LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 212 users in the forums

Darius Fleming is a 49er

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Nice pickup
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
This guy should be able to line up inside or outside, I'm warming up to this pick.
Originally posted by Kolohe:
This guy should be able to line up inside or outside, I'm warming up to this pick.

I agree. He looks like he has the skill set to be a very versatile player. In addition to some edge-rushing ability, he might have some upside as an inside linebacker where his coverage skills would be an asset in the middle of the field.
Could he replace Gooden after he contract is up after this year? ... ILB/OLB backup? Maybe over thinking it and he is the 4th OLB if we keep Haralson?
  • sfout
  • Veteran

this might be a bit of competition for Tavares Gooden more so then anybody else, with the Cam Johnson(Still cant believe we got a top 50 talent in the 7th because of sickle cell! ) either just sliding into the 4th OLB spot or competing against Haralson.

Lol. Gore I didn't see your comment before I posted mine but yea I agree with you. I'm way stoked about this pick, I've been quietly driving a little bandwagon for him since november lol. Just kept quiet and hoped we picked him.
[ Edited by sfout on Apr 29, 2012 at 7:10 AM ]
Originally posted by sfout:

this might be a bit of competition for Tavares Gooden more so then anybody else, with the Cam Johnson(Still cant believe we got a top 50 talent in the 7th because of sickle cell! ) either just sliding into the 4th OLB spot or competing against Haralson.

Lol. Gore I didn't see your comment before I posted mine but yea I agree with you. I'm way stoked about this pick, I've been quietly driving a little bandwagon for him since november lol. Just kept quiet and hoped we picked him.
Sickle cell can kill you.
I can see Fleming beating out Cam Johnson for the 4th OLB spot

Aldon/Haralson
Brooks/Fleming
Originally posted by ObePwnD:

True but so can landing on your neck in a game. I don't understand how he falls, where Janoris Jenkins gets picked 2nd round, after having off the field issues, I rather take a kid like Johnson than a knucklehead like Janoris Jenkins.

It's also sad Chris Polk went undrafted, if it wasn't for injuries, he is a 2nd or 3rd round pick. I had him at one point mid-late 2nd, then down to 3rd latest, never expected undrafted. Rooting for the kid.
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by AB83Rules:
Originally posted by ObePwnD:

True but so can landing on your neck in a game. I don't understand how he falls, where Janoris Jenkins gets picked 2nd round, after having off the field issues, I rather take a kid like Johnson than a knucklehead like Janoris Jenkins.

It's also sad Chris Polk went undrafted, if it wasn't for injuries, he is a 2nd or 3rd round pick. I had him at one point mid-late 2nd, then down to 3rd latest, never expected undrafted. Rooting for the kid.

Eagles double dipped on a couple talented RBs in Bryce Brown and Polk. Their backfield could be mean as hell if they both make the team. I dont think Ronnie Brown makes it this year, not with Dion Lewis already on the roster, IMHO they pick Polk over Ronnie Brown and Bryce Brown gets put on PS.
Originally posted by Frisco69ers:

Aldon/Haralson
Brooks/Fleming

I think Parys could be in trouble. These guys arent at his level yet but the cost and upside is better, especially for Cam.

• sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by jreff22:

Aldon/Haralson
Brooks/Fleming

I think Parys could be in trouble. These guys arent at his level yet but the cost and upside is better, especially for Cam.

yep #3 or 4 OLB cant be due $3,5M each year for next 2 years. He'll have to take a pay cut or he'll get sent packing. If we honest to god wanted Haralson and tried to stash Johnson on the PS it would never happen, even with the sickle cell a team from the AFC south would snap him up in a second, they play in domes or at sea kevel for every divisional game.

Johnson is such a steal for us I'm pretty much treating it like we took him in the 3rd based off of his talent. If both him and Fleming dont make the roster I'll actually be shocked.
Originally posted by sfout:
Originally posted by jreff22:

Aldon/Haralson
Brooks/Fleming

yep #3 or 4 OLB cant be due $3,5M each year for next 2 years. He'll have to take a pay cut or he'll get sent packing. If we honest to god wanted Haralson and tried to stash Johnson on the PS it would never happen, even with the sickle cell a team from the AFC south would snap him up in a second, they play in domes or at sea kevel for every divisional game.

Johnson is such a steal for us I'm pretty much treating it like we took him in the 3rd based off of his talent. If both him and Fleming dont make the roster I'll actually be shocked.

Agreed.
Ian Rapoport ‏ @RapSheet Rough break for #49ers:
5th round LB Darius Fleming tore his ACL during his 1st rookie mini-camp, his agent @AndySimms told me
Originally posted by WookieOftheYear:
5th round LB Darius Fleming tore his ACL during his 1st rookie mini-camp, his agent @AndySimms told me

Damn...
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by WookieOftheYear:

Damn that was fast
Share 49ersWebzone