LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 212 users in the forums

LaMichael James was a Niner (CUT!)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • mike
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Afrikan:
you guys seem so sure jacobs will beat out dixon.....i still believe in anthony. in the future i see our rbs as hunter starting with dixon the change of pace back....and james used all over the field on any down.

Usually when people say "change of pace" it's not from fast to super slow lol.

I will be extremely surprised if dixon beats jacobs. Even with hunter emerging he didn't ever become the short yardage guy we needed, he STILL dances around before hitting a hole.

I know Jacobs has an incredible amount of haters on this forum but give him some credit where it's due- he put up better stats than Dixon had his whole season- in one game against Dallas last year.
Dude is a game changer. Tough little runner. This guy will make you miss. He's out in the open -- he's gone-- TD. Smaller faster quicker Charlie Garner. Just watch this guy round the corner
Originally posted by defenderDX:
Says he ran a 4.58 on the front page?? that right?

He looks 4.3 with a football. And like 4.2 when he's in the secondary
He's an explosive, rare athlete. I love this pick. He's a top 15 talent in a small frame. IMO, the biggest misconception is that small backs can't produce. Excellent pick!
this is gonna be a fun offense to watch next season!
  • rum53
  • Veteran
I do not think Brandon Jacobs will make the team next year. His stats have been on a downward trend for three straight seasons. More important is that he does not have any guaranteed money in his contract. He is a low risk high reward player similar to Randy Moss. I will be shocked if either Jacobs or Moss are on the roster come opening day. We have far too much young talent to keep declining veteran free agents on the team.
Originally posted by qnnhan7:

well then who the f**k came up with that bs time?
  • mike
  • Veteran
Originally posted by JustinNiner:
i dont really like this pick at all cuz james is about the same type of rb as hunter. Hunter did very well and now we have 5 freakin RBs on our roster. i would of like to address the DLine or Oline with our 2nd. O WELL

I didn't like it at first glance either.

Then I watched that^ and saw how consistently explosive he is. He may only be 2 inches taller than hunter and similar weight, but he brings a different kind of speed. Where hunter is more likely to use his size to "hide" then do shifty moves to get separation, James is more of a straight up speed back. Look at his legs move when he's running, he reminds me of the road runner.
The NFC West is scared of us!
Could this be the end of Frank Gore? I know it's a crazy thought, but every RB hits that point in their career where they lose a step and just can't make the explosive play either through the hole or once they get into the secondary.

Again, seems crazy to think about it, but Gore has looked slower and slower every year, and from the looks of it, Harbaugh is going after speed, speed and more speed. Just sayin...

Jacobs, Hunter, James, Cartwright (SP), Miller (FB)????
[ Edited by GhostofFredDean74 on Apr 27, 2012 at 8:39 PM ]

Originally posted by qnnhan7:

well then who the f**k came up with that bs time?

I think realistically he's probably is a 4.5 guy. But just look at him play. He look a hella faster than that. The little guy actually lower his shoulder to deliver a hit on a few plays at the end of his runs. I love it.
Wanted Polk....this will do, cant complain....just didn't expect a RB this early.
Originally posted by mike:
Originally posted by Afrikan:
you guys seem so sure jacobs will beat out dixon.....i still believe in anthony. in the future i see our rbs as hunter starting with dixon the change of pace back....and james used all over the field on any down.

Usually when people say "change of pace" it's not from fast to super slow lol.

I will be extremely surprised if dixon beats jacobs. Even with hunter emerging he didn't ever become the short yardage guy we needed, he STILL dances around before hitting a hole.

I know Jacobs has an incredible amount of haters on this forum but give him some credit where it's due- he put up better stats than Dixon had his whole season- in one game against Dallas last year.

I don't think the coaching staff likes Dixon so much...
Frank who?
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:
Could this be the end of Frank Gore? I know it's a crazy thought, but every RB hits that point in their career where they lose a step and just can't make the explosive play either through the hole or once they get into the secondary.

Again, seems crazy to think about it, but Gore has looked slower and slower every year, and from the looks of it, Harbaugh is going after speed, speed and more speed. Just sayin...

Jacobs, Hunter, James, Cartwright (SP), Miller (FB)????

Gore's not going anywhere. Not yet anyway.

And for you to even suggest Jacobs is going to be on the roster and Gore is not...
Share 49ersWebzone