LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 250 users in the forums

Jason Slowey is a 49er

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Practice squad guys.

I like the way Baalke drafts by picking up late round OL guys instead of wasting high picks on them. This way we can have guys we can develop for the future.
Originally posted by susweel:
Practice squad guys.

I like the way Baalke drafts by picking up late round OL guys instead of wasting high picks on them. This way we can have guys we can develop for the future.

Didn't he draft Davis and Iupati in the first?
I see Slowey battling with Person for back-up center... but then again, Looney could be battling for back-up Center, RG, or back-up RG.

I love the competition.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:
Practice squad guys.

I think Sing pushed for those picks.
Originally posted by Dr_Bill_Walsh:
Harbaugh's dream, rhyming O-line:

Staley - 'Pati - Slowey - Looney - AD

Come on...you had it!

Staley - 'Pati - Slowey - Looney - Anthony

"Anthony" = TOO many syllables for Harbaugh....max is 2
Originally posted by ChaunceyGardner:
He's probably happy just to be leaving Medford.

LOL yeah, Medford women have hooves!

I know it is small school competition, but the dude is knocking the crap out of people.
  • mike
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49erAllTheWay:
Doesnt look like he can put much more weight on to me.

Why not? His arms and legs aren't even that big. He said their school doesn't even have a nutrition program so he'll get that when he comes to the NFL.

What I got from that video was that he's really dedicated, enough to where he pushed himself from a weak div. 2 player to getting recognized by scouts. He has that passion and desire to get better. Will he make the team? Maybe not. But he may develop into a solid starter in a few years.

Come on...you had it!

Iupati like its 1999
Originally posted by RedWaltz24:
I know it is small school competition, but the dude is knocking the crap out of people.

Yeah, he looks really small and quick. Although that tape does look like a high school football game.

• mike
  • Veteran
Practice squad guys.

Sing definitely wanted guys who could help push a "power run" offense. But I hate how people blame any picks from the Sing era on the coach. Those were Baalke picks either way, including Mays.

I think Baalke does now realize that he has to get better at finding mid/late round gems on the o-line, that he can't spend early picks on the o-line any time he wants to improve it.
Originally posted by mike:
Practice squad guys.

Sing definitely wanted guys who could help push a "power run" offense. But I hate how people blame any picks from the Sing era on the coach. Those were Baalke picks either way, including Mays.

I think Baalke does now realize that he has to get better at finding mid/late round gems on the o-line, that he can't spend early picks on the o-line any time he wants to improve it.

Everyone in the front office wanted Nate Allen that year... the Eagles grabbed him right before our pick came.

And then came the Sing vs. Baalke on Taylor Mays. Sing pushed hard for Mays. Baalke was hesitant.

Many Zoners witnessed it on the war room cam that was streaming live on 49ers.com that year.
Originally posted by NickSh49:
Originally posted by mike:
Practice squad guys.

Everyone in the front office wanted Nate Allen that year... the Eagles grabbed him right before our pick came.

And then came the Sing vs. Baalke on Taylor Mays. Sing pushed hard for Mays. Baalke was hesitant.

Many Zoners witnessed it on the war room cam that was streaming live on 49ers.com that year.

He wasn't just hesitant, he was fighting with Singletary. Not to mention, Baalke was NOT the GM that year, he was just a fill-in until they found a replacement for McC. He only had that position as fill-in for a couple of months after McC vanished and he really had little authority, especially over an entrenched HC like Singletary.
  • Lifer
  • Veteran
Originally posted by RedWaltz24:

They say for a small school guy to project to the NFL, he should be dominant at that level. Slowy was definitely dominating. He looked like a man among boys out there. Halfway through that video I was just laughing. The guy's a wrecking machine. Also love the fact that he really goes after people and never stops. Showed good athleticism too.

Come on...you had it!

Tony
Share 49ersWebzone