LISTEN: Reacting to the 49ers Drafting Ricky Pearsall →

There are 220 users in the forums

Jason Slowey is a 49er

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Slowey is one of the few prospects I never got the chance to review (I review 350-400 prospects per year and it just depends on how much time I have whether I'm closer to the upper or lower bounds). Some of the stuff I've seen out of him tells me I vastly underrated him.

He looks a lot like a poor man's David DeCastro. Granted, he needs to stay off the ground a little more and he obviously won't be knocking NFL defenders flat like that right off the bat -- the players he is hitting look clearly inferior in size and strength -- but with time to adjust I like his chances to succeed. I think he takes one of the last roster spots on the team, with he and Looney replacing Snyder and Rachal.

Appreciate the honesty and insight. Relentless...that's the thing that stands out the most. He not only wants to beat his man but beat him into submission. All I could see in this kid is Steve Wallace riding Junior Seau to his azz after about a 15 yard ride in the Superbowl. You take a guy who could only bench 225 three times to 38 reps all on his own is some serious work ethic. He will need to be developed like Boone but man, if he continues to progress and adheres to the nutrition program, he has a real shot here!
come on, it looks like he's playing highschool kids.....LOL
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:

LOL. It's still DL he's throwing around though.
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:

well if you take a small school kid he has to be dominant and this kid is
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran
Originally posted by jreff22:

I think you're selling his performance a little short... what's better than "dominant"?
Originally posted by Wodwo:

I think you're selling his performance a little short... what's better than "dominant"?

super dominant lol

with proper nutrition and a pro style lifting regiment I think he will drop 15lbs of fat but put on 25 of muscle....I have a good feeling about this kid.
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran

super dominant lol

with proper nutrition and a pro style lifting regiment I think he will drop 15lbs of fat but put on 25 of muscle....I have a good feeling about this kid.

Same!

I really like NC mentioning the FB thing. Want to see that this season. Slowey hitting LBs in teh A gap for Gore = sex.

super dominant lol

Same!

I really like NC mentioning the FB thing. Want to see that this season. Slowey hitting LBs in teh A gap for Gore = sex.

And Kilgore leading the way...not allowing anyone to Kill Gore. LOL. Had to say it!
Originally posted by maxsmart:
Originally posted by Dr_Bill_Walsh:
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:
Originally posted by Dr_Bill_Walsh:
Harbaugh's dream, rhyming O-line:

Staley - 'Pati - Slowey - Looney - AD

Come on...you had it!

Staley - 'Pati - Slowey - Looney - Anthony

"Anthony" = TOO many syllables for Harbaugh....max is 2

Tony

no everytime i see Anthony i can hear Talia Shire voice in godfather 2. "Anthony go give your mother a hug!"
[ Edited by ruthless49er on May 1, 2012 at 3:35 PM ]
Well if people are going to knock Division 2 guys....

Mike Iupati was division 2.

Amini Silatolu is also from division 2 but he gets taken in the 2nd, but Slowey ran 5.0 in the 40 compared to Silatolu's 5.4.

Slowey put up 10 more reps on the bench 38 vs 28.

Slowey is a lot faster and quicker than Silatolu, but is only 8 pounds lighter. So people are saying Slowey is too small?

I'll take Slowey in the 6th over Silatolu in the 2nd anyday. Silatolu is a much higher risk for a bust drafted that high. Slowey for sure make the team, take it to the bank. He may even be a starter down the road at Center or guard. Great pick by the niners.

Originally posted by Oldschool9erfan:

Amini Silatolu is also from division 2 but he gets taken in the 2nd, but Slowey ran 5.0 in the 40 compared to Silatolu's 5.4.

Slowey is a lot faster and quicker than Silatolu, but is only 8 pounds lighter. So people are saying Slowey is too small?

I'll take Slowey in the 6th over Silatolu in the 2nd anyday. Silatolu is a much higher risk for a bust drafted that high. Slowey for sure make the team, take it to the bank. He may even be a starter down the road at Center or guard. Great pick by the niners.

Agreed. From the sound of it too, Kilgore is going to be battling hard with Looney at RG which means Slowey has a real shot at backup C (his natural position) and even push Goodwin hard. The guy I'd like to see also get a real shot is Boone at LT. He's ready and G is not his position and the coaches would like to get him some well-deserved/earned playing time.

Iupati went to Idaho, not D-II.
Originally posted by NinerGM:
Originally posted by NCommand:

Agreed. From the sound of it too, Kilgore is going to be battling hard with Looney at RG which means Slowey has a real shot at backup C (his natural position) and even push Goodwin hard. The guy I'd like to see also get a real shot is Boone at LT. He's ready and G is not his position and the coaches would like to get him some well-deserved/earned playing time.

I think Boone is taking Snyder's place as the swing tackle. If Staley or Davis need to come out for a series or 4, Boone's your guy. The issue is that if both tackles need to come out for any reason, we're going to have issues on the OL. I like the possibility of putting Davis at OG and Boone at RT. At least if we need to re-jig the OL, Boone will have already been accustomed to game speed and won't be cold off the bench.

I thought Boone was the swing tackle last year already while Snyder played RG primarily but also moved over to LG and C to fill in for injured players?

Iupati went to Idaho, not D-II.

Yup, Western Athletic Conference(WAC) player.
Originally posted by NCommand:
Appreciate the honesty and insight. Relentless...that's the thing that stands out the most. He not only wants to beat his man but beat him into submission. All I could see in this kid is Steve Wallace riding Junior Seau to his azz after about a 15 yard ride in the Superbowl. You take a guy who could only bench 225 three times to 38 reps all on his own is some serious work ethic. He will need to be developed like Boone but man, if he continues to progress and adheres to the nutrition program, he has a real shot here!

Man I hope that is what he does.
Share 49ersWebzone