There are 112 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Crabtree Tampering Charges - a quick question

I googled the heck out of this & it is driving me nuts. Why did Niners drop the tampering charges against the Jets? I know Crabtree signed but there must of been a more underling cause.

Second question is, I just recently read this post by a member of another forum:

I remember right before the hearing for the Niners-Bears tampering case, the Bears said that they asked the league if they could drop the charges…and the league(Goodell) informed them that once tampering charges are filed, they cannot be rescinded.

If the Bears could not be allowed to drop the charges, why could the 9ers be allowed too?

Sorry this just infuriates me.
Who gives a s**t
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:
Who gives a s**t

obviously Mooljie does
Originally posted by Moolji:
I googled the heck out of this & it is driving me nuts. Why did Niners drop the tampering charges against the Jets? I know Crabtree signed but there must of been a more underling cause.

Second question is, I just recently read this post by a member of another forum:

I remember right before the hearing for the Niners-Bears tampering case, the Bears said that they asked the league if they could drop the charges…and the league(Goodell) informed them that once tampering charges are filed, they cannot be rescinded.

If the Bears could not be allowed to drop the charges, why could the 9ers be allowed too?

Sorry this just infuriates me.

Not sure if that Bears thing is accurate. Would need a link to confirm...
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:
Who gives a s**t

I have a problem with Roger Goodell's bias, I see it all the time. He has the refs protect Tom Brady over Michael Vick, fines James Harrison for legal hits but not fine BJ Raji last year again the Bears. So on & so forth.
Originally posted by Moolji:
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:
Who gives a s**t

I have a problem with Roger Goodell's bias, I see it all the time. He has the refs protect Tom Brady over Michael Vick, fines James Harrison for legal hits but not fine BJ Raji last year again the Bears. So on & so forth.

FIND ME A LINK FOR THE BEARS TAMPERING THING...

...and then you may have a point.
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/11/23/niners-drop-tampering-claim/

In the comment section by NinerNation.

I googled if Bears wanted to drop the charges, but could not find anything relevant.

Regardless of the fact, why did the 49ers all of a sudden out of nowhere drop the tampering charges.
Originally posted by Moolji:
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/11/23/niners-drop-tampering-claim/

In the comment section by NinerNation.

I googled if Bears wanted to drop the charges, but could not find anything relevant.

Regardless of the fact, why did the 49ers all of a sudden out of nowhere drop the tampering charges.

First of all, why are you trusting anything a PFT commenter says? C'mon son.

And second, we'll never know why the charges got dropped. Baalke just said "we got our guy" when they signed Crabs.

Yeah it would have been nice to stick it to the Jets, but who knows what went down. Just don't put stock into info from random commenters....
Originally posted by NickSh49:
First of all, why are you trusting anything a PFT commenter says? C'mon son.

And second, we'll never know why the charges got dropped. Baalke just said "we got our guy" when they signed Crabs.

Yeah it would have been nice to stick it to the Jets, but who knows what went down. Just don't put stock into info from random commenters....

I know I know, but I am just angry about the whole fact. Basically, I was reading about Harb was recently saying Crabtree has the best hands & it reminded me of Crabtree back when the tampering thing happened & it got my blood pressure raised of how we got mistreated.
Originally posted by Moolji:
Originally posted by NickSh49:
First of all, why are you trusting anything a PFT commenter says? C'mon son.

And second, we'll never know why the charges got dropped. Baalke just said "we got our guy" when they signed Crabs.

Yeah it would have been nice to stick it to the Jets, but who knows what went down. Just don't put stock into info from random commenters....

I know I know, but I am just angry about the whole fact. Basically, I was reading about Harb was recently saying Crabtree has the best hands & it reminded me of Crabtree back when the tampering thing happened & it got my blood pressure raised of how we got mistreated.

f**k fat Rex Ryan. If anyone remembers at the time he said something to the effect "I wish would could play them this year" when commenting on the charges. Well guess what jerk off, you get your wish this year and the Niners are going to kick the s**t out of your so called Superbowl Jets.
Originally posted by SportsFan:
f**k fat Rex Ryan. If anyone remembers at the time he said something to the effect "I wish would could play them this year" when commenting on the charges. Well guess what jerk off, you get your wish this year and the Niners are going to kick the s**t out of your so called Superbowl Jets.

We beat them the year prior anyway... under the Mangenius, but yeah.

  • Garcia
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 28,993
its been awhile.
I dont' really remember.

There probably wasn't enough evidence and since he was already drafted...
Originally posted by Moolji:
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:
Who gives a s**t

I have a problem with Roger Goodell's bias, I see it all the time. He has the refs protect Tom Brady over Michael Vick, fines James Harrison for legal hits but not fine BJ Raji last year again the Bears. So on & so forth.
I think he's a pretty fair guy, Harrison is a repeat offender and ALWAYS hits people hard as F*c^ in the head, if he would just bust up someones knee and end their career, I bet he would not get fined.
Originally posted by Moolji:
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:
Who gives a s**t

I have a problem with Roger Goodell's bias, I see it all the time. He has the refs protect Tom Brady over Michael Vick, fines James Harrison for legal hits but not fine BJ Raji last year again the Bears. So on & so forth.
i have no problem wih protecting a statue like brady(or any statue) but you can't protect ronmexico, rapistberger, superman, RGIII, ect because as a defender you can NOT let up against them.