There are 135 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Biggest Threat in 2012: Packers not Giants

Don't agree. Packers still have major weaknesses along their OL line. Their run game doesn't scare anyone. I'm also not sold on their defense. Nick Perry in my opinion is just not that good. Their secondary is still overrated and their best CB is another year older after a down year last year. Giants is the better team not counting their injuries

Don't overlook the eagles imo.

Sidenote, I don't fear any team in the AFC including the Patriots. They only beat one team with a winning record all year and that was Baltimore who should've won if Lee Evans could hold onto that pass or go to OT if their kicker would've made that CHIPSHOT field goal.
[ Edited by kronik on May 28, 2012 at 3:17 PM ]
Originally posted by Psinex:
For those who don't think the Packers are a serious threat, who do you think our biggest obstacle will be this year on the road to the Superbowl?
I just think that Aaron Rodgers is going to play with an even larger chip on his shoulder this year than he did last year because now they have a lot more to prove.

One man can't win it all in the NFL
pretty sure neither of them will be much of a challenge with our offense opening up this year and our defense still being legendary. SF takes it all this year
we will crush them both.
Originally posted by kronik:
Don't agree. Packers still have major weaknesses along their OL line. Their run game doesn't scare anyone. I'm also not sold on their defense. Nick Perry in my opinion is just not that good. Their secondary is still overrated and their best CB is another year older after a down year last year. Giants is the better team not counting their injuries

Sidenote, I don't fear any team in the AFC including the Patriots. They only beat one team with a winning record all year and that was Baltimore who should've won if Lee Evans could hold onto that pass or go to OT if their kicker would've made that CHIPSHOT field goal.

texans one of the best teams in nfl next year imo
One man can't win it all in the NFL

packers have one of the deepest WR corps ive seen in a while (that with giants last year)

and they have a decent D exculding their secondary there was one guy who was amazing in 2010 who didnt step up like they thought they would if he does step up they have a decent D to go withe their dynamic O
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:

As long as they stay healthy
For some reason.. have this feeling:

1. Giants - like it or not, they added or maintained strength in many areas.

2. 49ers - No explanation needed.

3. Bears - Added the depth and weapons needed that they lacked last year. They were 7-3 before Cutler was hurt.

4. Falcons - Saints for some reason, I feel will falter.

5. Packers - I think their safeties will still be problematic.

6. Eagles - Improved defense should get them in.
The Giants doesn't scare me in anyway. The Niners should have owned them twice last year. The receiver core was decimated going into the NFCCG. Their defense played better going into the playoff but the offense isn't all that. The win against the Pack in Lambeau was impressive but the Packers played uninspired football with a very average defense that made Eli looked better than he should. So did the Pat's defense. I expect us to own the Giants from now on. Our defense held them to about 20pts in both game. And that's being generous since a couple of those points came from Kyle Williams to made up 20pts in the last game. I think we played better defensively against the Giants in the second game.

The Packers I'm not so sure. Will be a great GPS game right off the gate.
[ Edited by qnnhan7 on May 29, 2012 at 9:49 PM ]
I think that the 49ers are their biggest enemy. If we don't make the costly mistakes, then we should win the championship. (barring injuries, etc...)
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
For some reason.. have this feeling:

1. Giants - like it or not, they added or maintained strength in many areas.

2. 49ers - No explanation needed.

3. Bears - Added the depth and weapons needed that they lacked last year. They were 7-3 before Cutler was hurt.

4. Falcons - Saints for some reason, I feel will falter.

5. Packers - I think their safeties will still be problematic.

6. Eagles - Improved defense should get them in.

AGreed

U might be right
i agree with psinex. GB has added two studs to their front 7 in the draft and it should make a big difference for them and their offense will continue to be very dominate.

we should of beaten the giants and i feel that they will not get any better than last year but GB still is packed with talent, a good FO, great coaching staff, and most importantly they have Aaron ROdgers.

49ers will beat any 2 of them tho but im not afraid of the giants that much
I agree with most the Giants had a charmed year. They were 7-7 at one point. A hot QB and a pass rush along with an opposing player that can't hold onto to the ball and you get into a Championship game. Against a NE team that beat one winning team the entire year and needed a dropped pass to accomplish that. A weird year to say the least. The Pack were a wild card the year before and follow the Arena Football recipe of pass, pass, pass. If I had to pick one team in the NFL not to have on my schedule it would be the 49ers.
f**k the NFC damnit. Loaded with good teams and up and coming teams with something to prove. Look at the AFC f**king loaded with scrubs. Any road to the superbowl on the NFC side is going to be hard as hell. I think that is the true reason Peyton isn't playing here.