Never got any recognition for it, because he's always been a bad media guy.

Also dislike the "just wait til he quits" comments. The guy has 156 career Touchdowns. I've watched every game of his since his rookie season, and it's a very rare occurrence. It happened in 2006 when the entire team quit, it wasn't just Moss.... If Randy ever has an off game, it's naturally because he's "dogging it" according to the media.
[ Edited by RandUniversity on Jun 2, 2012 at 10:00 AM ]
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
http://www.tout.com/m/imjdxc

alex to moss

I am drafting the 49ers D #1 overall in my fantasy league and picking up Alex first in the 2nd round, and passing on Janakowski for Akers in the 3rd. Taking Moss over Calvin and Fitz, and Gore over, everyone else, and getting Vernon over the rest.....

Don't be surprised when I go undefeated. ;)
The Seattle Seahawks Are Dirty, Stinking Cheaters

http://www.ninersnation.com/2012/6/5/3066372/seattle-seahawks-nfl-cba-violation-trolling Quote:

The NFL Management Council and NFL Players Association have determined that the Seattle Seahawks violated the CBA's offseason workout rules on the prohibition of live contact during one of the club's organized team activity days. As a result, the Seahawks will forfeit two of their scheduled OTA practices (June 6 and 7) as well as an additional offseason workout day on Friday, June 8. Seahawks' players are not permitted to be at the facility on those days, but will be paid for the sessions. The club cannot reschedule the cancelled days.
Share 49ersWebzone