LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 271 users in the forums

OTA thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by 5280High:
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:
Holding onto the ball is what makes you a good WR and he's proven to be a liability. Who the hell cares if he's from San Jose?

And as a receiver he has held onto the ball, just not as a RB or PR , people are gonna be in for a sad day when he makes the roster again. Let last year be last year, fact is he can help the team this year and thats the only point im trying to make. Fumbleitis can be cured, hell remember Gore dropping the ball whenever he got inside the 10 yard line for the first 3 years of his career? He has shown skills as a WR, if during preseason he continues to F up then yeah boot him. But as of now he's one of the better receivers on the roster.

He's not better than Crabtree, Moss, Manningham. Hell Ted Ginn had 1 less catch than KW. He's no more than a 5th WR at best and with his return abilities he has less value than Ginn
Frank Gored added a few lbs.
Originally posted by SolRebe1:

does he look like this

Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:

does he look like this

Dude gained some weight. Especially in the upper body.
Originally posted by qnnhan7:

does he look like this

I might be wrong, but I'm pretty sure thats an old picture.

good move by him

if you can't be fast might as well be as slow as possible
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran

Is it just me -- Frank gives me a chubby.

No, it's not just you.
Originally posted by Marvin49:

does he look like this

not even close. that's Gire
Originally posted by defenderDX:
Originally posted by Marvin49:

does he look like this

not even close. that's Gire
That pic is old as FK !
Originally posted by oldman9er:
In non-Alex Smith news, several 49ers were back at practice today, including Anthony Davis, Michael Crabtree and Donte Whitner.

http://blogs.sacbee.com/49ers/archives/2012/05/smith-in-lockstep-with-head-coach-on-manning-saga.html#storylink=cpy

Anyone heard anything about where Manningham's been and how he's looked so far? Per the above link and from Tuesday's news, he wasn't at the last two days of OTAs. I know they're voluntary...you would think being part of a new team and new offense he'd want to be around and get in as much practice time as possible (such as what his fellow ex-Giant teammate, Jacobs, seems to be doing now w/ the team). Maybe he's been around but just is under the radar? We need his abilities and experience at WR this year...especially if Moss doesn't pan out or if injuries hit again like last year.

Originally posted by Wodwo:

Is it just me -- Frank gives me a chubby.

No, it's not just you.

We hear the frank is chubby s**t every offseason... Does no one have a memory lol? I give up.
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:
He's not better than Crabtree, Moss, Manningham. Hell Ted Ginn had 1 less catch than KW. He's no more than a 5th WR at best and with his return abilities he has less value than Ginn

They are similar but KW was more clutch (during the regular season, the irony )... Ginn: 0TD, 11 Fd's, KW: 3TD, 14Fd's. Ginn isnt a receiver anyways, lets get real here he wont see the field on offense unless its a hand off to him. And the jury is still out on Moss and Manningham until they back it up. Moss has to stay motivated, and Manningham needs to learn how to run the correct routes. If they play up to their potential then yes I agree... but outside of a couple amazing throws from Eli, one receiver was on 3 teams before being out all last year, and the other was benched because he didnt know the playbook after 4 years and if it wasnt a streak he was never where he was supposed to be.

The reality of the situation is that we have Crabtree, and then a bunch of question marks. Will Moss revert to his 2009 form or 2010? Will Manningham know the playbook and get on the field, or will his mistakes cause interceptions like it did in NY? Will KW step it up and atone for his mistakes? Can AJ contribute early? Will Ginn even see the field as a receiver with the new additions? No one knows until the pads come on. Until then we cant just assume that because they are in a niner uniform they will be great.... that only works for the defense
[ Edited by 5280High on May 31, 2012 at 2:43 PM ]
Originally posted by Ajanke:
We hear the frank is chubby s**t every offseason... Does no one have a memory lol? I give up.

Agreed, he's always been a fatty until he plays himself into shape.
Originally posted by Ajanke:

That cat look happy and loving life with a few more pounds added....in the picture.
Share 49ersWebzone