There are 206 users in the forums

UPDATE - Billy Walsh is going to MetLife for 49ers @ Jets!

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by susweel:
Originally posted by ImaMod:
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
This dude needs to get a life. He's injured not dead. If all you have to look forward to is the NFL, you're probably not a very good person.

I look forward to football season I guess I'm a bad person.
If that's "ALL" you have in life, you should probably re-evaluate your existence.
[ Edited by Oakland-Niner on Apr 30, 2012 at 1:18 PM ]
  • Oscar
  • Hall of Fame
We don't know a lot about his situation, nor has Billy ever asked us to do anything. The OP suggested this on his own so no "begging" is taking place. I could care less if you donate or not (I personally think there are some that are a little needier than Billy, but that's just my opinion) but man, try and at LEAST stop and have some empathy before you just lambast this poor guy for things we have little information about. It astounds me how so many of us immediately jumped to the "he has no life, he's a deadbeat" camp right away.
Originally posted by Oscar:
We don't know a lot about his situation, nor has Billy ever asked us to do anything. The OP suggested this on his own so no "begging" is taking place. I could care less if you donate or not (I personally think there are some that are a little needier than Billy, but that's just my opinion) but man, try and at LEAST stop and have some empathy before you just lambast this poor guy for things we have little information about. It astounds me how so many of us immediately jumped to the "he has no life, he's a deadbeat" camp right away.
If you're refering to my post, I'm somewhat saying it "tounge in cheak." I"m not making a very serious evaluation, but on the face of it, this dude is near the bottom of my charitable gifting list, if at all. I'd much rather give the doe to a little kid dying of cancer or something. In fact, I would be more than willing to give away one of my season ticket games for the right cause.
  • DRnSFw
  • BlessUp
last time we donated it was for JRG to come out to a tailgate AND look how well that panned out for the Webzone
  • Jiks

You're right, but still not gonna buy the guy a ticket. I live with a guy living off disability and he free rides everything. He could go out and get a job just like anybody else but free money is far too hard to pass up. A foot injury from a sand blaster a few years ago? Even if he get's his foot sand blasted off the guy could work. That's what the story portrayed and that's what I reacted off of.

If it was a kid with cancer, or someone who I feel really would help them get through tough times I would be all for it. But a guy with a sandblasted foot is laughable. Again that's all the story provides. .
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by DRnSFw:
last time we donated it was for JRG to come out to a tailgate AND look how well that panned out for the Webzone

What happened with that? I wasn't involved...
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by NickSh49:

WZ pulled together and paid for his flight to a game, maybe even teh game tix. Turns all racist on the zone adn gets banned.

Yeah... I just don't see getting this guy a ticket to MetLife as that much of a hassle. It's just something nice to do. I'm not judging Billy, I just feel like helping a fellow fan see a game. Whether or not he "deserves it" is not my place to judge. This is something I felt like doing.

There are definitely people who need more help out there, that is for sure. But we're all fellow fans and I figured we could try to get this guy a ticket. Doesn't take much.
Originally posted by ChazBoner:

WZ pulled together and paid for his flight to a game, maybe even teh game tix. Turns all racist on the zone adn gets banned.

Damn... JRG was a Zoner for a long time, wasn't he?

I'm gonna redirect this effort into getting him a ticket at MetLife. That way, we don't have to worry about flight & hotel.

Originally posted by ChazBoner:

Damn... JRG was a Zoner for a long time, wasn't he?

I'm gonna redirect this effort into getting him a ticket at MetLife. That way, we don't have to worry about flight & hotel.

NickSh49 (Billy Walsh),

If you want a ticket, just ask......
Not interested in helping self proclaimed "disabled" people. Truly disabled people dont ask for help, nor do they ever really want help. Not to sound cold or anything but the most help anyone ever gave me was a card for an na meeting because they thought my epileptic seizures were from drug overdoses.
NFL games are expensive for everybody. I personally have never been to a regular season game. You can watch them on TV for free.

Sorry, but there are a ton of folks struggling in this economy. Very few have the cash to go to NFL games. I don't see how Billy is any different from any other fan that has lost their job. I certainly don't have money to send everybody so I don't think this is fair and Billy should just get used to watching games at home like 90% of the fan base.
Originally posted by blm7754:
NFL games are expensive for everybody. I personally have never been to a regular season game. You can watch them on TV for free.

Sorry, but there are a ton of folks struggling in this economy. Very few have the cash to go to NFL games. I don't see how Billy is any different from any other fan that has lost their job. I certainly don't have money to send everybody so I don't think this is fair and Billy should just get used to watching games at home like 90% of the fan base.

Even if its on a 14 inch tube TV with a coat hanger antanna?
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
Originally posted by blm7754:

Even if its on a 14 inch tube TV with a coat hanger antanna?

In that case... go to your local sports bar, buy a cheap beer for $5 and enjoy it in HD.
Share 49ersWebzone