There are 156 users in the forums

UPDATE - Billy Walsh is going to MetLife for 49ers @ Jets!

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by blm7754:
NFL games are expensive for everybody. I personally have never been to a regular season game. You can watch them on TV for free.

Sorry, but there are a ton of folks struggling in this economy. Very few have the cash to go to NFL games. I don't see how Billy is any different from any other fan that has lost their job. I certainly don't have money to send everybody so I don't think this is fair and Billy should just get used to watching games at home like 90% of the fan base.

He's not different. I just felt like doing something nice cause I make it up from LA to SF to see a game a year... and I can afford it. Getting a ticket to a football game is not that hard, and I have no desire to judge this guy. I just want to do something nice.
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
wait..........

so his foot was injured by a sand blaster and he's been on disability since? Why can't he find a fkn desk job? And why would we want to make him go through all that pain of having to stand in line, climb stadium stairs, walk to the concession stand for beer. After all, his foot is injured.
[ Edited by LoneWolf on Apr 30, 2012 at 1:54 PM ]
Originally posted by Oscar:
We don't know a lot about his situation, nor has Billy ever asked us to do anything. The OP suggested this on his own so no "begging" is taking place. I could care less if you donate or not (I personally think there are some that are a little needier than Billy, but that's just my opinion) but man, try and at LEAST stop and have some empathy before you just lambast this poor guy for things we have little information about. It astounds me how so many of us immediately jumped to the "he has no life, he's a deadbeat" camp right away.

I wasn't judging Billy in my post I just want a high price Vegas hooker. I think I deserve it after 22 years of marriage.
If he was even half as committed to finding a job as he is to standing in line (on a bad foot) for 2 days to get into the draft, he'd be able to afford to go to a game. Being on disability sucks, but a bad foot doesnt prevent you from every job on the planet. Ive known people like him. They get complacent with govt. money and choose not to find work because "nothing is on their level". meaning they wont work at McDonalds. Then they act like theyre down on their luck when money is tight.

Its one thing if there's a kid with cancer who dreams of going to a 49ers game, but this guy is capable of saving up cash over time and going if he really wanted to. I know he didn't ask for donations, but its hard to sympathetic with his boo-hoo story about not being able to see his team play when he has the free time to be at the draft for 3 days instead of looking for work. I know a guy with Cerebral Palsy who works 2 full time jobs.
I may or may not donate, but I'm not going to sit here and bash this guy like the rest of you chumps. If you take offence to what I just said, good! It's probably you I'm talking to. Grow up and learn to have some respect for people.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
Originally posted by susweel:
Originally posted by ImaMod:
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
This dude needs to get a life. He's injured not dead. If all you have to look forward to is the NFL, you're probably not a very good person.

I look forward to football season I guess I'm a bad person.
If that's "ALL" you have in life, you should probably re-evaluate your existence.

I'm committing suicide now thanks a lot.
If being a football fan was the only reason for your existance you would have commited suicide many offseasons ago lol.
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by saj4423:
We don't know a lot about his situation, nor has Billy ever asked us to do anything. The OP suggested this on his own so no "begging" is taking place. I could care less if you donate or not (I personally think there are some that are a little needier than Billy, but that's just my opinion) but man, try and at LEAST stop and have some empathy before you just lambast this poor guy for things we have little information about. It astounds me how so many of us immediately jumped to the "he has no life, he's a deadbeat" camp right away.

I wasn't judging Billy in my post I just want a high price Vegas hooker. I think I deserve it after 22 years of marriage.

I would give this man money for his cause before I gave a penny to Billy "Milky" Walsh.
you should buy the tickets for him yourself

Coming from a 49ers fan site based out of San Francisco, it is funny to see how little empathy there really is from this demographic.
Originally posted by JiksJuicy:
This. Get a f**king job. I see people with missing limbs working all the time. I see people in wheel chairs working all the time. I used to work with mentally handicap people who could work. THis guy doesn't have to do s**t for his money, while I'm working 50 hours a week and I can't afford to go to a game. I mean really? I'm supposed to feel bad for this dick head? The guy can "stand" in line for hours upon hours for a free ticket, but can't stand there bagging groceries, at a drive through, behind a call center desk?

Sounds like you shop at Walmart ALOT. Also sounds like since you work 50 hours a week and still cant afford sh** you might be one of them No but really dude, cool it a bit, the extent you went to vent your frustration is uncalled for, not everyone with a disability can work let alone full time. Nerve damage can be extremely painful and your comparison to people in wheel chairs and missing limbs, is in no way comparable to someone that is in pain everyday.

Just because a person is missing a limb or are in wheel chairs doesn't mean they are in physical pain, your comments might be insulting to some that might be in the same boat as this gentleman or to anyone who might know someone with the same issues. (like my mom)
  • mod
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Jesu80ncleats:
This. Get a f**king job. I see people with missing limbs working all the time. I see people in wheel chairs working all the time. I used to work with mentally handicap people who could work. THis guy doesn't have to do s**t for his money, while I'm working 50 hours a week and I can't afford to go to a game. I mean really? I'm supposed to feel bad for this dick head? The guy can "stand" in line for hours upon hours for a free ticket, but can't stand there bagging groceries, at a drive through, behind a call center desk?

Sounds like you shop at Walmart ALOT. Also sounds like since you work 50 hours a week and still cant afford sh** you might be one of them No but really dude, cool it a bit, the extent you went to vent your frustration is uncalled for, not everyone with a disability can work let alone full time. Nerve damage can be extremely painful and your comparison to people in wheel chairs and missing limbs, is in no way comparable to someone that is in pain everyday.

Just because a person is missing a limb or are in wheel chairs doesn't mean they are in physical pain, your comments might be insulting to some that might be in the same boat as this gentleman or to anyone who might know someone with the same issues. (like my mom)

if he can go to the draft, or a football game, he can still get a job
[ Edited by modninerfan on Apr 30, 2012 at 2:47 PM ]
  • Jiks
Originally posted by Jesu80ncleats:

I stand by my statements. The guy can stand in line for hours upon hours, and sit in a chair and watch the draft for hours and hours, for 3 days he can get a job. Don't get me wrong IF people need disability than I'm all for it. I mean there are people that really really need the help. If they don't need the help and are living freely off the govt. than i don't care if they are insulted or not. But I'll leave it at that. This is not a sports related discussion, so I wont bring the politics here.
I dont mean to insult your comparison of a missing limb to nerve damage, but it is kind of ass backwards i have had nerve damage in my right hand for years and i would prefer the pain but knowing it can be used and possibly heal over knowing i would never have a hand again. Its like comparing someone with paralysis to someone with 2 broken legs
Share 49ersWebzone