There are 94 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Bold Predictions - 1.0

15-1 or 16-0(maybe not but but I have faith)
Aldon threatens Derrick Thomas single game sack record, but ends up with 6 on his way to a 20 sack season.

Our run defense falls off a little bit, but our pass defense improves substantially.

After a decreased role in the regular season, a fresh and healthy Frank Gore runs wild in the Super Bowl and is named MVP.
Record: 11-5

Total Offense: ~ 375 yd/game (top 15 offense)
Total Defense: ~ 300 yd/game (top 5 defense)

Our offensive prowess improves, but we sustain more injuries than last year and our defense suffers a little.

Passing: Alex Smith ~ 63% Comp. 3800 yds (231 yd/game) 24 TDs 12 INT 300 yd rushing 2 TDs

Rushing: Gore ~ 700 yds 2 TDs
- Hunter ~ 500 yds 2 TDs
- James ~ 350 yds 4 TDs
- Smith ~ 300 yds 2 TDs
- Jacobs ~ 200 yds 5 TDs
- Ginn ~100 yds
- others ~100 yds
Total ~ 2250 yds 15 TDs (Top 10 in the league)

Receiving: Crabtree ~ 1000 yds 5 TDs
- Davis ~ 850 yds 9 TDs
- Moss ~ 650 yds 6 TDs
- Manningham ~ 350 yds 1 TD
- James ~ 350 yds 1 TD
- Jenkins ~ 350 yds 2 TD
- Walker ~ 150 yds
- Others ~ 100 yds
Total: ~ 3800 yds 24 TDs (Top 15 in the league)

Sacks: A.Smith ~ 12
- A.Brooks ~ 8
- J.Smith ~ 7
- R. MacDonald ~ 5
- P. Willis ~ 5
- others ~ 10
Total: 47 (Top 5)

INTs: Goldson ~ 5
- Brown ~ 4
- Willis ~ 4
- Rogers ~ 3
- Culliver ~ 3
- others ~ 3
Total: 22 (Top 5)
Kaepernik wins competition at QB, Alex Smith wins competition at RG. Harbaugh wears a suit to work
LaMichael James wins the rushing title.
  • Garcia
  • Veteran
Originally posted by RollinWith21n52:
Kaepernik wins competition at QB, Alex Smith wins competition at RG. Harbaugh wears a suit to work

Originally posted by HearstFan:
Joe Staley traded..............

Here is my LONGSHOT, but to me possible, OL evolution -- and the logic:
1 Boone showed the staff last year that he is too good to keep off the field.
2 IMHO Anthony Davis is maturing and is athleticly capable of playing LT
3 Personally, despite his probowl vote last year, I'm not sold Joe Staley is a top LT
4 Kilgore or Looney easily prove RG capable

Bold prediction (I know, its crazy) -- LT Joe Staley traded before opening day to a team with a LT injury because his contract is friendly and he is at the height of his value with last year's probowl. ADavis moved to LT, and Boone starts at RT, Kilgore or Looney at RG.

Teams do not trade players they give big contacts to. Joe is signed through 2017.

What in the hell do you trade him for anyway???
Crabs has 1200 yards and 10 tds.

Gore breaks the 1600 yard mark again

Aldon now a full time starter breaks the sack record
  • mike
  • Veteran
Overly Optimistic: Alex turns into Brees with all these weapons around him and with time to work on the fundamentals this offseason, a serious SB contender again.

Overly Pessimistic: He gets hurt at some point and kaepernick/JJ can't pick up the load, we tank.
Ginn and Moss both make the team.
Originally posted by 9ersLiferInChicago:
Ok, now the draft is long over and we got a peek at the rookies I have a few predictions:

- We won't need to keep three QB's
- We will carry 6 WR's that won't include Ginn and/or Moss
- All 2012 49er draftees will make the final 53
- Cam Johnson will be groomed to be Justin Smiths heir apparent, barring injury

The later is my boldest thus far. He will be a project but this kid, with his abilities, has perhaps the highest ceiling of all our picks. Justin can play at least another 2 full seasons at a high level, so that gives our coaching staff time to develop him. Also, he has 3-4 DE measurables - 6'3", 268, with room to gain about 7 or 8 pounds. I don't see us keeping more than 7 D-lineman on the gameday roster so this puts Dobbs and Tukuafu in completion with Cam. One l thing's for sure is that this 49er camp and pre-season will be the most competitive in years. It's been a long time since I've seen this much talent up and down the roster. Hats off to Baalke and JH. There won't be many changes in the starting line-up. But I think there's gonna be major changes in the sub-starter depth chart.

