LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 254 users in the forums

Randy Moss

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by juycho:
Agreed, he is already helping by just showing up. It doesn't matter if he starts one down. He is training the younger players in so many ways and giving them tools they would have never gotten other wise.

Just from the footage I have seen of him even though he isn't in pads or against a defense I think we got a hellava steal here with Moss.
Originally posted by BayArea:
Agreed, he is already helping by just showing up. It doesn't matter if he starts one down. He is training the younger players in so many ways and giving them tools they would have never gotten other wise.

Just from the footage I have seen of him even though he isn't in pads or against a defense I think we got a hellava steal here with Moss.
He doesn't count as a FA either.
[ Edited by juycho on May 26, 2012 at 2:02 PM ]

and he's a leader amongst the WR group, something we haven't had in awhile. What a story this would be if Moss works out.

Dare I say this...Comeback Player of the Year!?
Originally posted by NinerGold39:

and he's a leader amongst the WR group, something we haven't had in awhile. What a story this would be if Moss works out.

Dare I say this...Comeback Player of the Year!?
It is great to have so many posiitve subjects to discuss about the 49ers.
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
found this a it discouraging:

With Moss, it's often about impressive debuts and new beginnings. Sometimes, he sticks around and produces, as the case was with New England. Other times, the initial impressions do not foreshadow future results. Moss impressed the Oakland Raiders when he joined them by trade from Minnesota in 2005. That situation did not work out well (the Raiders obviously deserve some of the blame). "I thought Randy was outstanding," Norv Turner, then the Raiders' coach, said after Moss' first couple practices with the team. "He got in yesterday afternoon late and we put a lot of offense in today and we have a lot going in this weekend. He handled it extremely well. It's a whole different system than he's been around. He went out and relaxed and obviously he can run and catch and do those things. He looked very comfortable to me."

Moss impressed the New England Patriots when he joined them by trade from Oakland in 2007. Moss played very well for the Patriots before his time with the team ran its course. "Tom Brady has heard the critics who expect Moss to bring more baggage to the Patriots than a hotel valet would," The New York Times wrote back when Moss joined New England. "But so far, Brady has been impressed, and Moss looked explosive during Wednesday's workout. During one portion of practice, Brady and Moss stood off to the side by themselves, talking and throwing a football, part of the working bond they hope to create."

Moss impressed the Vikings when he rejoined them by trade from the Patriots in 2010. Moss wound up making little impact (the Vikings, like the Raiders, had their own issues). "He's had a whirlwind week-and-a-half catching up on a new playbook, and the Vikings were quite pleased with his performance against the New York Jets last week despite the lack of familiarity," the Associated Press reported. "The coaches have noted progress in practice this week, believing he'll be able to be more comfortable with his routes without having to stop and think too much about his assignment."

Moss impressed the Tennessee Titans when he joined their team off waivers in 2011. He made almost no impact with the team on the field, however. "When Randy Moss comes into your locker room, he brings something. Guys are seeing that and responding to it," Kerry Collins, then a Titans quarterback, told reporters. "The biggest thing is just the way he's working. You never judge a book by what you hear. You wait and see what a guy is about. He's come in here with a great attitude and ready to work. The guy just wants to win. Period. The end. He'll do whatever it takes to make that happen."

Moss impressed the New Orleans Saints during a workout in 2012. They did not sign him, however. "Moss had an off-the-charts workout at the Saints facility this morning," sportsNOLA.com reported. "The 35-year old Moss reportedly performed the 40-yard dash in the 4.39 to 4.4 range and ran routes while hauling in nearly 50 passes. One source described Moss as being more impressive than anticipated, saying that he is in great shape."

And, of course, Moss is impressing the 49ers this offseason. The situation in San Francisco appears more stable than the ones in Oakland or Minnesota (the second time). Perhaps the results will be better as well.

also in same article from pats fan

(Coming from a Pats fan): The issue isn't whether Randy looks good. He ALWAYS looked good. The issue is how many plays will he quit on? When a play was breaking down, or he got jammed too hard at the line, he'd quit midway through. Plus he doesnt make a lot of extra effort to make catches that he should. Keep in mind, once the Patriots released Randy Moss Brady went on his streak of passes without an interception. Most of Brady's interceptions over the years were from a lack of effort from Moss.
May 25 2012, 9:35 AM
· Like · Reply · Quote · Flag

no one else a bit discouraged by this?

I dont think many people find it that discouraging because most of us knew what to expect when moss got signed. We just have to have the faith in Harbaugh that he wont let Moss pull this team down with him if he decides to give up on us. The message from the pats fan is total irrelevance simply because your never gunna get the full facts from a fan about a former member of there team. of course there gunna blame everything they can on Moss, just like when Ochocinco is gone there going to talk ish about him for not doing enough, Moss is to many fans of other teams what T.O. is to alot of us.
found this a it discouraging:

With Moss, it's often about impressive debuts and new beginnings. Sometimes, he sticks around and produces, as the case was with New England. Other times, the initial impressions do not foreshadow future results. Moss impressed the Oakland Raiders when he joined them by trade from Minnesota in 2005. That situation did not work out well (the Raiders obviously deserve some of the blame). "I thought Randy was outstanding," Norv Turner, then the Raiders' coach, said after Moss' first couple practices with the team. "He got in yesterday afternoon late and we put a lot of offense in today and we have a lot going in this weekend. He handled it extremely well. It's a whole different system than he's been around. He went out and relaxed and obviously he can run and catch and do those things. He looked very comfortable to me."

