There are 181 users in the forums

LaMichael James was a Niner (CUT!)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Having LMJ come in and play soo well is huge for us. It bodes well for our future at the position.
James balled out yesterday in every possible way. our running game is so damn good its crazy
I know...kinda surprised me a bit! Agree Cooper22, looks like his legs are a tad bigger.
Originally posted by Cooper22:
If I'm not mistaken, I think LMJ has put on a pretty good amount of weight since we drafted him.. Does anyone know for sure?

He said he's at 200 now.
LaMike is a beast
I know it might sound farfetched and it could probably be him just wearing more layers because of the weather but he looks thicker in the legs than what he did to me in the pre season.
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
James balled out yesterday in every possible way. our running game is so damn good its crazy

What were his running stats? I didn't remember him finding that much room but it always appeared like he was one more move away from breaking out a good run.
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Ajanke:
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:

What were his running stats? I didn't remember him finding that much room but it always appeared like he was one more move away from breaking out a good run.

Another 8 attempt 30 yard game but he is still feeling out the NFL speed and it was in essentially sleet if not down pouring rain. What was important was he refused to go down and kept fighting for yards.
Still needs to follow his blocks a little better. His missed some opportunities for big runs last night.
Originally posted by SportsFan:
Still needs to follow his blocks a little better. His missed some opportunities for big runs last night.

Yeah, I remember one play where he could've made one more cut outside of the block to the left and he would have had a huge gain

I guess I'll keep it real here. He's a fast and shifty back, but he's no bruiser. There's a reason why Dixon has played a few snaps since Hunter went down and why LMJ hasn't taken ever rep that Gore hasn't
  • Jiks
Originally posted by Cooper22:
Originally posted by SportsFan:

Yeah, I remember one play where he could've made one more cut outside of the block to the left and he would have had a huge gain

Not sure but the one play everyone was calling a stupid play in which Kaep. got out and put a nice block on someone, he had one guy to beat and he would have been gone. I think a little more patience or a little move would have gotten him past.

He's still young. Thing I like the most is seeing the transition of his game from a college level to now the NFL. Before he never looked very shifty or quick or anything really for that matter. Yesterday he started to resemble the guy we saw running through defenses and finding running holes. I know he didn't get a whole lot of yards, but again he started looking like himself. Excited to see what this guy can do. Not to mention his screen abilities.
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
still has a lot to learn, but he's been impressive. He's what was missing against the Rams the second time around.
He shakes people off nicely because of his size since its hard to get a hold of him.
Seeing the emergence of Bryce Brown made me do some thinking about the future of our RB corps. I hope in the next year or so we're able to add a mid- or late-round prospect of a bigger RB mold to complement James and Hunter going forward. But yeah, I see no reason to think we're going to have any Adrian Peterson 25-carries-per-game types. James+Hunter plus another between-the-tackles guy for life after Gore, and we'll be looking damn good.
Share 49ersWebzone