LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 263 users in the forums

No. 5: Vernon Davis

Shop Find 49ers gear online
""
[ Edited by qnnhan7 on May 21, 2012 at 2:23 PM ]
He's better than all of those guys with consistent QB play and when they don't need to use him to block due to O Line breakdows. Please. Put him with Brees or Brady and imagine the #'s....
How many of those TE's had to learn a new offensive scheme without a training camp?
I think VD is #3 behind Gronk and Graham from a fantasy football perspective. Witten is solid in that regard, but his numbers seem to have declined with the emergence of Dez Bryant and Miles Austin the last couple of seasons. Hernandez is second fiddle to Gronk, so I can't see a #2 option at TE being ranked ahead of VD.

If John Clayton is ranking their value as an overall TE (blocking), I just don't see how Hernandez is even in the top 5. The same can be said about Graham and somewhat Gronk as well. VD is probably the best blocking/receiving TE in the league.

1. Vernon Davis
2. f**k the rest!
[ Edited by Howlett49 on May 21, 2012 at 2:31 PM ]
Originally posted by overthemiddle:
They are all very good TEs too many variables to figure out who is best

Probably the best answer. Also, depending on the offense you run, that can determine a lot. Davis being the best blocker out of the group is perfect for our Big Sub packages Harbaugh loves to run. Davis can kill you blocking or going deep.....deadly.....
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
I'd say he's 3 or 4. Behind Gronk, Graham, and maybe Antonio Gates if he's healthy. He's better than Witten and Hernandez though.

This is accurate.
You could make an argument for them all, but it's a little early for Hernandez.

As for Gates, he's almost done. His body won't hold up much longer. SD already drafted his replacement.
All those guys are younger than VD besides Witten, so I think it's pretty accurate.

Gates doesn't have much time left.
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
Yes probablly going of last Yeste stats quede he was Asked to Glock tve first 10 Gámez or so cause he didnt understand the playbook

Buzz?
Jason Whitten...wtf. That dude was hurt and played like s**t most of this year.

Yes probablly going of last Yeste stats quede he was Asked to Glock tve first 10 Gámez or so cause he didnt understand the playbook

How can and Hernandez and Graham be better when they can't block
[ Edited by DirtyP on May 21, 2012 at 3:08 PM ]
Originally posted by ForeverYoung8:

Somebody call 911, 49ersalldaway is having a stroke.....
I'd put him at #3 behind Gronk and Graham. Witten and Hernandez have the edge in terms of route running, but they don't have the gamebreaking ability that Vernon does.

If the Cowboys could trade Witten for VD, or if the Pats could trade Hernandez for VD, they would do it without blinking. VD is the superior player. If he had elite play from the QB position, his numbers would be monstrous.
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:

lol at the black guy
Share 49ersWebzone