There are 211 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Jason Slowey is a 49er

Originally posted by PTulini:
Originally posted by Dr_Bill_Walsh:

Harbaugh really sees something he likes...

Wow he literally did his job on pretty much every play in those videos, and he even blocked TWO guys on a few of those. He looks like a beast and it said his family's favorite team was the 49ers. I like this pick a lot more than I did when it was announced, now that I know more about him.
3rd favorite pick of the draft. This guy looks the part, and at center.... could be a beast. I know its d2 basically, but everytime this guy was squared up on his defender, the other guy ended up on the ground lol.
so is he a C or a OG?
He's projecting to C after playing T in college. I like it!! The guy seems smart, athletic and plays aggressive!! Ideal C play, and will be in backup rotation a G as well until Goodwin is done - 1 - 2 years. He'll easily put on 10lbs with our nutrition and weight program over the next year. Hard worker and love his blue collar roots as he'll just be simple and easy to adapt with a personality like that. I will really root for this guy after watching this and think he really has a chance at G or C.
he can be the next jeremy newberry IMO
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:

Gold helmet! Awesome!
Originally posted by loyal9er:
He's projecting to C after playing T in college. I like it!! The guy seems smart, athletic and plays aggressive!! Ideal C play, and will be in backup rotation a G as well until Goodwin is done - 1 - 2 years. He'll easily put on 10lbs with our nutrition and weight program over the next year. Hard worker and love his blue collar roots as he'll just be simple and easy to adapt with a personality like that. I will really root for this guy after watching this and think he really has a chance at G or C.

Yeah, it was very interesting to me to hear them (49ers) ask him why he was only 300+ and not 320 (size of a guard). Most C's are around 300. I wonder if they were looking at him as a nasty right guard initially? No need to nutrition now that he's in the pro's. For as feaking had as he has worked on his own and how strong he has become, he looks like he could become even bigger/stronger/more define. That's scary.

He must love pancakes b/c that's all he eats on game day!

PS: He lines up at FB a few times too. He can replace Sopoaga for that role this year.
[ Edited by NCommand on Apr 30, 2012 at 11:06 AM ]
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NCommand:
Yeah, it was very interesting to me to hear them (49ers) ask him why he was only 300+ and not 320 (size of a guard). Most C's are around 300. I wonder if they were looking at him as a nasty right guard initially? No need to nutrition now that he's in the pro's. For as feaking had as he has worked on his own and how strong he has become, he looks like he could become even bigger/stronger/more define. That's scary.

He must love pancakes b/c that's all he eats on game day!

PS: He lines up at FB a few times too. He can replace Sopoaga for that role this year.

fapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfap
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:

He just became my favorite rook.....

P.S. his dad sure is cheap....
[ Edited by Oakland-Niner on Apr 30, 2012 at 6:13 PM ]
Originally posted by Bay_Area_Fan:
Slowey and Looney. Who's next?

Doody
Originally posted by RedWaltz24:
I know it is small school competition, but the dude is knocking the crap out of people.

That was my first impression.

He just man-handles fools. llol.

It looks like he's playing against highschool kids.

wtf
Originally posted by jcam82:
Just heads up, I'm the reporter who did both those stories on Slowey and I'm also a diehard 49er fan. I from San Jose, up here in Medford to work for the NBC affiliate. I tried to remain unbiased, but was rooting for the 49ers to pick him. In the high school video there is another famous athlete that he is tackling. I'll give hint, he is the "6 foot 9" QB in Blue and White, a color he would wear in college as well. Also if your looking for pro prospects from the Southern Oregon area, you will find a slew of them in every sport. Names like Jeremy Guthrie, Chad Cota, Sonny Sixkiller (la rams and from the movie Longest Yard, he plays "Indian:) heck throw in Kevin Towers (d-backs gm) and the mystery player from that video I was just talking about. This place is actually a hot bed for pitching talent. Besides Guthrie, there is about 4 pretty good minor league prospects from the area. For such a small area, I have to this place turns out good athletes. As far as Jason goes, he will probably take a year to learn the nuances of the center position, then be able to step in year 2 or 3, depending on how long Goodwin lasts. Just interesting that I read these forums all the time, then saw my video posted on one of them.

Nice. We need most posts from a guy with insight around here.

You can join the 1%.
Love the nastiness on the videos. He got 38 reps of 225 after training on his own at a small school. Nice! He may be a project but I like the potential.
Slowey is one of the few prospects I never got the chance to review (I review 350-400 prospects per year and it just depends on how much time I have whether I'm closer to the upper or lower bounds). Some of the stuff I've seen out of him tells me I vastly underrated him.

He looks a lot like a poor man's David DeCastro. Granted, he needs to stay off the ground a little more and he obviously won't be knocking NFL defenders flat like that right off the bat -- the players he is hitting look clearly inferior in size and strength -- but with time to adjust I like his chances to succeed. I think he takes one of the last roster spots on the team, with he and Looney replacing Snyder and Rachal.