LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 173 users in the forums

Bold Predictions - 1.0

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by HearstFan:
Joe Staley traded..............

Here is my LONGSHOT, but to me possible, OL evolution -- and the logic:
1 Boone showed the staff last year that he is too good to keep off the field.
2 IMHO Anthony Davis is maturing and is athleticly capable of playing LT
3 Personally, despite his probowl vote last year, I'm not sold Joe Staley is a top LT
4 Kilgore or Looney easily prove RG capable

Bold prediction (I know, its crazy) -- LT Joe Staley traded before opening day to a team with a LT injury because his contract is friendly and he is at the height of his value with last year's probowl. ADavis moved to LT, and Boone starts at RT, Kilgore or Looney at RG.
It's a longshot but the team is stacked and some kind of move will probably happen. IMO Boone won't be kept off the field.

3 Personally, despite his probowl vote last year, I'm not sold Joe Staley is a top LT

Bold prediction (I know, its crazy) -- LT Joe Staley traded before opening day to a team with a LT injury because his contract is friendly and he is at the height of his value with last year's probowl. ADavis moved to LT, and Boone starts at RT, Kilgore or Looney at RG.

Love it!!!
Originally posted by NCommand:

Love it!!!

Could see this happening if they are really high on Person or another young guy at OT, but to give up the experience would be a huge loss. I agree though that Staley is over rated and I really don't know that his clown show is good for the team. Some guys can goof and get everyone to relax, Staley may be taking it too far. He and Iupati had some heated looks last year as Staley indicated Iupati was doing something wrong...never show up a team mate on the field, in front of the fans!
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:
Originally posted by OregonNiner87:
Alex Smith 4,000+ yards.

Dashom Goldson gets exposed.

LaMichael James benched behind Hunter and Hunter gets 1000+ yards.

Even if Dashom

even of Dashim?
Sorry Mr.boy prediction but it is Fact! Moss and Ginn will be on the team. Kyle williams will not!

This is a move that re-building teams typically make, not teams trying to take the next step. We should not be dicking with o-line chemistry and depth by trading away the pro-bowler captain of the unit for the sake of a future pick.

It's bold though, I'll give you that.
[ Edited by SonocoNinerFan on May 16, 2012 at 7:02 AM ]
No way do we trade one of our starting tackles! Good God, people! You think Baalke would trade a guy who got, albeit fortuitously, to the ProBowl because another guy looked good in practice? On the off chance that another couple of guys might provide the depth? And for what? We already have 11-13 picks next draft!

As for going into the season with 2 qb's, when was the last time any team did this? Can't see it.

You make bold changes and trade your starters when things are going badly. 13-3 and two ST plays away from the big one, you tweak. You adjust.

And that is all.
Originally posted by Garcia:
I hate reading this thread because the amount of peyote you fools are smoking is beyond belief.
Then don't read.
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:

This is a move that re-building teams typically make, not teams trying to take the next step. We should not be dicking with o-line chemistry and depth by trading away the pro-bowler captain of the unit for the sake of a future pick.

It's bold though, I'll give you that.

If Harbaugh sees Staley as being over rated and Boone as ready to start, he may pull off a trade. His value is high right now coming off the pro bowl recognition.

Really don't know what Harbaugh thinks regarding the line...not taking a top OG in the draft, or picking up a FA OG tells me Harbaugh is happy with his young guys and doesn't see the need. Or they misjudged and missed out on the top guys they thought would fall to them at #30.

So much conjecture and so many weeks before the season starts!

Reminder: Thread is about Bold Predictions....not a reality check!
[ Edited by dtg_9er on May 16, 2012 at 7:20 AM ]
Originally posted by 9ersLiferInChicago:

Now that's bold!!

Bold... but stupid.

I don't understand how people can STILL not be sold on Staley. I've been a Staley fan since we drafted him. He is one of the best LT in the league and he is only getting better. I rarely have seen the guy get beat 1-on-1. If the left side of our OL breaks down in pass protection, it is usually because of a blown assignment (not picking up the blitz or stunts correctly). Mental errors. Physically however, he can hang with anybody in the league.

I wouldn't trade him for any less than 2 1st round picks.

