There are 40 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Aldon Smith will get 18 QB Sacks or More ?

Aldon Smith will get 18 QB Sacks or More ?

with more snaps and a full season under his belt , Aldon has a chance to be the NFL's sack leader or be in the top 3

Anyone agree ?
he will get a sack on every play, even on FG and Punts situations
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
he will get a sack on every play, even on FG and Punts situations

Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
he will get a sack on every play, even on FG and Punts situations

My bold prediction of the year is he beats Strahan's sack record. Either way, the Niners will be putting tons of pressure on the QB
No way! Even if Fangio moves him around like a Matthews, he'll be most likely playing every down like Brooks last year. He "may" get double-digit sacks but I highly doubt it d/t the mere fact he'll have to 1) Assess the play 2) Stop the run first (and screens) en route to QB pressures 3) Drop back in zone and 4) Deal with fatigue and OL's now having game tape on him.

If he AND Brooks are close to double-digit sacks (plus all the QB hits/pressures/TO's that come with it), while still stuffing the run (sealing the edge and many TFL's) and doing a solid job dropping back in zone for inside or underneath coverage, it would be a TREMENDOUS year for our defense.

While I expect Aldon to be around 10 sacks (lower than last year) I expect his overall game will increase dramatically...becoming a well-rounded WILL and one of the best in the game eventually.
[ Edited by NCommand on May 18, 2012 at 10:07 AM ]
Less sacks but more interceptions. 1 INT in the SB.
25 sacks for Aldon Smith
I think he might get less than 14 sacks because teams will game plan him.
Originally posted by NCommand:
No way! Even if Fangio moves him around like a Matthews, he'll be most likely playing every down like Brooks last year. He "may" get double-digit sacks but I highly doubt it d/t the mere fact he'll have to 1) Assess the play 2) Stop the run first (and screens) en route to QB pressures 3) Drop back in zone and 4) Deal with fatigue and OL's now having game tape on him.

If he AND Brooks are close to double-digit sacks (plus all the QB hits/pressures/TO's that come with it), while still stuffing the run (sealing the edge and many TFL's) and doing a solid job dropping back in zone for inside or underneath coverage, it would be a TREMENDOUS year for our defense.

While I expect Aldon to be around 10 sacks (lower than last year) I expect his overall game will increase dramatically...becoming a well-rounded WILL and one of the best in the game eventually.

Demarcus Ware is an OLB in a 34 and all he does it rush the passer and he collects huge sack totals every year. Aldon Smith got every single one of his sacks on obvious passing downs where he did not have to diagnose much of anything. He will still be in on such downs next year. There is absolutely no reason to think he can't improve his sack total from last year. He will simply have more opportunities to rush the passer next year. On the additional downs he will be playing, of course he will have additional responsibilities, but that shouldn't subtract from his pass rushing production last year when he was playing less than half of the snaps he is playing now. I don't buy the fatigue excuse either. This player is a 23 year old freak and he trains with Justin Smith year round. I fully expect him to have the same type of endurance as Smith and McDonald.
[ Edited by DirtyP on May 18, 2012 at 10:30 AM ]
Originally posted by susweel:
I think he might get less than 14 sacks because teams will game plan him.

you cant gameplan vs everyone. This team has 6 legit pass rushers and Aldon is best out of them and will be on the same side as the one guy you must gameplan against.
Originally posted by susweel:
I think he might get less than 14 sacks because teams will game plan him.

I would love to see this, that would mean that Justin Smith should get into the double digits in sacks! I would LOVE to see J. Smith get 15 sacks and get the defensive MVP of the year!
Originally posted by cashmahne:
Originally posted by susweel:
I think he might get less than 14 sacks because teams will game plan him.

you cant gameplan vs everyone. This team has 6 legit pass rushers and Aldon is best out of them and will be on the same side as the one guy you must gameplan against.

Im just saying he's not gonna catch anybody by surprise anymore. Of course the number of sacks can increase if our offense is able to build some leads so that put other teams into passing situations.
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
he will get a sack on every play, even on FG and Punts situations

Not impressed.....

Wake me when he gets a sack when our offense is on the field....


Also, I think J.Smith is a huge factor in Aldon's sack totals next year. We need another banner year from Justin.
[ Edited by Oakland-Niner on May 18, 2012 at 11:10 AM ]
with guys like JSmith, RayMac, Brooks, Bowman, etc on the field, you really cant gameplan against 1 guy. So sure, they can try to take Aldon out, but u really gonna leave Justin singled up? or RayMac? IMO those two guys hit harder and have more veteran savvy.

You could tell Aldon was more concentrated on wrapping up and ensuring he got the sack. Give Justin/Ray the same opportunity and its a sack/fumble. Aldon can and will get better, but if JSmith's sack numbers go up, so will QB injuries, that guy is a scary hard hitter.