LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 232 users in the forums

LaMichael James was a Niner (CUT!)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by mike:
Originally posted by ninersrule4:
Hunter isn't going anyplace. Hunter isn't a change of pace fast bak like James is. In 2 years these two will be our guys and they will compliment one another very well like Carolinas system

Last year everyone said hunter was the change of pace guy, but I've always been one to say he can actually be an every down type of back if we need him to be. Because he's a shorter running back his frame can actually take hits. Don't see why he can't be a ray rice or MJD type of back. It's also interesting to see Ray Rice had nearly the same stats as Hunter in their rookie years(except hunter had 2 tds, Rice had 0).

James is being compared to a sproles type of back, others say he could be more of an every down home-run hitter like CJ2k. Who knows.

I agree I think Hunter has the makings of an every down back. He reminds me of MJD with his size an his style. Idk if James can do what CJs has but hes deff a great change of pace/ backfield weapon type of player that every offense should have
Originally posted by ads_2006:
Schefter reported James will be used as a 3rd down back

I guess the staff didnt believe in hunter

lol

hunter will share carries with gore on first and second

come on people
Originally posted by susweel:

Hunter is gonna take half of Fire's carries.

Mehh Schefter also said Harbs was going to Miami

Who tf is Fire? Lol
Originally posted by Joecool:
Originally posted by 16to87:
speed kills and we have speed all over the roster! CHAMPIONSHIP!

I don't know, man. We also got very small on offense.

But we got VERY fast, and that's what's been missing on this team for years.
Also, this does not take anything away from Hunter. It cuts into Gore's carries. I expect more of a split this year between the two as Kendall Hunter has proven his worth virtually everytime he touches the ball. I feel like we are a college team that has loaded up on blue chip prospects.
Originally posted by DatNyjerSireez:

Who tf is Fire? Lol

even if gire?
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:
Originally posted by Joecool:
Originally posted by 16to87:
speed kills and we have speed all over the roster! CHAMPIONSHIP!

I don't know, man. We also got very small on offense.

But we got VERY fast, and that's what's been missing on this team for years.

This!!

I see it as a Promotion and Demotion, gets 3rd down snapes taken away from him but i see him getting more 1st and 2nd down snaps to give Gire a break.
you guys seem so sure jacobs will beat out dixon.....i still believe in anthony. in the future i see our rbs as hunter starting with dixon the change of pace back....and james used all over the field on any down.

• mike
  • Veteran
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
Also, this does not take anything away from Hunter. It cuts into Gore's carries. I expect more of a split this year between the two as Kendall Hunter has proven his worth virtually everytime he touches the ball. I feel like we are a college team that has loaded up on blue chip prospects.

Gore's stats are no doubt going down, but at the same time it will give his career even more longevity. I can't help but recognize this pick as Baalke preparing the team for a future without gore though.

-Jacobs cuts into Gore's touchdowns/short yardage(something we hoped Dixon could do but he can't)
-Hunter splits with gore on first and second
-James splits with gore on third downs, and might give ginn some occasional breaks on return duties.
Originally posted by DatNyjerSireez:

Who tf is Fire? Lol

Grank Fire
i dont really like this pick at all cuz james is about the same type of rb as hunter. Hunter did very well and now we have 5 freakin RBs on our roster. i would of like to address the DLine or Oline with our 2nd. O WELL
Originally posted by Afrikan:
you guys seem so sure jacobs will beat out dixon.....i still believe in anthony. in the future i see our rbs as hunter starting with dixon the change of pace back....and james used all over the field on any down.

yeah i thihnk they will keep booby over cartwright. he may be a bit less in ST coverage but with 9rs picks being able to return it takes away 1 more thing that rock contributed too.
Says he ran a 4.58 on the front page?? that right?
Share 49ersWebzone