Predictions?

I must say, they are bold indeed, but ridiculous at the same time. Ginn I can see not making the team. However, Moss by all accounts hasn't lost his form. Him merely being on the field in the begining of the season will force teams to game plan for him. He may not get a lot of catches, but when we are in the opps half of the field and in the red zone all we want is to just catch TDs. Send him against the opps smallest BC and let go get the ball, if he is double covered vernon will be freed up. If Vernon doubled up then there will be a lot of open space for Hunter and James to wrech havoc, thus 3rd down conversions will go up.

Not keeping 3 QBs in this day and age is plan dumb, look at last year and some of the playoff teams that didn't have someone capable. They didn't make the playoffs.

Cam will make the squad but will be inactive I think. He is not going to be JS's replacement until he bulks up. He will be groomed to be a OLB, if he bulks up he may convert. Remember he originally was a OLB then converted to DE in his last years, I think we will be like porter a massive LB used to rush the passer and contain the run and not asked to cover people.
Originally posted by NickSh49:
Originally posted by HearstFan:
Joe Staley traded..............

Here is my LONGSHOT, but to me possible, OL evolution -- and the logic:
1 Boone showed the staff last year that he is too good to keep off the field.
2 IMHO Anthony Davis is maturing and is athleticly capable of playing LT
3 Personally, despite his probowl vote last year, I'm not sold Joe Staley is a top LT
4 Kilgore or Looney easily prove RG capable

Bold prediction (I know, its crazy) -- LT Joe Staley traded before opening day to a team with a LT injury because his contract is friendly and he is at the height of his value with last year's probowl. ADavis moved to LT, and Boone starts at RT, Kilgore or Looney at RG.

Teams do not trade players they give big contacts to. Joe is signed through 2017.

What in the hell do you trade him for anyway???

More importantly why is everyone always so enamored with trading a player for a pick. Who the hell is going to be the b/u tackle should Davis or Boone go down. Pearson? Slowley? They haven't proved anything but make the roster-doesn't mean they are NFL ready.
Okay nothing bold, but Aldon will get 20 sacks, cause teams will play catch up and pass more so he will get more chances to rush the passer.

Alex will start off 4-2, but get injured and be replaced, the replacement will do just as good or better than Alex and keep the job after going 8-2.

Moss will get 10 TDs
Vernon will get 12 TDs
Crabs will get 7 TDs

We will get 2600 total yards in rushing. Gore - 1200 Hunter - 475 James 575 with the remaining to others.

Jacobs won't make the team.

We will keep Moss, Crabs, Williams, AJ, Mannaingham and Owusu, if six wr are kept, if five the last two will battle it out.

Davis is kick inside and Boone is now the starting tackle.
Okay nothing bold, but Aldon will get 20 sacks, cause teams will play catch up and pass more so he will get more chances to rush the passer.

Alex will start off 4-2, but get injured and be replaced, the replacement will do just as good or better than Alex and keep the job after going 8-2.

Moss will get 10 TDs
Vernon will get 12 TDs
Crabs will get 7 TDs

We will get 2600 total yards in rushing. Gore - 1200 Hunter - 475 James 575 with the remaining to others.

Jacobs won't make the team.

We will keep Moss, Crabs, Williams, AJ, Mannaingham and Owusu, if six wr are kept, if five the last two will battle it out.

Davis is kick inside and Boone is now the starting tackle.
  • Garcia
  • Veteran
I hate reading this thread because the amount of peyote you fools are smoking is beyond belief.