LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 239 users in the forums

No. 5: Vernon Davis

Shop Find 49ers gear online
What, no Fleener!
Originally posted by m_brockalexander:
Don't really care about the ranking. He's a great TE who came up huge in the playoffs and now will have a lot more help. Can't wait to see how he performs this coming season......

The only one who cares about this stuff is probably Vernon.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by DynastyPart2:
What, no Fleener!

He's already in the HOF.
Originally posted by 49ersHeroine:
Vernon Davis is unarguably the most gifted Tight End to ever put on a football uniform. So John Clayton is wrong by 5 slots. Sorry Mr.Old man but Vernon Davis is #1. With excellent QB play he would have every TE record shattered!!! These are facts boys!

Your math is poor.
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
Yes probablly going of last Yeste stats quede he was Asked to Glock tve first 10 Gámez or so cause he didnt understand the playbook

"Some think in the world they know what is, but what is, is that Willis is beasts."

~BuZzB28

^^ my phone is stuck on f**king Spanish auto correct
  • Axl49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by susweel:
So true, just imagine if VD had a real stud QB he would be re-writing the record books.

And if they actually threw him the ball. When they did he reached the record. If VD had Brady or Brees he would be the best in league easily
Originally posted by Axl49:
So true, just imagine if VD had a real stud QB he would be re-writing the record books.

And if they actually threw him the ball. When they did he reached the record. If VD had Brady or Brees he would be the best in league easily

come on ya'll really. didnt he almost break the TD record with the Qb that we have at QB. Didnt he look better than our WR's in the playoffs. With the same QB we have now. I say something real and just imagine how he would of been if he had knew and understood the playbook from Day 1. or maybe some forget that he didnt really understand it fully until after midseason. But I guess it wouldnt be good old Sus, if he wasnt knocking the QB.
Member Milestone: This is post number 300 for Loco49er.
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
^^ my phone is stuck on f**king Spanish auto correct

Leave it that way...your post was hilarious!
It's not like we like to knock on our 49ers QB. But one of the main reasons VD is number 5 on the list is cause Alex is not an 'elite' QB.

• susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by Jersey9er:

come on ya'll really. didnt he almost break the TD record with the Qb that we have at QB. Didnt he look better than our WR's in the playoffs. With the same QB we have now. I say something real and just imagine how he would of been if he had knew and understood the playbook from Day 1. or maybe some forget that he didnt really understand it fully until after midseason. But I guess it wouldnt be good old Sus, if he wasnt knocking the QB.

Yah and that was subpar QB play just imagine if he had an all pro QB throwing him the ball like those other dudes do.
Originally posted by Jersey9er:

Yah and that was subpar QB play just imagine if he had an all pro QB throwing him the ball like those other dudes do.

Seriously, they have 2 of the top 10 qbs ever...EVER! Wow, how do people not understand this???? Brady will go down as top 5 ever and Bree's top 10. Alex will not even be top 100. Alex is an above average to a good qb, but come on
  • Garce
  • Veteran
VD in the playoffs better than all of them.

during the season - Gronk is better. i wouldnt take hernandez over davis

Didn't he already do that with Smith? With 4 TDs in the playoffs, he tied with Dave Casper as the two TEs who scored more than 3 TDs in a single postseason. A few years before, with Smith's help, he tied the then-record TDs in a single season by a TE. Only Singletary and (perhaps, but I doubt it) Raye's stubbornness prevented him from breaking the record against the Rams.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by fastforward:

Didn't he already do that with Smith? With 4 TDs in the playoffs, he tied with Dave Casper as the two TEs who scored more than 3 TDs in a single postseason. A few years before, with Smith's help, he tied the then-record TDs in a single season by a TE. Only Singletary and (perhaps, but I doubt it) Raye's stubbornness prevented him from breaking the record against the Rams.

He probably could have had 20 tds with Brady or Brees.
Share 49ersWebzone