There are 271 users in the forums

Randy Moss

Shop Find 49ers gear online
i love it... slaps in the face for the people saying "i dont even think randy will make the team and if he does will be a #4." been calling it since day 1 son
Originally posted by DynastyPart2:
Originally posted by blm7754:
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:
Originally posted by blm7754:
First, apologies for that remark. An overreaction and not meant to be specifically directed at you... just at all the man-love for Moss.

However, I think the Moss hype is delusional... at least at this point in the off-season when there is nothing to go off of other than non-contact workouts with no offense vs defense action. I'm being realistic... he's a 35 year old WR that hasn't been a factor for 2 years that nobody other than the 49ers wanted. To say that he is so much better than Crabtree, Manningham, Jenkins, and even Williams... its just premature.

I want a true #1 WR on our team as much as anybody. But I'm not even close to ready to believing that it is Moss.

Are you certain of that? He worked out for the Saints a day or two before catching passes from Harbaugh. By all accounts his work-out with the Saints was outstanding. Evidently he impressed Harbaugh enough that we didn't let him get to another work-out. Maybe nobody else would have given him a shot . . . or maybe we got lucky.

Maybe... but if you were Randy Moss, would you be quick to sign a 1 year deal with us that has no guaranteed money if there is real interest from other teams?

I don't think so. I sincerely hope we did get lucky. It just seems too unlikely. Remember last year when we got Braylon Edwards on a 1 year deal? Everybody was riding his nuts too.... and he ended up sucking worse than any WR on our roster. We even viewed Brett Swain as an upgrade.

Moss could be a very lucky find... or he could be Braylon Edwards part 2.
In my opinion, Randy Moss chose to sign with the 49ers because it was the best situation for him to be a #1 WR and win a SB ring. Randy does not care about the money, he wants to get a ring before he is done.

So what if it didn't work out for us with Braylon last year. Does that mean we still shouldn't take a very low risk chance on Randy Moss? I see absolutely no problem with signing Moss. Low risk, high reward.

Put me in the bucket of fans who thinks Moss can be our #1 WR.

That is crazy. Of course he does. Who wouldn't? He's Randy Moss not mother Teresa. Of course he cares about the money.

I am all for taking a chance on him. With the additions of Manningham and Jenkins we haven't put all of our eggs in the Randy Moss basket like we did last year with Edwards.
Originally posted by SundayTicket:
i love it... slaps in the face for the people saying "i dont even think randy will make the team and if he does will be a #4." been calling it since day 1 son

LOL... hasn't made the team yet. Hasn't done anything yet. It's May son!
We got Randy at the right moment. He is playing with a "chip on his shoulder", the type of attitude Harbaugh likes to have on his team. Everyone was saying he was too old or washed up to make any real impact on a team. I expect a comeback player of the year if he continues to play at this high level come training camp and into the season.
Originally posted by richierichard:
We got Randy at the right moment. He is playing with a "chip on his shoulder", the type of attitude Harbaugh likes to have on his team. Everyone was saying he was too old or washed up to make any real impact on a team. I expect a comeback player of the year if he continues to play at this high level come training camp and into the season.

Randy wins CPOY
Alex wins MVP
Justin wins DPOY
James wins ROY
Harbaugh wins COY
Baalke wins EOY

CHAAAA-AMPIIIIONNNNNNSHIP!
Originally posted by NinerBuff:
Randy wins CPOY
Alex wins MVP
Justin wins DPOY
James wins ROY
Harbaugh wins COY
Baalke wins EOY

CHAAAA-AMPIIIIONNNNNNSHIP!

The Alex one is long shot but yeah any of this has at least a shot of happening... however I would be content with the championship only. :)
[ Edited by BayArea on May 25, 2012 at 10:56 AM ]

What is this high level you speak of?

practice?
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:

What is this high level you speak of?

practice?

Crabs is number one. Randy Moss has impressed in padless practice. Stop hating on my boy Crabs. He will dominate this year. HE HAS THE BEST HANDS HARBAUGH HAS EVER SEEN. And he has seen the hands of Andrew Luck in person.
Was there ever really any doubt? We didn't sign him to be a deep threat decoy like Ginn last year (rarely used this way BUT his speed "threat" alone did back DB's way off him when he was on the field). At worst case scenario, this is how we would use Moss this year. That said, with his mindset/attitude, skill set, the shape he's in and work ethic, how he's bonded with the coaching staff and how he's immediately engaged with his new teammates esp. Alex & the WR's (and even Willis), how could he NOT be the #1? The question I have is who will be our #2 and #3.

Crabtree is most effective (see his entire college career) when he has two to three WR's clearing out space for him underneath and utilizing his RAC abilities (WCO approach from a Spread formation). That said, I could see Manningham ending up with the #2 and Crabtree being very effective in the slot. I don't think Jenkins will challenge either Manningham/Crabtree initially.

Originally posted by sacniner:
Crabs is number one. Randy Moss has impressed in padless practice. Stop hating on my boy Crabs. He will dominate this year. HE HAS THE BEST HANDS HARBAUGH HAS EVER SEEN. And he has seen the hands of Andrew Luck in person.

and he has no problems with Kyle Williams catching pints.....coachspeak
Originally posted by jreff22:

Thats the problem right there...he was drunk
Originally posted by jreff22:

In practice...Not in games.

Crank Dat Crabtree
The starting wide receivers are going to be Moss, Crabtree and Manningham, or Crabtree, Manningham and Moss, or Manningham, Crabtree and Moss, or Crabtree, Manningham and Moss...

Who cares who they call #1. It's going to be a lot better receiving corp than last year. That's for sure. Let's throw Jenkins in the mix and the receiving corp is not only better, but deep.
Share 49ersWebzone