LISTEN: The 49ers Pick Is In! →

There are 303 users in the forums

Randy Moss

Shop Find 49ers gear online
waiting for him to have a break out game with us...Harbs might be cooking something up for this week and especially against the Pats
Originally posted by THEB:
Originally posted by BrianGO:
He said the right things?

Media -- "Why are you not concerned about your lack of playing time?"
Moss -- "Because it's not up to me."

He is certainly not comfortable with his "role"; but as long as we are winning it won't be a problem.

that was the exact right thing to say. stop trying to make it into something its not.

He could have said, "I understand my role on this team, and at this stage of my career I am very comfortable with that role."
Saying, "It's not up to me" is 180 degrees opposite of that. "It's not up to me" is another way of saying, "I want more playing time."

I don't care how old he is, Randy Moss didn't come back to the NFL to get in on 25% of the snaps with 2-3 catches a game. He came back to, quoting Randy, "Pick the fans up out of their seats."
  • 8to80
I'm waiting for him to get more playing time. 60% of the snaps sounds good to me. I still think he's a freakish talent even if he's lost his top speed. He's so tall and has a great vertical. We should use him like a vincent jackson.

I do like crabtree, but crabtree seems like more of a possession receiver. I equate him more to hines ward than a desean jackson.

The bright side is that we have so much depth, now, in this position. Moss, Crabtree, Manningham, Ginn, and Jenkins. I remember the rough year when our WRs were all 3rd stringers and worse.
3 TDs against the vikes then bangin the b***h who made that stupid viking video should make randy happy. straight cash homie.
seriously how can you get your helmet over that securely

Originally posted by jreff22:
seriously how can you get your helmet over that securely

you dont. thats why his brain is loose
cut him
Originally posted by jreff22:
waiting for him to have a break out game with us...Harbs might be cooking something up for this week and especially against the Pats

This.

I hoping to see at least one deep ball to Moss this Sunday, once Randy raises that hand in the air...Alex better throw it up!
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
at least once per game, when he's locked up 1 on 1, we should throw it deep to him.
Originally posted by THEB:
He said the right things?

Media -- "Why are you not concerned about your lack of playing time?"
Moss -- "Because it's not up to me."

He is certainly not comfortable with his "role"; but as long as we are winning it won't be a problem.

that was the exact right thing to say. stop trying to make it into something its not.

He could have said, "I understand my role on this team, and at this stage of my career I am very comfortable with that role."
Saying, "It's not up to me" is 180 degrees opposite of that. "It's not up to me" is another way of saying, "I want more playing time."

I don't care how old he is, Randy Moss didn't come back to the NFL to get in on 25% of the snaps with 2-3 catches a game. He came back to, quoting Randy, "Pick the fans up out of their seats."

hopefully he understands:

playing 25% of snaps >>>>> watching the game at home.

doesnt really matter

he is really getting a lot of targets in the redzone

he has 1 TD against the packers and wouldve had another TD against the lions if it werent for that PI when the CB pulled both his arms down. It is clear he is being targeted at the endzone and it wouldnt surprise me one but to see him get 10+ TD

vernon will probablly have the msot TD he is #2 target in redzone and is the biggest threat to score almost anywhere. Both his TDs came just outside the redzone again the lions. I wouldnt be surprised to see 10+ TD from him in fact i think he may get around 14 TDs this year if not more

,oss kows his role harbaugh is straightfoward with his teams that has been documented time and time againand when moss came in he had to know what his role is. He may not get the yards but he is clearly getting the TDs and im sure when its all said and done he will be happy was a niner
  • Garce
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
doesnt really matter

he is really getting a lot of targets in the redzone

he has 1 TD against the packers and wouldve had another TD against the lions if it werent for that PI when the CB pulled both his arms down. It is clear he is being targeted at the endzone and it wouldnt surprise me one but to see him get 10+ TD

vernon will probablly have the msot TD he is #2 target in redzone and is the biggest threat to score almost anywhere. Both his TDs came just outside the redzone again the lions. I wouldnt be surprised to see 10+ TD from him in fact i think he may get around 14 TDs this year if not more

,oss kows his role harbaugh is straightfoward with his teams that has been documented time and time againand when moss came in he had to know what his role is. He may not get the yards but he is clearly getting the TDs and im sure when its all said and done he will be happy was a niner

I think they idea is to limit his snaps and keep him fresh for the stretch run and playoffs....
on vernons last TD vs the lions Moss was WIDE OPEN in the end zone. Alex never even looked his way.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
I doubt he lasts the whole year with us.
Originally posted by 99problems:
on vernons last TD vs the lions Moss was WIDE OPEN in the end zone. Alex never even looked his way.

i dont know how you can tell unles you bought the coaches film but from the replay it looks like the saftey is right there underneath and over him

maybe thats why VD was open but it looked liked moss was doubled

also not to mention moss was behind VD im sure he looked his wway

are you sure youre thinking of the right play?
[ Edited by 49ersalldaway126 on Sep 20, 2012 at 12:07 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone