LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 235 users in the forums

Bold Predictions - 1.0

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Ok, now the draft is long over and we got a peek at the rookies I have a few predictions:

- We won't need to keep three QB's
- We will carry 6 WR's that won't include Ginn and/or Moss
- All 2012 49er draftees will make the final 53
- Cam Johnson will be groomed to be Justin Smiths heir apparent, barring injury

The later is my boldest thus far. He will be a project but this kid, with his abilities, has perhaps the highest ceiling of all our picks. Justin can play at least another 2 full seasons at a high level, so that gives our coaching staff time to develop him. Also, he has 3-4 DE measurables - 6'3", 268, with room to gain about 7 or 8 pounds. I don't see us keeping more than 7 D-lineman on the gameday roster so this puts Dobbs and Tukuafu in completion with Cam. One l thing's for sure is that this 49er camp and pre-season will be the most competitive in years. It's been a long time since I've seen this much talent up and down the roster. Hats off to Baalke and JH. There won't be many changes in the starting line-up. But I think there's gonna be major changes in the sub-starter depth chart.

Predictions?
Alex Smith 4,000+ yards.

Dashom Goldson gets exposed.

LaMichael James benched behind Hunter and Hunter gets 1000+ yards.
Originally posted by OregonNiner87:
Alex Smith 4,000+ yards.

Agree with the bold. Fangio does a good job at scheming to Goldson's strengths. Alex will improve but 4,000 is a bit much.
[ Edited by 9ersLiferInChicago on May 15, 2012 at 5:42 PM ]
So you don't think Ginn and/or Moss won't make the team? Maybe I'm misinterpreting what you said.
Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:
So you don't think Ginn and/or Moss won't make the team? Maybe I'm misinterpreting what you said.
Your interpretation is correct.
Joe Staley traded..............

Here is my LONGSHOT, but to me possible, OL evolution -- and the logic:
1 Boone showed the staff last year that he is too good to keep off the field.
2 IMHO Anthony Davis is maturing and is athleticly capable of playing LT
3 Personally, despite his probowl vote last year, I'm not sold Joe Staley is a top LT
4 Kilgore or Looney easily prove RG capable

Bold prediction (I know, its crazy) -- LT Joe Staley traded before opening day to a team with a LT injury because his contract is friendly and he is at the height of his value with last year's probowl. ADavis moved to LT, and Boone starts at RT, Kilgore or Looney at RG.
Originally posted by HearstFan:
Joe Staley traded..............

Here is my LONGSHOT, but to me possible, OL evolution -- and the logic:
1 Boone showed the staff last year that he is too good to keep off the field.
2 IMHO Anthony Davis is maturing and is athleticly capable of playing LT
3 Personally, despite his probowl vote last year, I'm not sold Joe Staley is a top LT
4 Kilgore or Looney easily prove RG capable

Bold prediction (I know, its crazy) -- LT Joe Staley traded before opening day to a team with a LT injury because his contract is friendly and he is at the height of his value with last year's probowl. ADavis moved to LT, and Boone starts at RT, Kilgore or Looney at RG.
Now that's bold!!
Originally posted by OregonNiner87:
Alex Smith 4,000+ yards.

Even if Dashom
Crabtree and Vernon Davis will both have 1,000 yards receiving.
Crabtree- 1,238 yards recieving with 12 TD's

Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
Crabtree and Vernon Davis will both have 1,000 yards receiving.

This and Smith throws for 4000+ yds
somebody on Green Bay is going to get KTFO on opening day.
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:
Crabtree- 1,238 yards recieving with 12 TD's
As much as I'd like to see Crabs' ass traded ASAP I hope to see him have numbers like that - doubt it, but hope so. It would mean big things for this team.
Wasnt there another thread with the same title started a week or two ago?
Originally posted by 9ersLiferInChicago:
Ok, now the draft is long over and we got a peek at the rookies I have a few predictions:

- We won't need to keep three QB's
- We will carry 6 WR's that won't include Ginn and/or Moss
- All 2012 49er draftees will make the final 53
- Cam Johnson will be groomed to be Justin Smiths heir apparent, barring injury

The later is my boldest thus far. He will be a project but this kid, with his abilities, has perhaps the highest ceiling of all our picks. Justin can play at least another 2 full seasons at a high level, so that gives our coaching staff time to develop him. Also, he has 3-4 DE measurables - 6'3", 268, with room to gain about 7 or 8 pounds. I don't see us keeping more than 7 D-lineman on the gameday roster so this puts Dobbs and Tukuafu in completion with Cam. One l thing's for sure is that this 49er camp and pre-season will be the most competitive in years. It's been a long time since I've seen this much talent up and down the roster. Hats off to Baalke and JH. There won't be many changes in the starting line-up. But I think there's gonna be major changes in the sub-starter depth chart.

Predictions?

I think you're nuts if you believe Ginn and/or Moss will not be among the final 53. By all reports so far, Moss is in pristine form, and nobody is faster than Ginn (well, maybe James but we'll have to see). You really think Harbaiugh will keep Williams over Moss or Ginn?

Furthermore, your prediction of all draft picks making the roster is already blown by Fleming's torn ACL.

Finally, the team will absolutely keep three QBs: Smith, Johnson and Kaepernick. To suggest otherwise is ridiculous.

I think your "bold" predictions are actually pretty bad ones. I highly doubt they will come true (except perhaps Cam Johnson).
Share 49ersWebzone