LISTEN: Reacting to the 49ers Drafting Ricky Pearsall →

There are 291 users in the forums

OTA thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
http://blog.sfgate.com/49ers/2012/06/05/tukuafu-taking-on-a-new-role/ ;

-Harbaugh mentioned Vernon Davis as having an outstanding off-season. (uh oh... Vernon must need coddling too!)

-Harbaugh also mentioned the entire secondary as making strides, particularly Tramaine Brock, who is looking faster than he did last year. -Josh Johnson ran one of the two-minute drills and it started well with three straight completions, but the second-string OL allowed two sacks and led to four straight incompletions. -Johnson looked impressive earlier in practice firing a pass to Crabtree in the back of the end zone from the 3-yard line. -Tolzien showed good arm strength on sideline routes today. Harbaugh maintains that all four of the team's QBs are NFL worthy and is looking forward to seeing them in preseason games. -A.J. Jenkins made a twisting fingertip catch after dropping some earlier passes. Jenkins has dropped a lot of passes in these early workouts but is showing a glimpse of his potential.
Originally posted by oldman9er:
The Seattle Seahawks Are Dirty, Stinking Cheaters

http://www.ninersnation.com/2012/6/5/3066372/seattle-seahawks-nfl-cba-violation-trolling Quote:

The NFL Management Council and NFL Players Association have determined that the Seattle Seahawks violated the CBA's offseason workout rules on the prohibition of live contact during one of the club's organized team activity days. As a result, the Seahawks will forfeit two of their scheduled OTA practices (June 6 and 7) as well as an additional offseason workout day on Friday, June 8. Seahawks' players are not permitted to be at the facility on those days, but will be paid for the sessions. The club cannot reschedule the cancelled days.

Confirmed on NFL site

Pete Carroll and the Seahawks are dumbasses. There's no need to have contact in OTAs. That's not the purpose of OTAs and there will be plenty of contact practice once camp start. This is the first time I've ever heard of a team getting penalized for this ...

• cciowa
  • Veteran

-Harbaugh mentioned Vernon Davis as having an outstanding off-season. (uh oh... Vernon must need coddling too!)

-Harbaugh also mentioned the entire secondary as making strides, particularly Tramaine Brock, who is looking faster than he did last year. -Josh Johnson ran one of the two-minute drills and it started well with three straight completions, but the second-string OL allowed two sacks and led to four straight incompletions. -Johnson looked impressive earlier in practice firing a pass to Crabtree in the back of the end zone from the 3-yard line. -Tolzien showed good arm strength on sideline routes today. Harbaugh maintains that all four of the team's QBs are NFL worthy and is looking forward to seeing them in preseason games. -A.J. Jenkins made a twisting fingertip catch after dropping some earlier passes. Jenkins has dropped a lot of passes in these early workouts but is showing a glimpse of his potential.
Again reports like this should serve to temper those who want to anoint jenkins as our number one wide out. It may take the kid a while to learn the game and thats ok, we got good people in front of him so it is not tragic if he does not put up numbers this year. let him learn and do not put pressure on him.
Originally posted by cciowa:
Again reports like this should serve to temper those who want to anoint jenkins as our number one wide out. It may take the kid a while to learn the game and thats ok, we got good people in front of him so it is not tragic if he does not put up numbers this year. let him learn and do not put pressure on him.

+1 all the way...

Jenkins will serve as quality depth as he learns... and the more he improves, the more he can rotate in. He's a late 1st rounder... we shouldn't and won't feel pressured to force him on the field in yr 1 unless injuries or outstanding improvement occurs.

Bad news for Cox
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:
Bad news for Cox

not so fast...

http://www.csnbayarea.com/football-san-francisco-niners/niners-talk/Harbaugh-Embattled-Cox-a-good-addition?blockID=719908&feedID=2539&awid=9033359768024616943-766 ;

Jim Harbaugh singled out Cox as a player who has stood out on the 49ers' practice field during OTAs. "Perrish Cox is having a real good offseason," Harbaugh said Tuesday. "He's a good addition for us." "I think he'll contribute, not only in special teams, but he'll have a shot in our secondary in a spot yet to be determined," said Harbaugh, noting Cox can play the slot or outside.

looks like another fragile ego to coddle, right Jim?

No worries. This kinda confirm my theory. Guys thinking about running their routes the right way tend to drop balls more because they are 'thinking'. Kinda like Crabtree trying to learn all the routes, and early in VD's career. It just shows Jenkins is learning More mistakes are made in camp, that's how you take the mistakes and learn.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Bad news for Cox

i hope not, i want him to make the team to give us extra backups for our punt and kick returns
Originally posted by BayArea:
I am drafting the 49ers D #1 overall in my fantasy league and picking up Alex first in the 2nd round, and passing on Janakowski for Akers in the 3rd. Taking Moss over Calvin and Fitz, and Gore over, everyone else, and getting Vernon over the rest.....

Don't be surprised when I go undefeated. ;)

Your bye week is gonna be rough...
http://www.49ers.com/media-gallery/videos/Nelms-Contributing-in-All-Three-Phases/38d4b65e-872c-48dc-8c13-ce1e6318f204

at the 01:10min mark. Moss schools the rookie. I know its just OTAs but damn we gonna see a lot of that during the season.

Bad news for Cox

i hope not, i want him to make the team to give us extra backups for our punt and kick returns

I think we'll keep 5 CB's anyway. It should be just like last year, with Cox replacing Spencer.
This cracks me up for some reason . . . a sequence of photos from today's OTA

http://www.49ers.com/media-gallery/photo-gallery/Organized-Team-Activities-June-7/61003b96-2254-43b1-8dc1-dc9ae6a53561#6d2e41f8-4805-4455-8756-46ce358a5970

Don't stand around with your hands on your hips!!

Let me see you guys roll out left!

Like this!!!
[ Edited by SonocoNinerFan on Jun 8, 2012 at 7:02 AM ]
So will LMJ an the Stanford kids be able to participate in Mini-Camp next week?
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:

Is there mini camp next week? Thought this was it until training camp.
Originally posted by SportsFan:
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:

Is there mini camp next week? Thought this was it until training camp.

Mandatory Mini-Camp next week then that's it until late July
Share 49ersWebzone