LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 183 users in the forums

Darius Fleming is a 49er

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Dr_Bill_Walsh:
He'll be a speller for Aldon, who'll move to starter role

I actually think Fleming could back-up Brooks and be his understudy while Haralson spells Smith (or is a situational rusher) from time-to-time.
I like this pick! Our D is so fast
Good pick cant complain.
From the National Football Post:

A thicker DE/OLB tweener who played both from a two and three-point stance in Notre Dame's versatile 34 front. Exhibits some natural bend sitting into his stance with his hand on the ground and shows a good first step, keeping his pad level down and quickly eating up grass. However, he is limited as a pass rusher, looks a bit linear, struggles to drop pad level around the edge and isn't real sudden when trying to counter off his initial speed rush. Consistently tries to reach the corner and work a chop toward the edge, but gets upright and doesn't have much of a variety to his pass rushing arsenal. Exhibits some natural strength on his bull rush initially, but fails to use his hands to violently shed and isn't sudden enough with his feet to do the same. Works hard when pushing the pocket and can slowly change his angles through contact, but isn't real sudden/quick when trying to disengage as a pass rusher.

Looks tight hipped when asked to drop off in the pass game. He keeps his feet under him and is balanced when asked to open up his hips, feeling routes develop around him, but he doesn't exhibit much of a burst out of his breaks and doesn't have the type of short area burst to quickly click and close. Isn't much of a run defender, even when standing up vs. a tight end. He gets a bit overextended and upright into contact and is easily sealed on the edge. Exhibits a good motor in pursuit, but doesn't have great range off his frame and is too often overwhelmed initially on contact.

Impression: A tweener with experience both from a two and three point stance, he just isn't real dynamic in any area of the game. Possesses a natural burst and pop on contact, but doesn't warrant much more than a late round/free agent grade. Wouldn't be on my draft board.
Finally, some depth on D
Double post.
[ Edited by GhostofFredDean74 on Apr 28, 2012 at 12:46 PM ]
now all we need is a S and we re good for depth

another CB may not hurt eiter
Sounds very well spoken and humble.
Safety, PLEASE
Yes, A Safety

Michigan man and former Stanford coach taking guys from Notre Dame, Illinois, Michigan St, and Oregon
Depth plus special teams. Production ok but not great. Pro day 40 much better than combine. 4.55 is far different from 4.77. Shoulder injuries and concerns. I guess it's an ok pick.
Originally posted by Schulzy:
Michigan man and former Stanford coach taking guys from Notre Dame, Illinois, Michigan St, and Oregon

I was thinking the same thing.
Originally posted by RedWaltz24:
I guess he is a gold helmet guy.

I see what you did there..
Originally posted by Toronto49er:
Originally posted by RedWaltz24:
I guess he is a gold helmet guy.

I see what you did there..

Share 49ersWebzone