There are 126 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

AJ Jenkins is a 49er

Originally posted by LVJay:
Originally posted by Wodwo:

look at that dump truck laying flat on his grill!!

Top-Notch scrub got moves

lol he only has that hand out to protect his shoes from getting scuffed.
Originally posted by pasodoc9er:
Anyone know if AJ actually did get together wth Kap to run routes and play catch?

yes from what ive read hes there or at least was...
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by BayArea:
Originally posted by LVJay:
Originally posted by Wodwo:

look at that dump truck laying flat on his grill!!

Top-Notch scrub got moves

lol he only has that hand out to protect his shoes from getting scuffed.

Top-Notch Scrub
I just say give AJ Jenkins more opportunities and he may show flashes on why we picked him up in the first round. I'm also curious about Lockette the rocket connecting with Kaepernick.
Originally posted by Team49ers:
I just say give AJ Jenkins more opportunities and he may show flashes on why we picked him up in the first round. I'm also curious about Lockette the rocket connecting with Kaepernick.

I have more faith in Lockette than AJ.
I have faith in JH creating tremendous competition at this position and coming away with a great receiving corps! The last step in creating a great offense!
Originally posted by xela510:

Why?
Originally posted by LoneWolf:

Why?

because he could can AJ's skinny ass and outrun him lol. im hoping AJ is taking advantage of his sessions with Kaep. championship teams have short leashes for underachievers. the most he'll get is this year to prove himslef. if hes a dud again hes gone i think
How do you figure he could though? Without seeing any proof with this team theres no reason to have any more faith in lockette then there is jenkins. Imo if anyones position is in danger because of lockette its kw because him and lockette are fast play the same positions wr and st and kw coming off the injury could slow him down and lockette has a size advantage over kw.

Why?

1) He actually knows where to line up on the field.

2) He has far better physical attributes than Jenkins. Lockette is bigger, stronger and faster.

3) Lockette at least had scored TDs for the Seahawks before.
Originally posted by Rascal:

2) He has far better physical attributes than Jenkins. Lockette is bigger, stronger and faster.

But still couldnt get on to the 53 man roster over chad hall....

But still couldnt get on to the 53 man roster over chad hall....

That's why this coming training camp will be interesting. Jim Harbaugh seems to think Lockette will be able to break out. I am definitely most excited to see what he can do out of the 3. Chad Hall is just a slot guy, AJ I have pretty much given up on and Lockette can play the deep ball.
That's why this coming training camp will be interesting. Jim Harbaugh seems to think Lockette will be able to break out. I am definitely most excited to see what he can do out of the 3. Chad Hall is just a slot guy, AJ I have pretty much given up on and Lockette can play the deep ball.

Training camp will be intereting for sure. I just find it ironic if not rediculous fans have giving up on a receiver going into his second season who only started 3 games and only had one pass thrown his way. Thats just misjudging harbaugh and baalkes choice for our first rounder, are people gunna give up if we draft a de to learn from justin and he only sees the field in a game or two and has rookie mistakes? I doubt it but i guess with alex gone now fans need there new whipping boy.

Training camp will be intereting for sure. I just find it ironic if not rediculous fans have giving up on a receiver going into his second season who only started 3 games and only had one pass thrown his way. Thats just misjudging harbaugh and baalkes choice for our first rounder, are people gunna give up if we draft a de to learn from justin and he only sees the field in a game or two and has rookie mistakes? I doubt it but i guess with alex gone now fans need there new whipping boy.

The truth is Baalke and Harbaugh are no saints, they also make mistakes too just like everybody else. As for Jenkins, this is just my guess. I hope he can prove me wrong, I don't have a problem with that. You have to understand that AJ Jenkins was never seen as a big time guy and noone expected him to be drafted by the 9ers in the 1st round in the first place. Is not like if he was the Cordarrelle Patterson equivalent. Just like anything else, is all based on performance, if Jenkins had performed better, I am sure he would have received a far better reception from the fans. Look at LaMike, he was a rookie too, but the kid played pretty well pretty much out of the box.
The truth is Baalke and Harbaugh are no saints, they also make mistakes too just like everybody else. As for Jenkins, this is just my guess. I hope he can prove me wrong, I don't have a problem with that. You have to understand that AJ Jenkins was never seen as a big time guy and noone expected him to be drafted by the 9ers in the 1st round in the first place. Is not like if he was the Cordarrelle Patterson equivalent. Just like anything else, is all based on performance, if Jenkins had performed better, I am sure he would have received a far better reception from the fans. Look at LaMike, he was a rookie too, but the kid played pretty well pretty much out of the box.

I understand what your saying but how do you perform better with only one ball thrown your way? I personally think he will be better and size up working with Kaep. Kaep did make Jenkins look decent in the pre season.