AJ Jenkins is a 49er

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • Rascal
  • Veteran
Originally posted by LoneWolf:
Originally posted by xela510:
I have more faith in Lockette than AJ.

Why?

1) He actually knows where to line up on the field.

2) He has far better physical attributes than Jenkins. Lockette is bigger, stronger and faster.

3) Lockette at least had scored TDs for the Seahawks before.
Originally posted by Rascal:

2) He has far better physical attributes than Jenkins. Lockette is bigger, stronger and faster.

But still couldnt get on to the 53 man roster over chad hall....
  • Rascal
  • Veteran

But still couldnt get on to the 53 man roster over chad hall....

That's why this coming training camp will be interesting. Jim Harbaugh seems to think Lockette will be able to break out. I am definitely most excited to see what he can do out of the 3. Chad Hall is just a slot guy, AJ I have pretty much given up on and Lockette can play the deep ball.
That's why this coming training camp will be interesting. Jim Harbaugh seems to think Lockette will be able to break out. I am definitely most excited to see what he can do out of the 3. Chad Hall is just a slot guy, AJ I have pretty much given up on and Lockette can play the deep ball.

Training camp will be intereting for sure. I just find it ironic if not rediculous fans have giving up on a receiver going into his second season who only started 3 games and only had one pass thrown his way. Thats just misjudging harbaugh and baalkes choice for our first rounder, are people gunna give up if we draft a de to learn from justin and he only sees the field in a game or two and has rookie mistakes? I doubt it but i guess with alex gone now fans need there new whipping boy.
  • Rascal
  • Veteran

Training camp will be intereting for sure. I just find it ironic if not rediculous fans have giving up on a receiver going into his second season who only started 3 games and only had one pass thrown his way. Thats just misjudging harbaugh and baalkes choice for our first rounder, are people gunna give up if we draft a de to learn from justin and he only sees the field in a game or two and has rookie mistakes? I doubt it but i guess with alex gone now fans need there new whipping boy.

The truth is Baalke and Harbaugh are no saints, they also make mistakes too just like everybody else. As for Jenkins, this is just my guess. I hope he can prove me wrong, I don't have a problem with that. You have to understand that AJ Jenkins was never seen as a big time guy and noone expected him to be drafted by the 9ers in the 1st round in the first place. Is not like if he was the Cordarrelle Patterson equivalent. Just like anything else, is all based on performance, if Jenkins had performed better, I am sure he would have received a far better reception from the fans. Look at LaMike, he was a rookie too, but the kid played pretty well pretty much out of the box.
The truth is Baalke and Harbaugh are no saints, they also make mistakes too just like everybody else. As for Jenkins, this is just my guess. I hope he can prove me wrong, I don't have a problem with that. You have to understand that AJ Jenkins was never seen as a big time guy and noone expected him to be drafted by the 9ers in the 1st round in the first place. Is not like if he was the Cordarrelle Patterson equivalent. Just like anything else, is all based on performance, if Jenkins had performed better, I am sure he would have received a far better reception from the fans. Look at LaMike, he was a rookie too, but the kid played pretty well pretty much out of the box.

I understand what your saying but how do you perform better with only one ball thrown your way? I personally think he will be better and size up working with Kaep. Kaep did make Jenkins look decent in the pre season.

I understand what your saying but how do you perform better with only one ball thrown your way? I personally think he will be better and size up working with Kaep. Kaep did make Jenkins look decent in the pre season.

You catch it.
Seriously, I like AJ's skill set and it seemed pretty clear from Baalke's post draft comments that they didn't think he had developed an NFL body yet. Hopefully his workouts with Kap are fixing that. Dude is quick, fast, and catches anywhere near his body (except for the only reg. season NFL pass he has seen, of course). I think he will show up this year.
[ Edited by WRATHman44 on Apr 4, 2013 at 3:25 PM ]
Originally posted by WRATHman44:
You catch it.

And if you dont your the bust of the century ok.
You catch it.

And if you dont your the bust of the century ok.

I like the guy, you just lobbed that one up WAY too pretty to pass on.

I know, still though even if he caught it and it was his only target and catch of the season it would still be the same story in here.

I know, still though even if he caught it and it was his only target and catch of the season it would still be the same story in here.

If he caught it and housed it, the story in here would be, "WTF didn't we throw moar drag rowts to AyJAy!?! He scores on them 100 purcent of the tiMe!!! I did a stuh-testicle analuhsis of his season, and he scores errtime you throw it to him there."

Seriously though, the drag route was money for him in college. I still can't believe he dropped it. I have a theory that he was struggling with confidence issues and 2nd-guessing himself, so they gave him his first pass on a route he had a lot of success with at Illinois. When he dropped they probably said, "To hell w/it for now, we'll finish this project next year."
If he caught it and housed it, the story in here would be, "WTF didn't we throw moar drag rowts to AyJAy!?! He scores on them 100 purcent of the tiMe!!! I did a stuh-testicle analuhsis of his season, and he scores errtime you throw it to him there."

Seriously though, the drag route was money for him in college. I still can't believe he dropped it. I have a theory that he was struggling with confidence issues and 2nd-guessing himself, so they gave him his first pass on a route he had a lot of success with at Illinois. When he dropped they probably said, "To hell w/it for now, we'll finish this project next year."

He could have also had the same issue vernon, randy, and delanie had. Adjusting to Kaeps throwing abilities. Whos knows though but i wouldnt count him out for next season just yet.
He could have also had the same issue vernon, randy, and delanie had. Adjusting to Kaeps throwing abilities. Whos knows though but i wouldnt count him out for next season just yet.

Not counting him out at all. I still say he comes out of TC/Preseason as the #3 receiver.
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran
Share 49ersWebzone