There are 166 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Randy Moss

Originally posted by jreff22:
If he puts up 1k and Crabs doesn't he's going to look like a fool.

Nah man... I don't think so. Crabtree and the others seem to respect Moss to such a high level that they can't get all "poorest me, Iz embarrassed" if Moss out-produces them. Crabtree is what he is. A very good # 2 wideout. He doesn't have ideal acceleration.. doesn't always make the best of efforts for the tough catches.. but he's been hauling in passes right to him much better than that dreaded volley-tip-INT year a ways back. Sounds like he's been plugged in and improving, so we'll see. I hope Jim really has these guys looking strong at the big picture (SB ring) rather than personal stats.
Espn talking about Harbaugh's take on Moss 'the best receivers on the team'

Bayless skeptical wait and see. Stephen A. agreed Moss best on the team, but within an unimpressed receiving core, coupled with 'Mr. Game Manager' Alex Smith

The other guy at the desk -- can't remember his name; take it as Harbaugh's motivation of Crabtree to be compared to a 35 year old receiver. But still impressed with Moss' ability even at 35.
[ Edited by qnnhan7 on Jul 10, 2012 at 7:56 AM ]
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
Espn talking

don't curr...
straight cayyysh howwwmie
Originally posted by oldman9er:
Nah man... I don't think so. Crabtree and the others seem to respect Moss to such a high level that they can't get all "poorest me, Iz embarrassed" if Moss out-produces them. Crabtree is what he is. A very good # 2 wideout. He doesn't have ideal acceleration.. doesn't always make the best of efforts for the tough catches.. but he's been hauling in passes right to him much better than that dreaded volley-tip-INT year a ways back. Sounds like he's been plugged in and improving, so we'll see. I hope Jim really has these guys looking strong at the big picture (SB ring) rather than personal stats.

It is funny that you use such absolutes to describe Crabtree.
Originally posted by DirtyP:
Originally posted by oldman9er:
Nah man... I don't think so. Crabtree and the others seem to respect Moss to such a high level that they can't get all "poorest me, Iz embarrassed" if Moss out-produces them. Crabtree is what he is. A very good # 2 wideout. He doesn't have ideal acceleration.. doesn't always make the best of efforts for the tough catches.. but he's been hauling in passes right to him much better than that dreaded volley-tip-INT year a ways back. Sounds like he's been plugged in and improving, so we'll see. I hope Jim really has these guys looking strong at the big picture (SB ring) rather than personal stats.

It is funny that you use such absolutes to describe Crabtree.

What is it about Crabtree that you think is better than Moss at this juncture -- other than age. Crabtree 24 -- Moss 35...
Our talent at WR is not an issue any longer. The issue is whether or not Smith can get the ball down the field to WRs.

He underthrew Crabtree quite a few times last year. He also has shown a lack of willingness to take a shot down the field when the opportunity has presented. AS also prefers the TE...which is not a bad thing considering we have VD and DW. Will Moss get pissed off when AS dumps it down when he has a step on his CB? Who knows...

AS is going to have to find a balance this season between playing safe, ball control offense VS being a gunslinger and taking shots with the new weapons. If he can find this balance, we will be TOUGH to beat.
Originally posted by DirtyP:
It is funny that you use such absolutes to describe Crabtree.

That's not an absolute, fella. An absolute would be for me to say that "Crabtree is a # 2 and that's all he will ever be." That's an absolute. Right now, Crabtree is a # 2 wideout... that's just what he is. He may improve further to be more... that will be up to him. Learn something before you spout off.
Originally posted by Leathaface:
Our talent at WR is not an issue any longer. The issue is whether or not Smith can get the ball down the field to WRs.

He underthrew Crabtree quite a few times last year. He also has shown a lack of willingness to take a shot down the field when the opportunity has presented. AS also prefers the TE...which is not a bad thing considering we have VD and DW. Will Moss get pissed off when AS dumps it down when he has a step on his CB? Who knows...

AS is going to have to find a balance this season between playing safe, ball control offense VS being a gunslinger and taking shots with the new weapons. If he can find this balance, we will be TOUGH to beat.

Alex can sling the ball with accuracy. he showed bits of that last season and i think his long ball will only improve. Show be a year besides last year were he had any sort of arm muscle? Last year he was yolked out.
Originally posted by Leathaface:
Our talent at WR is not an issue any longer. The issue is whether or not Smith can get the ball down the field to WRs.

He underthrew Crabtree quite a few times last year. He also has shown a lack of willingness to take a shot down the field when the opportunity has presented. AS also prefers the TE...which is not a bad thing considering we have VD and DW. Will Moss get pissed off when AS dumps it down when he has a step on his CB? Who knows...

AS is going to have to find a balance this season between playing safe, ball control offense VS being a gunslinger and taking shots with the new weapons. If he can find this balance, we will be TOUGH to beat.
yea but where AS has his weaknesses is where Moss has his strengths. Even AS said that he finally has a receiver that he can just toss the ball up to and Moss will do the rest but that is of course if Moss is as good as Harbaugh is leading us on to believe. We really do need to hope that AS can take the next step in his career and be a weapon and not just a serviceable qb.

I do agree with you completely that if AS finds his groove we will be a legendary team!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Smith in 2009 after his repaired shoulder. Against the Titans. Not a good game by Smith with 3 INTs, but pretty zippy throws downfield. He just doesn't throw it up for grabs so some of us think he doesn't have the arm.

Link

How about that broken play on the run throw downfield to Jason Hill for a TD
[ Edited by qnnhan7 on Jul 10, 2012 at 7:35 PM ]
Alex has an average to above average arm

Up till now we haven't had a deep threat or a jump ball we so he hasn't been able to showcase it
Originally posted by Leathaface:
Our talent at WR is not an issue any longer. The issue is whether or not Smith can get the ball down the field to WRs.

He underthrew Crabtree quite a few times last year. He also has shown a lack of willingness to take a shot down the field when the opportunity has presented. AS also prefers the TE...which is not a bad thing considering we have VD and DW. Will Moss get pissed off when AS dumps it down when he has a step on his CB? Who knows...

AS is going to have to find a balance this season between playing safe, ball control offense VS being a gunslinger and taking shots with the new weapons. If he can find this balance, we will be TOUGH to beat.

I think this is more about trust and rapport than anything. Consider how Alex will heave the ball up to Davis because those guys have a rapport. Alex trust Vernon. It's just that simple. Real receivers now in camp understand how important it is to create/establish rapport with the QB. Notice what Harbaugh said in his description of offensive meetings this season? No more hoodies, no more sitting in the back of the room half there. Really? What is this high school? I'm glad Moss is there to push Crabtree and other receivers. I'm anxious to see this team finally have mature starting NFL-caliber receivers.
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
Alex has an average to above average arm

Up till now we haven't had a deep threat or a jump ball we so he hasn't been able to showcase it

this is the most f...n deplorable post in wz history.... "showcase it"

one way or another they will find a way blame Moss for our weak passing attack
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
straight cayyysh howwwmie

o fo sho