There are 83 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

AJ Jenkins is a 49er

Originally posted by NinerBuff:
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
... percy harvin

The 25th best WR in the league for a first rounder?

Pretty steep.

He's either a top 10 WR or not playing due to injury. But I guess, on average, 25th best is about right.

Top ten? Since when? Not even close to a top ten WR.
Originally posted by IdahoNiner:
... percy harvin

Pretty steep.

He's either a top 10 WR or not playing due to injury. But I guess, on average, 25th best is about right.

Top 10 returner but not close to top 10 at wide receiver.

Pretty sure that was a blunder trade.
I think that AJ last offseason was away from OTAs for a bit due to academic obligations and NCAA rules and this delayed some of his offseason and once he and LMJ got in with the guys, they were behind. This offseason it won't be a problem. I am hoping that last season serves as a wake up call and he works his tail off and becomes what we envisioned him to be. We need him to perform as he is capable.
Originally posted by IdahoNiner:
... percy harvin

Pretty steep.

Percy Harvin 2012

His stats up until his injury @ Seattle were pretty good, probably about 10th in terms of yards. The TDs were kind of low though. But the best part of ability is availability, so he's probably a top 25 WR.
More money than Anquan for an untested season long player. Lots more money and lots more yrs. This was a stab at sticking it to the 49ers, and i will be anxious to see the egg on SEA faces when harvin comes up hurt. It will be exactly how he played in MN. Frankly, I would have been really frustrated if the 9ers picked up his longer contract and higher $$ with his medical no play history. We done good passing on him. My money is that trent and jH never gave him more than a quick glance and said no. Anquan is a totally different signing. And besides, now we don't have to play against Anquan next yr....and he personally beat us in the SB.
Originally posted by pdizo916:
-bust

LOL how is that?
Some players need more time to be groomed then others... T.O. didnt make it big until his 4th season with the Niners... I mean look who he was playing under right. Give the man time and lets see what happens.
Originally posted by Constantine:
-bust

LOL how is that?
Some players need more time to be groomed then others... T.O. didnt make it big until his 4th season with the Niners... I mean look who he was playing under right. Give the man time and lets see what happens.

T.O Made an impact his rookie year ??? Owens and Stokes were our WR's after Jerry got hurt against Tampa Bay, 35 receptions and 4 TD's as a rookie wasnt too shabby , wish A.J could have put up rookie numbers like that
[ Edited by NeeJ49er on Mar 20, 2013 at 10:33 AM ]
AJ needs to work, work and work some more.

Randy Moss was more talented than Jerry Rice. BUT nobody, but nobody out worked Jerry Rice. The results is that Jerry is considered by most - The Greatest Receiver of All Time. And Moss is considered a very good receiver like Cris Carter, Paul Warfield, and thousands of other receibvers - very good BUT not nearly as good as Jerry Rice.

Te lesson is right here in front of AJ and it's up to him.

"Luck is when hard work and opportunity meet." Vince Lombardi
Originally posted by Constantine:
-bust

LOL how is that?

Wes Welker - no receptions and no td's in his first season - bust!

John Taylor - 3 receptions for 159 yards and no td's in first season - bust!

Reggie Wayne - 347 yards and no TD's in first season - bust!

Vincent Jackson - 59 yards and no TD's in first season - bust!

Steve Smith - 154 yards and no TD's in first season - bust!
Originally posted by NeeJ49er:
T.O Made an impact his rookie year ??? Owens and Stokes were our WR's after Jerry got hurt against Tampa Bay, 35 receptions and 4 TD's as a rookie wasnt too shabby , wish A.J could have put up rookie numbers like that

Owens and Stokes went in as our #1 and #2 though right? When manningham and williams got hurt AJ was still at the most the #3 or #4 because Moss and Crabtree were still healthy.
Originally posted by LoneWolf:
Originally posted by NeeJ49er:

Owens and Stokes went in as our #1 and #2 though right? When manningham and williams got hurt AJ was still at the most the #3 or #4 because Moss and Crabtree were still healthy.

Yup. Chad Hall got more time.

Sad, but I think Jenkins shows some vitals this year. I predict 30 or so catches for 400-500 yards.

Sad, but I think Jenkins shows some vitals this year. I predict 30 or so catches for 400-500 yards.

But still was more of an uphill battle for jenkins then it was owens. but i agree i think workin with kaep is gunna spark something with aj to make him realize if he wants to be a star receiver hes gunna have to put himself out there and bust ass to take the position because it wont just be given to him.
I think AJ will be alright, like the kids attitude, he went to train with Kaep when Kaep went back to work, so come training camp, I expect he will be a pleasent surprise. Last year he was behind because of the requirements of waiting for his school to hold their graduation and that put him behind, just like it hurt Kaep in his first year when they had the strike.

It hurt LMJ, also, although LMJ finally got his chance because we cut Jacobs and Hunter got hurt. One thing I notice is that the niners like to play players who have a little seasoning and in the situations where there were exceptions is because there was none in front of them. With Moss, Manningham and Williams, he was never really given enough chances.
Originally posted by LoneWolf:

But still was more of an uphill battle for jenkins then it was owens. but i agree i think workin with kaep is gunna spark something with aj to make him realize if he wants to be a star receiver hes gunna have to put himself out there and bust ass to take the position because it wont just be given to him.
I think it was more of an uphill battle for Owens.

TO was drafted in the lower third round and wasn't guaranteed a roster spot. Especially with the great Rice, Taylor and Stokes ahead of him.

Jenkins had to compete with just Crabs, Moss, Manningham, Kyle Williams and Chad Hall. Jenkins was also a first rounder so he has a longer leash then T.O. did and I assume was given a better opportunity by the coaches.

Just my opinoin.
Gut feeling he will be traded