There are 196 users in the forums

UPDATE - Billy Walsh is going to MetLife for 49ers @ Jets!

Shop Find 49ers gear online
He should have a yard sale, im sure he can find enough money to buy a ticket to a game
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
if my name were "William Walsh" I sure as hell wouldn't go by "billy" I'd be "Bill Walsh" muthaf**ka!
  • Jiks
Originally posted by LoneWolf:
I dont mean to insult your comparison of a missing limb to nerve damage, but it is kind of ass backwards i have had nerve damage in my right hand for years and i would prefer the pain but knowing it can be used and possibly heal over knowing i would never have a hand again. Its like comparing someone with paralysis to someone with 2 broken legs
Well sorry you took it that way i guess. But I wouldn't classify nerve damage in your right hand a disibility and that's my point.
Im all for helping people out but my first rule to helping someone out is knowing they are willing to help themselves too.
Originally posted by susweel:
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
Originally posted by susweel:
Originally posted by ImaMod:
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
This dude needs to get a life. He's injured not dead. If all you have to look forward to is the NFL, you're probably not a very good person.

I look forward to football season I guess I'm a bad person.
If that's "ALL" you have in life, you should probably re-evaluate your existence.

I'm committing suicide now thanks a lot.

If being a football fan was the only reason for your existance you would have commited suicide many offseasons ago lol.

Originally posted by Shorteous:
Originally posted by Oscar:
We don't know a lot about his situation, nor has Billy ever asked us to do anything. The OP suggested this on his own so no "begging" is taking place. I could care less if you donate or not (I personally think there are some that are a little needier than Billy, but that's just my opinion) but man, try and at LEAST stop and have some empathy before you just lambast this poor guy for things we have little information about. It astounds me how so many of us immediately jumped to the "he has no life, he's a deadbeat" camp right away.

Coming from a 49ers fan site based out of San Francisco, it is funny to see how little empathy there really is from this demographic.
And what dempgraphic is that? I want something, but am unwilling to save/work for it, demographic... At least he knows he's not alone. We have plenty of them in Oakland.
[ Edited by Oakland-Niner on Apr 30, 2012 at 3:07 PM ]
Jiks nerve damage in my hand wasnt my disability, i suffered from severe epilepsy. But the nerve damage in my hand was an example of the bad comparison between lost limbs and nerve damage. But i wasnt responding to your post sorry for the cyonfusion.
  • Jiks
Jiks nerve damage in my hand wasnt my disability, i suffered from severe epilepsy. But the nerve damage in my hand was an example of the bad comparison between lost limbs and nerve damage. But i wasnt responding to your post sorry for the cyonfusion.
I see, I thought you were referring to my post. And even if you were I think my statements were taken out of context and I understand why they were but I didn't mean my words to be portrayed as they were. I was only saying if you can work, you can work, if you can't then you can't. I just don't see a sand blasted foot being a legit reason to be on disabitly but I don't know the whole story so I digress.
Thats the thing i dont get also. The government is very picky who can stay on disability these days. So there may be more to this guys story. I still have seizures not on a daily basis anymore but the government didnt see my disability sever enough anymore. So either the extent of his disability may be further then nerve damage or hes lying his ass off. Donations in this situation are basiclly just a judgement call.
Originally posted by JiksJuicy:
I see, I thought you were referring to my post. And even if you were I think my statements were taken out of context and I understand why they were but I didn't mean my words to be portrayed as they were. I was only saying if you can work, you can work, if you can't then you can't. I just don't see a sand blasted foot being a legit reason to be on disabitly but I don't know the whole story so I digress.

Well if the guy doesn't have full function of his foot, he can't really go back to that particular job. He might have to take a lot of pain killers that make him unable to work. The foot has a ton of nerves dude, so any type of nerve injury there would be extremely painful. It's not really fair to say that about him without knowing what he's going through.

Honestly, this topic is about helping out an injured guy to go see his favorite team. If you have nothing positive to say or add, maybe you shouldn't say anything at all.

if this gets to the 49ers FO and they dont help this guy.....I just might start a JED YORK IS A CHEPSKATE THREAD in the zone.......
I'm in.....
We don't know a lot about his situation, nor has Billy ever asked us to do anything. The OP suggested this on his own so no "begging" is taking place. I could care less if you donate or not (I personally think there are some that are a little needier than Billy, but that's just my opinion) but man, try and at LEAST stop and have some empathy before you just lambast this poor guy for things we have little information about. It astounds me how so many of us immediately jumped to the "he has no life, he's a deadbeat" camp right away.

Coming from a 49ers fan site based out of San Francisco, it is funny to see how little empathy there really is from this demographic.

What is there to empathize for? Sand blasted in the foot so you don't work? Boo hoo, look at me and my poor fat lazy ass spending the better part of a work week, most of that time standing on my allegedly injured foot, attending the draft which is something most Niners fans neeeeever get to do.

Hey im poor and have suffered from circumstance. The WZ should pitch in and send me to the draft next year.........
[ Edited by WINiner on Apr 30, 2012 at 3:33 PM ]
Originally posted by WINiner:

What is there to empathize for? Sand blasted in the foot so you don't work? Boo hoo, look at me and my poor fat lazy ass spending the better part of a work week, most of that time standing on my allegedly injured foot, attending the draft which is something most Niners fans neeeeever get to do.

Hey im poor and have suffered from circumstance. The WZ should pitch in and send me to the draft next year.........

Do I sense a bit of jealousy there?
  • Chief
  • Veteran
I won't give him s**t.
Share 49ersWebzone