There are 175 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

AJ Jenkins is a 49er

Originally posted by LoneWolf:
Originally posted by Rascal:
The truth is Baalke and Harbaugh are no saints, they also make mistakes too just like everybody else. As for Jenkins, this is just my guess. I hope he can prove me wrong, I don't have a problem with that. You have to understand that AJ Jenkins was never seen as a big time guy and noone expected him to be drafted by the 9ers in the 1st round in the first place. Is not like if he was the Cordarrelle Patterson equivalent. Just like anything else, is all based on performance, if Jenkins had performed better, I am sure he would have received a far better reception from the fans. Look at LaMike, he was a rookie too, but the kid played pretty well pretty much out of the box.

I understand what your saying but how do you perform better with only one ball thrown your way? I personally think he will be better and size up working with Kaep. Kaep did make Jenkins look decent in the pre season.

You catch it.
Seriously, I like AJ's skill set and it seemed pretty clear from Baalke's post draft comments that they didn't think he had developed an NFL body yet. Hopefully his workouts with Kap are fixing that. Dude is quick, fast, and catches anywhere near his body (except for the only reg. season NFL pass he has seen, of course). I think he will show up this year.
[ Edited by WRATHman44 on Apr 4, 2013 at 3:25 PM ]
Originally posted by WRATHman44:
You catch it.

And if you dont your the bust of the century ok.
Originally posted by LoneWolf:
Originally posted by WRATHman44:
You catch it.

And if you dont your the bust of the century ok.

I like the guy, you just lobbed that one up WAY too pretty to pass on.
Originally posted by WRATHman44:
I like the guy, you just lobbed that one up WAY too pretty to pass on.

I know, still though even if he caught it and it was his only target and catch of the season it would still be the same story in here.
Originally posted by LoneWolf:
Originally posted by WRATHman44:
I like the guy, you just lobbed that one up WAY too pretty to pass on.

I know, still though even if he caught it and it was his only target and catch of the season it would still be the same story in here.

If he caught it and housed it, the story in here would be, "WTF didn't we throw moar drag rowts to AyJAy!?! He scores on them 100 purcent of the tiMe!!! I did a stuh-testicle analuhsis of his season, and he scores errtime you throw it to him there."

Seriously though, the drag route was money for him in college. I still can't believe he dropped it. I have a theory that he was struggling with confidence issues and 2nd-guessing himself, so they gave him his first pass on a route he had a lot of success with at Illinois. When he dropped they probably said, "To hell w/it for now, we'll finish this project next year."
Originally posted by WRATHman44:
If he caught it and housed it, the story in here would be, "WTF didn't we throw moar drag rowts to AyJAy!?! He scores on them 100 purcent of the tiMe!!! I did a stuh-testicle analuhsis of his season, and he scores errtime you throw it to him there."

Seriously though, the drag route was money for him in college. I still can't believe he dropped it. I have a theory that he was struggling with confidence issues and 2nd-guessing himself, so they gave him his first pass on a route he had a lot of success with at Illinois. When he dropped they probably said, "To hell w/it for now, we'll finish this project next year."

He could have also had the same issue vernon, randy, and delanie had. Adjusting to Kaeps throwing abilities. Whos knows though but i wouldnt count him out for next season just yet.
Originally posted by LoneWolf:
He could have also had the same issue vernon, randy, and delanie had. Adjusting to Kaeps throwing abilities. Whos knows though but i wouldnt count him out for next season just yet.

Not counting him out at all. I still say he comes out of TC/Preseason as the #3 receiver.
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 8,104
Originally posted by WRATHman44:
Originally posted by LoneWolf:
Originally posted by Rascal:
The truth is Baalke and Harbaugh are no saints, they also make mistakes too just like everybody else. As for Jenkins, this is just my guess. I hope he can prove me wrong, I don't have a problem with that. You have to understand that AJ Jenkins was never seen as a big time guy and noone expected him to be drafted by the 9ers in the 1st round in the first place. Is not like if he was the Cordarrelle Patterson equivalent. Just like anything else, is all based on performance, if Jenkins had performed better, I am sure he would have received a far better reception from the fans. Look at LaMike, he was a rookie too, but the kid played pretty well pretty much out of the box.

I understand what your saying but how do you perform better with only one ball thrown your way? I personally think he will be better and size up working with Kaep. Kaep did make Jenkins look decent in the pre season.

You catch it.

This!
Originally posted by LoneWolf:
Originally posted by WRATHman44:
If he caught it and housed it, the story in here would be, "WTF didn't we throw moar drag rowts to AyJAy!?! He scores on them 100 purcent of the tiMe!!! I did a stuh-testicle analuhsis of his season, and he scores errtime you throw it to him there."

Seriously though, the drag route was money for him in college. I still can't believe he dropped it. I have a theory that he was struggling with confidence issues and 2nd-guessing himself, so they gave him his first pass on a route he had a lot of success with at Illinois. When he dropped they probably said, "To hell w/it for now, we'll finish this project next year."

He could have also had the same issue vernon, randy, and delanie had. Adjusting to Kaeps throwing abilities. Whos knows though but i wouldnt count him out for next season just yet.


WRATHman44 is right, if he had caught it, more balls would have been thrown his way. Anyway, let's just say this, give him this preseason and see how he does. Frankly, he really needs to ace it in those 4 games. Don't forget, Ricardo Lockette and Chad Hall will be competing hard against him. These 2 had been down in Atlanta with Kaep from day one. AJ only showed up like a month after. If he can't beat out these 2 then he will have serious problems.
This guy gonna be our #4 WR?

Crabtree/Boldin/Williams/Jenkins
Originally posted by jrg:
This guy gonna be our #4 WR?

Crabtree/Boldin/Williams/Jenkins


You can't be serious. What about Manningham ?!
Originally posted by Rascal:
You can't be serious. What about Manningham ?!

Wont be ready in time
If Mario won't be ready, then short of another WR draft, I am going with Lockette. But, the 9ers are under pressure to play Jenkins for the simple fact he was a 1st round draft. At the end of the day, the proof is in the pudding. We shall soon find out whether he can cut the mustard. I am really curious about Lockette and if Jim Harbaugh thinks he might break out this coming season, there might well be something there that he has seen.