Having said that, he shouldn't be in the big game because as they always say, "Great players aren't always great, they're only great when they have to be!" like Joe Cool
There are 627 users in the forums
Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by susweel:
Originally posted by Willisfn4life:
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:You mean like when Ginn stared into space in that Cardinals game wide open down the field for what would have been a touchdown or how about that dropped first down catch against the Ravens late in the game that we sorely needed. If Ginn was anything special besides a return guy then he would have made his niche in the NFL by now as something more.
So you want me to take away the biggest game of his life? Or better yet the biggest game that this franchise has played in since 1997? Ted Ginn has a better value to this team than Kyle Williams
Ginn didnt cost the super bowl Kyle Williams did. He will forever be known as the man that cost us the sixth ring, right along with Roger Craig but at least Craig was a good player prior to that. Williams is nothing but a bench warmer.
Originally posted by Jakemall:
Originally posted by susweel:
Originally posted by Willisfn4life:
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:You mean like when Ginn stared into space in that Cardinals game wide open down the field for what would have been a touchdown or how about that dropped first down catch against the Ravens late in the game that we sorely needed. If Ginn was anything special besides a return guy then he would have made his niche in the NFL by now as something more.
So you want me to take away the biggest game of his life? Or better yet the biggest game that this franchise has played in since 1997? Ted Ginn has a better value to this team than Kyle Williams
Ginn didnt cost the super bowl Kyle Williams did. He will forever be known as the man that cost us the sixth ring, right along with Roger Craig but at least Craig was a good player prior to that. Williams is nothing but a bench warmer.
Ginn is not as good of a WR as Kyle...and it's not close. Kyle is not as good of a KR/PR as Ginn and it's not close.
I think Ginn has a better chance of making the team. But if Kyle makes it, good for him. I just want the best WRs on the team.
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:
Looks to me like Ginn is more reliable
http://blogs.sacbee.com/49ers/archives/2012/05/the-49ers-most-reliable-targets-from-2011.html#storylink=cpy
Originally posted by oldman9er:
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:
Looks to me like Ginn is more reliable
http://blogs.sacbee.com/49ers/archives/2012/05/the-49ers-most-reliable-targets-from-2011.html#storylink=cpy
Aside from that dreadful "drop" where the ball bounced off Ginn's facemask for an INT, I was reasonably pleased with Ginn's catching on underneath routes. It was the deeper ones where his speed was rather useless... other than possibly clearing out for the others. I liked Kyle's ability to pluck the ball at times though. I thought and still think he can improve and be a good # 3, but if he doesn't make the 53, I wouldn't be all that upset.
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:
Originally posted by oldman9er:
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:
Looks to me like Ginn is more reliable
http://blogs.sacbee.com/49ers/archives/2012/05/the-49ers-most-reliable-targets-from-2011.html#storylink=cpy
Aside from that dreadful "drop" where the ball bounced off Ginn's facemask for an INT, I was reasonably pleased with Ginn's catching on underneath routes. It was the deeper ones where his speed was rather useless... other than possibly clearing out for the others. I liked Kyle's ability to pluck the ball at times though. I thought and still think he can improve and be a good # 3, but if he doesn't make the 53, I wouldn't be all that upset.
he's making the 53 on return abilities alone. The guy is sure-handed unlike #10 who catches punts with his knees
Originally posted by oldman9er:
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:
Originally posted by oldman9er:
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:
Looks to me like Ginn is more reliable
http://blogs.sacbee.com/49ers/archives/2012/05/the-49ers-most-reliable-targets-from-2011.html#storylink=cpy
Aside from that dreadful "drop" where the ball bounced off Ginn's facemask for an INT, I was reasonably pleased with Ginn's catching on underneath routes. It was the deeper ones where his speed was rather useless... other than possibly clearing out for the others. I liked Kyle's ability to pluck the ball at times though. I thought and still think he can improve and be a good # 3, but if he doesn't make the 53, I wouldn't be all that upset.
he's making the 53 on return abilities alone. The guy is sure-handed unlike #10 who catches punts with his knees
Looks like you thought I was talking about Ginn regarding the now underlined. I wasn't.. was talking about Kyle there.
sorry
Originally posted by simplyfloyd:
could we use another word besides bounce? how bout, recover? or get a handle on his role? or something positive...the word "bounce" just kind of scares me...
Originally posted by pasodoc9er:
Long after the game, watching that unbearable PR play, I , like a lot of others,, felt sorry for the kid(see the news headlines above). Kyle obviously feels terrible, and you know he is thinking , "How can i make it up to these guys?" Actually I think he will. One other thing and that is , our rookie coach learned a lesson about NFC football in the rain and slop. You didn't see Coughlin having his PR guys returning any punts if they were down near the end of their field. If they didn't go into the End Zone (and not many did) he just had his PR guys field the ball. Nothing more, nothing less. I noted that and wondered at the time, but it is now obvious, he had his PR guys fielding punts but not trying any runbacks. Sure seemed stupid at the time, but we all got the point afterwards. Obviously, Coach Harbaugh learned a valuable lesson there. And I bet it applies to Ginn in similar situations this yr, if in the playoffs and the slop. Trying to field a windblown sloppy mudball in the wind and rain at Candlestick, is like trying to catch a greased pig. Don't look for any more PR in playoffs down near our end of the field if it is sloppy. Period.
Bottom line? there was more than one person guilty here, and he and kyle both learned their lessons. Let's all move on.