LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 301 users in the forums

AJ Jenkins is a 49er

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by WRATHman44:
Originally posted by LoneWolf:
Originally posted by Rascal:
The truth is Baalke and Harbaugh are no saints, they also make mistakes too just like everybody else. As for Jenkins, this is just my guess. I hope he can prove me wrong, I don't have a problem with that. You have to understand that AJ Jenkins was never seen as a big time guy and noone expected him to be drafted by the 9ers in the 1st round in the first place. Is not like if he was the Cordarrelle Patterson equivalent. Just like anything else, is all based on performance, if Jenkins had performed better, I am sure he would have received a far better reception from the fans. Look at LaMike, he was a rookie too, but the kid played pretty well pretty much out of the box.

I understand what your saying but how do you perform better with only one ball thrown your way? I personally think he will be better and size up working with Kaep. Kaep did make Jenkins look decent in the pre season.

You catch it.

This!
  • Rascal
  • Veteran
Originally posted by LoneWolf:
Originally posted by WRATHman44:
If he caught it and housed it, the story in here would be, "WTF didn't we throw moar drag rowts to AyJAy!?! He scores on them 100 purcent of the tiMe!!! I did a stuh-testicle analuhsis of his season, and he scores errtime you throw it to him there."

Seriously though, the drag route was money for him in college. I still can't believe he dropped it. I have a theory that he was struggling with confidence issues and 2nd-guessing himself, so they gave him his first pass on a route he had a lot of success with at Illinois. When he dropped they probably said, "To hell w/it for now, we'll finish this project next year."

He could have also had the same issue vernon, randy, and delanie had. Adjusting to Kaeps throwing abilities. Whos knows though but i wouldnt count him out for next season just yet.

WRATHman44 is right, if he had caught it, more balls would have been thrown his way. Anyway, let's just say this, give him this preseason and see how he does. Frankly, he really needs to ace it in those 4 games. Don't forget, Ricardo Lockette and Chad Hall will be competing hard against him. These 2 had been down in Atlanta with Kaep from day one. AJ only showed up like a month after. If he can't beat out these 2 then he will have serious problems.
  • jrg
  • Veteran
This guy gonna be our #4 WR?

Crabtree/Boldin/Williams/Jenkins
  • Rascal
  • Veteran
Originally posted by jrg:

You can't be serious. What about Manningham ?!
You can't be serious. What about Manningham ?!

Wont be ready in time
  • Rascal
  • Veteran
If Mario won't be ready, then short of another WR draft, I am going with Lockette. But, the 9ers are under pressure to play Jenkins for the simple fact he was a 1st round draft. At the end of the day, the proof is in the pudding. We shall soon find out whether he can cut the mustard. I am really curious about Lockette and if Jim Harbaugh thinks he might break out this coming season, there might well be something there that he has seen.
Originally posted by jrg:

crabs/boldin/jenkins/rookie/williams with manningham rehabbing will be the opening day lineup i think. hopefully jenkins has taken advantage of his offseason with kaep and we draft a big fast receiver in the draft. they have to restock the position before theyre left with just crabs, jenkins and a bunch of rooks next year
If Mario won't be ready, then short of another WR draft, I am going with Lockette. But, the 9ers are under pressure to play Jenkins for the simple fact he was a 1st round draft. At the end of the day, the proof is in the pudding. We shall soon find out whether he can cut the mustard. I am really curious about Lockette and if Jim Harbaugh thinks he might break out this coming season, there might well be something there that he has seen.

Always easier to go with the guy who has never played and no one knows rather than the guy everyone is down on...Jenkins may be a bust, but it's much more likely that he just needed a year to adjust to the NFL. I don't care for judging rookies harshly unless they are into drugs and creating problems in the locker room.
Matt Barrows ‏@mattbarrows 3m Kaepernick on offseason workout buddy AJ Jenkins: He's been working the same way everybody has. He's progressing along. He's getting better.
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran
Originally posted by valrod33:
Matt Barrows ‏@mattbarrows 3m Kaepernick on offseason workout buddy AJ Jenkins: He's been working the same way everybody has. He's progressing along. He's getting better.

• susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by valrod33:

just great now he has Kap covering up for him.
I have a feeling AJ is going to have a good year next year, can't wait for the preseason
Originally posted by ChipDouglas510:
I have a feeling AJ is going to have a good year next year, can't wait for the preseason

I have a feeling he gets outperformed by marlon moore
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by xtm059:
Originally posted by ChipDouglas510:

I have a feeling he gets outperformed by marlon moore

i think moore will make this team and bring more to the table in terms of wide out play, special teams play and return ability that we ever got from ginn. in regards to jenkins,, i really have no idea what to think about him. i am keeping an open mind and of course hope he does well, but he is truly a huge question mark. really our future sort of depends on him. if we breaks out and does very well does that mean we can afford not to resign crabs? if he does the same thing this coming year that he did last year, does that mean we have to pony up and sign crabs? i may be wrong and thats ok but i really think jenkins is just a huge piece of the puzzle for not only this coming year but down the road
Rather than dwell on A.J. Jenkins' 0-reception rookie season as their top pick in 2012, Baalke deferred to the notion this is a "developmental league" and that draft picks need three seasons before being fairly evaluated.

As fans maybe we should shed the memory of bad first round picks from the past and maybe look at it the way Baalke does.....
Share 49ersWebzone