There are 136 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Bold Predictions - 1.0

LaMichael James will win Offensive Rookie of the Year.

We will have a boatload of injuries on both offense and defense that will literally cripple the team and result in a losing season.
Originally posted by NinerGod:

We will have a boatload of injuries on both offense and defense that will literally cripple the team and result in a losing season.

Niners win the Superbowl and Patrick Willis gets DPOY for his best season yet.
Patrick Willis tears ACL vs Packers

Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:

I will tear your ACL
Originally posted by 9ersLiferInChicago:
Ok, now the draft is long over and we got a peek at the rookies I have a few predictions:

- Cam Johnson will be groomed to be Justin Smiths heir apparent, barring injury

The later is my boldest thus far. He will be a project but this kid, with his abilities, has perhaps the highest ceiling of all our picks. Justin can play at least another 2 full seasons at a high level, so that gives our coaching staff time to develop him. Also, he has 3-4 DE measurables - 6'3", 268, with room to gain about 7 or 8 pounds. I don't see us keeping more than 7 D-lineman on the gameday roster so this puts Dobbs and Tukuafu in completion with Cam. One l thing's for sure is that this 49er camp and pre-season will be the most competitive in years. It's been a long time since I've seen this much talent up and down the roster. Hats off to Baalke and JH. There won't be many changes in the starting line-up. But I think there's gonna be major changes in the sub-starter depth chart.
Smith and Johnson do not play the same position. Smith at 285 is small for a 3-4 DE.
A D will raise his arms & squeal for joy numerous times

Originally posted by longtime49erfan:
Originally posted by 9ersLiferInChicago:
Ok, now the draft is long over and we got a peek at the rookies I have a few predictions:

- We won't need to keep three QB's
- We will carry 6 WR's that won't include Ginn and/or Moss
- All 2012 49er draftees will make the final 53
- Cam Johnson will be groomed to be Justin Smiths heir apparent, barring injury

The later is my boldest thus far. He will be a project but this kid, with his abilities, has perhaps the highest ceiling of all our picks. Justin can play at least another 2 full seasons at a high level, so that gives our coaching staff time to develop him. Also, he has 3-4 DE measurables - 6'3", 268, with room to gain about 7 or 8 pounds. I don't see us keeping more than 7 D-lineman on the gameday roster so this puts Dobbs and Tukuafu in completion with Cam. One l thing's for sure is that this 49er camp and pre-season will be the most competitive in years. It's been a long time since I've seen this much talent up and down the roster. Hats off to Baalke and JH. There won't be many changes in the starting line-up. But I think there's gonna be major changes in the sub-starter depth chart.

Predictions?

I think you're nuts if you believe Ginn and/or Moss will not be among the final 53. By all reports so far, Moss is in pristine form, and nobody is faster than Ginn (well, maybe James but we'll have to see). You really think Harbaiugh will keep Williams over Moss or Ginn?

Furthermore, your prediction of all draft picks making the roster is already blown by Fleming's torn ACL.

Finally, the team will absolutely keep three QBs: Smith, Johnson and Kaepernick. To suggest otherwise is ridiculous.

I think your "bold" predictions are actually pretty bad ones. I highly doubt they will come true (except perhaps Cam Johnson).
1st bold: We shale see just how nuts I am. . .

2nd: If Moss looked anything other than "pristine" at this point in the season he should be released ASAP. Everyone looks good in shorts against air.

3rd: True. I made the post just before I learned of the injury.

4th: There's no need to keep three QB's. The position is settled. With extremely talented young blood that's come in, with looming camp battles at the sub-starter depth chart, OG & WR, and the strong probability of us carrying 6 WR and 4 - maybe even 5 - RB's there simply won't be room for a 3rd QB. The only question is the #2 spot. I fail to see how that can be "ridiculous".

Willis' ACL tears the Packers.
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:

Jus sayin
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:

I 2nd that
Crabtree- 1,238 yards recieving with 12 TD's

howd you decide on 1,238?
Bold prediction - Alex Smith is MVP in the Super Bowl win.