LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 246 users in the forums

Randy Moss

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
Originally posted by 99problems:
on vernons last TD vs the lions Moss was WIDE OPEN in the end zone. Alex never even looked his way.

i dont know how you can tell unles you bought the coaches film but from the replay it looks like the saftey is right there underneath and over him

maybe thats why VD was open but it looked liked moss was doubled

also not to mention moss was behind VD im sure he looked his wway

are you sure youre thinking of the right play?

I was at the game and saw the play happen right in front of me, and yes Moss was wide open. IIRC, the safety bit on the play action and Moss beat his guy. However, Smith rolled out the other way and just so happens Vernon was wide open.
Originally posted by verb1der:
on vernons last TD vs the lions Moss was WIDE OPEN in the end zone. Alex never even looked his way.

i dont know how you can tell unles you bought the coaches film but from the replay it looks like the saftey is right there underneath and over him

I was at the game and saw the play happen right in front of me, and yes Moss was wide open. IIRC, the safety bit on the play action and Moss beat his guy. However, Smith rolled out the other way and just so happens Vernon was wide open.

actually from where i was sitting i would say it was a better angle than the coaches tape.
safety was in the box NO DEEP HELP AT ALL moss ran a deep post had 2 steps and inside angle (direction alex rolled)
he just took the easier throw and thanks to vernons moves and the lions lack of he got into the EZ
i personally think the TD to moss might have been the easier play but vernons was safer play. so thats what he made.

actually from where i was sitting i would say it was a better angle than the coaches tape.
safety was in the box NO DEEP HELP AT ALL moss ran a deep post had 2 steps and inside angle (direction alex rolled)
he just took the easier throw and thanks to vernons moves and the lions lack of he got into the EZ
i personally think the TD to moss might have been the easier play but vernons was safer play. so thats what he made.

Sounds bout right...once I saw Moss beat his guy, I screamed MOSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! .... not gonna complain tho, that cutback Vernon did was beast!

Sounds bout right...once I saw Moss beat his guy, I screamed MOSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! .... not gonna complain tho, that cutback Vernon did was beast!

me and my boys did the exact same thing . i called it out pre snap said " look at moss 1 on 1 with no safety help." saw it happen screamed MOSS play went to vd but hey it all ended up well
[ Edited by 99problems on Sep 20, 2012 at 1:06 PM ]

That cutback was possible for two reasons.. 1. On the snap, the SLB Durant was at the LOS and had to haul arse just to get remotely close to the play... was running so fast, he had NO chance of putting on the breaks and reversing direction. 2. The DB was also running full speed to the sideline.. over-pursued and couldn't change directions.

Didn't know Moss was wide open though... that would have been sweet to get him another TD, but all good.
Originally posted by oldman9er:

That cutback was possible for two reasons.. 1. On the snap, the SLB Durant was at the LOS and had to haul arse just to get remotely close to the play... was running so fast, he had NO chance of putting on the breaks and reversing direction. 2. The DB was also running full speed to the sideline.. over-pursued and couldn't change directions.

Didn't know Moss was wide open though... that would have been sweet to get him another TD, but all good.

Yup, those Lion defenders looking like they were ice skating, lol
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran

I only have the broadcast video, so I couldn't see the route.... Wouldn't Alex have had to throw back across his body to have hit Moss?

In any case, I'm sure Moss will get more opportunities. He's a bawse.

Well if they were both open Alex obviously can't throw it to both of them so he went with the guy he has been throwing to for years already.
Moss is due for some statement games in the near future:

Vikings - old team
Jets - beef with Revis
Giants - a team that needs discipline
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran
Originally posted by JTsBiggestFan:
Moss is due for some statement games in the near future:

Vikings - old team
Jets - beef with Revis
Giants - a team that needs discipline

Forgot Patriots.

Originally posted by Wodwo:
Forgot Patriots.

True!!

me and my boys did the exact same thing . i called it out pre snap said " look at moss 1 on 1 with no safety help." saw it happen screamed MOSS play went to vd but hey it all ended up well

this is someone elses picture

doesnt look like moss is open to me if theyre was an attempt to moss i think its picked off by either underneath over over guy depending on throw

i mean you can throw to moss for the TD but VD wwas the right choice

doesnt look like moss is open to me if theyre was an attempt to moss i think its picked off by either underneath over over guy depending on throw

VD was the right choice, he was the first option and he was open. I believe that the coaches teach Smith to take the first option if its there, and not worry about the other options.
Nice... thanks. Couldn't see the details of Moss' openness. QB would have to be arrogant and careless to take the Moss shot instead of the VD one, IMHO.
Originally posted by truekingcarlos:

VD was the right choice, he was the first option and he was open. I believe that the coaches teach Smith to take the first option if its there, and not worry about the other options.

VD was the safe choice, the safety next to Moss is already too late.

trust me I ran this play in Madden
Share 49ersWebzone