Moss impressed the New England Patriots when he joined them by trade from Oakland in 2007. Moss played very well for the Patriots before his time with the team ran its course. "Tom Brady has heard the critics who expect Moss to bring more baggage to the Patriots than a hotel valet would," The New York Times wrote back when Moss joined New England. "But so far, Brady has been impressed, and Moss looked explosive during Wednesday's workout. During one portion of practice, Brady and Moss stood off to the side by themselves, talking and throwing a football, part of the working bond they hope to create."

Moss impressed the Vikings when he rejoined them by trade from the Patriots in 2010. Moss wound up making little impact (the Vikings, like the Raiders, had their own issues). "He's had a whirlwind week-and-a-half catching up on a new playbook, and the Vikings were quite pleased with his performance against the New York Jets last week despite the lack of familiarity," the Associated Press reported. "The coaches have noted progress in practice this week, believing he'll be able to be more comfortable with his routes without having to stop and think too much about his assignment."

Moss impressed the Tennessee Titans when he joined their team off waivers in 2011. He made almost no impact with the team on the field, however. "When Randy Moss comes into your locker room, he brings something. Guys are seeing that and responding to it," Kerry Collins, then a Titans quarterback, told reporters. "The biggest thing is just the way he's working. You never judge a book by what you hear. You wait and see what a guy is about. He's come in here with a great attitude and ready to work. The guy just wants to win. Period. The end. He'll do whatever it takes to make that happen."

Moss impressed the New Orleans Saints during a workout in 2012. They did not sign him, however. "Moss had an off-the-charts workout at the Saints facility this morning," sportsNOLA.com reported. "The 35-year old Moss reportedly performed the 40-yard dash in the 4.39 to 4.4 range and ran routes while hauling in nearly 50 passes. One source described Moss as being more impressive than anticipated, saying that he is in great shape."

And, of course, Moss is impressing the 49ers this offseason. The situation in San Francisco appears more stable than the ones in Oakland or Minnesota (the second time). Perhaps the results will be better as well.

also in same article from pats fan

(Coming from a Pats fan): The issue isn't whether Randy looks good. He ALWAYS looked good. The issue is how many plays will he quit on? When a play was breaking down, or he got jammed too hard at the line, he'd quit midway through. Plus he doesnt make a lot of extra effort to make catches that he should. Keep in mind, once the Patriots released Randy Moss Brady went on his streak of passes without an interception. Most of Brady's interceptions over the years were from a lack of effort from Moss.
May 25 2012, 9:35 AM
· Like · Reply · Quote · Flag

This
Listening to Kevin Lynch sounds encouraging about Moss. 'He's easily daunted' seems a right description. Come Back Player of the Year may be right.

LINK

even if we only get a handful of games from Moss where he plays at his highest level, it will still be a huge improvement and have a positive ripple effect throughout the offense. if he becomes a problem in the locker room he'll be gone. our financial commitment to him is minimal.

there is nothing to be worried about or discouraged about, IMO. the fact that early reports are so positive should have every 49er fan incredibly excited.
I think he's going to come in hungry and with a chip on his shoulder. He's going to want to show that he still has "it". This is his last legitimate shot at a ring and he knows it. And our locker room is a lot different than the one he was in in Oakland. Our guys aren't going to put up with any shenanigans. Harbs, frank, Willis, Justin, Vernon gives him a great support system. Looking forward to see him do great things in 2012 on he road to #6.

Originally posted by NinerBuff:
per Mike Sando

Moss again declined to talk to reporters but has been Smith's No. 1 target during the open portions of practice and, by all 49ers accounts, has dazzled.

I'm reserving my judgement of the whole Randy Moss situation until the season starts, but if he's already usurped Crabtree in this short period of time, then that is pretty telling.

what does it "tell"? that a future Hall of Famer who is trying to prove he can still be a dominant player and win a championship is outperforming, in spring practices, a young player beginning his first complete and healthy offseason?

that tells us nothing.
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
What a great problem to have.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by HessianDud:

even if we only get a handful of games from Moss where he plays at his highest level, it will still be a huge improvement and have a positive ripple effect throughout the offense. if he becomes a problem in the locker room he'll be gone. our financial commitment to him is minimal.

there is nothing to be worried about or discouraged about, IMO. the fact that early reports are so positive should have every 49er fan incredibly excited.
i go by what people and players do and not what they say. so far moss has said and done all of the right things.i believe there is a group, small albiet, but a group of people who call themselves fans but are hoping moss implodes and alex fails because it will justify thier hate for the person.
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by HessianDud:

i go by what people and players do and not what they say. so far moss has said and done all of the right things.i believe there is a group, small albiet, but a group of people who call themselves fans but are hoping moss implodes and alex fails because it will justify thier hate for the person.

OK thank you. Now can I please remind you all, the subject of this thread is Randy Moss and NOT your fellow posters.
Randy Moss is our # 84
Share 49ersWebzone