Originally posted by longtime49erfan:
Ok, now the draft is long over and we got a peek at the rookies I have a few predictions:

- We won't need to keep three QB's
- We will carry 6 WR's that won't include Ginn and/or Moss
- All 2012 49er draftees will make the final 53
- Cam Johnson will be groomed to be Justin Smiths heir apparent, barring injury

The later is my boldest thus far. He will be a project but this kid, with his abilities, has perhaps the highest ceiling of all our picks. Justin can play at least another 2 full seasons at a high level, so that gives our coaching staff time to develop him. Also, he has 3-4 DE measurables - 6'3", 268, with room to gain about 7 or 8 pounds. I don't see us keeping more than 7 D-lineman on the gameday roster so this puts Dobbs and Tukuafu in completion with Cam. One l thing's for sure is that this 49er camp and pre-season will be the most competitive in years. It's been a long time since I've seen this much talent up and down the roster. Hats off to Baalke and JH. There won't be many changes in the starting line-up. But I think there's gonna be major changes in the sub-starter depth chart.

Predictions?

I think you're nuts if you believe Ginn and/or Moss will not be among the final 53. By all reports so far, Moss is in pristine form, and nobody is faster than Ginn (well, maybe James but we'll have to see). You really think Harbaiugh will keep Williams over Moss or Ginn?

Furthermore, your prediction of all draft picks making the roster is already blown by Fleming's torn ACL.

Finally, the team will absolutely keep three QBs: Smith, Johnson and Kaepernick. To suggest otherwise is ridiculous.

I think your "bold" predictions are actually pretty bad ones. I highly doubt they will come true (except perhaps Cam Johnson).

I agree. Your predictions are not realistic and highly unlikely.
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:
Patrick Willis tears ACL vs Packers

Whoa! WTF man!?
A.J. Jenkins will have 5 touchdown receptions, one will be in the playoffs and will be over 60 yards
[ Edited by 228niner on May 16, 2012 at 7:35 AM ]
Originally posted by WildBill:
Ok, now the draft is long over and we got a peek at the rookies I have a few predictions:

- We won't need to keep three QB's
- We will carry 6 WR's that won't include Ginn and/or Moss
- All 2012 49er draftees will make the final 53
- Cam Johnson will be groomed to be Justin Smiths heir apparent, barring injury

The later is my boldest thus far. He will be a project but this kid, with his abilities, has perhaps the highest ceiling of all our picks. Justin can play at least another 2 full seasons at a high level, so that gives our coaching staff time to develop him. Also, he has 3-4 DE measurables - 6'3", 268, with room to gain about 7 or 8 pounds. I don't see us keeping more than 7 D-lineman on the gameday roster so this puts Dobbs and Tukuafu in completion with Cam. One l thing's for sure is that this 49er camp and pre-season will be the most competitive in years. It's been a long time since I've seen this much talent up and down the roster. Hats off to Baalke and JH. There won't be many changes in the starting line-up. But I think there's gonna be major changes in the sub-starter depth chart.

Predictions?

I must say, they are bold indeed, but ridiculous at the same time. Ginn I can see not making the team. However, Moss by all accounts hasn't lost his form. Him merely being on the field in the begining of the season will force teams to game plan for him. He may not get a lot of catches, but when we are in the opps half of the field and in the red zone all we want is to just catch TDs. Send him against the opps smallest BC and let go get the ball, if he is double covered vernon will be freed up. If Vernon doubled up then there will be a lot of open space for Hunter and James to wrech havoc, thus 3rd down conversions will go up.

Not keeping 3 QBs in this day and age is plan dumb, look at last year and some of the playoff teams that didn't have someone capable. They didn't make the playoffs.

Cam will make the squad but will be inactive I think. He is not going to be JS's replacement until he bulks up. He will be groomed to be a OLB, if he bulks up he may convert. Remember he originally was a OLB then converted to DE in his last years, I think we will be like porter a massive LB used to rush the passer and contain the run and not asked to cover people.
Glad we agree on Ginn. But there's nothing in Moss' history that tells me he's gonna make this team. His form means little to me. He's gonna be asked to do things in this offense that he's never shown he can/will/want to do on a cosistant basis. Does he look good? Absolutely! At this point he's suppose to. He's not gonna be happy being a decoy; he's gonna want to be a major part of the offense but I'm not sure he's gonna do the things needed to be a big part. If he does, fine. But I seriously doubt it.

Cam could play DE, if he bulked up. Bulking up fo hm won't be too much of a problem given his frame. But the injury to Fleming has given me doubts he'll play anything other than OLB, but hell need to lose a few to be affective there. He's a project regardless of the position. Bottem line, at some point we are gonna have to think about the future of Justin Smith's position.

As for QB I just think with all the new talent I don't see JH using a spot on the 53 for a spot that depends on a disaster to see the field. With the looming roster battles for sub-starter, OG, and WR a 3rd QB becomes dead weight. Besides, this is a settled position.
Originally posted by 49ersHeroine:
Sorry Mr.boy prediction but it is Fact! Moss and Ginn will be on the team. Kyle williams will not!

Thats far from being a fact.
Share 49ersWebzone