LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 255 users in the forums

AJ Jenkins is a 49er

Shop 49ers game tickets
AJ needs to work, work and work some more.

Randy Moss was more talented than Jerry Rice. BUT nobody, but nobody out worked Jerry Rice. The results is that Jerry is considered by most - The Greatest Receiver of All Time. And Moss is considered a very good receiver like Cris Carter, Paul Warfield, and thousands of other receibvers - very good BUT not nearly as good as Jerry Rice.

Te lesson is right here in front of AJ and it's up to him.

"Luck is when hard work and opportunity meet." Vince Lombardi
Originally posted by Constantine:
Originally posted by pdizo916:
-bust

LOL how is that?
Some players need more time to be groomed then others... T.O. didnt make it big until his 4th season with the Niners... I mean look who he was playing under right. Give the man time and lets see what happens.

Wes Welker - no receptions and no td's in his first season - bust!

John Taylor - 3 receptions for 159 yards and no td's in first season - bust!

Reggie Wayne - 347 yards and no TD's in first season - bust!

Vincent Jackson - 59 yards and no TD's in first season - bust!

Steve Smith - 154 yards and no TD's in first season - bust!
Originally posted by NeeJ49er:
T.O Made an impact his rookie year ??? Owens and Stokes were our WR's after Jerry got hurt against Tampa Bay, 35 receptions and 4 TD's as a rookie wasnt too shabby , wish A.J could have put up rookie numbers like that

Owens and Stokes went in as our #1 and #2 though right? When manningham and williams got hurt AJ was still at the most the #3 or #4 because Moss and Crabtree were still healthy.
Originally posted by LoneWolf:
Originally posted by NeeJ49er:
T.O Made an impact his rookie year ??? Owens and Stokes were our WR's after Jerry got hurt against Tampa Bay, 35 receptions and 4 TD's as a rookie wasnt too shabby , wish A.J could have put up rookie numbers like that

Owens and Stokes went in as our #1 and #2 though right? When manningham and williams got hurt AJ was still at the most the #3 or #4 because Moss and Crabtree were still healthy.

Yup. Chad Hall got more time.

Sad, but I think Jenkins shows some vitals this year. I predict 30 or so catches for 400-500 yards.
Originally posted by Young2Rice:

Sad, but I think Jenkins shows some vitals this year. I predict 30 or so catches for 400-500 yards.

But still was more of an uphill battle for jenkins then it was owens. but i agree i think workin with kaep is gunna spark something with aj to make him realize if he wants to be a star receiver hes gunna have to put himself out there and bust ass to take the position because it wont just be given to him.
I think AJ will be alright, like the kids attitude, he went to train with Kaep when Kaep went back to work, so come training camp, I expect he will be a pleasent surprise. Last year he was behind because of the requirements of waiting for his school to hold their graduation and that put him behind, just like it hurt Kaep in his first year when they had the strike.

It hurt LMJ, also, although LMJ finally got his chance because we cut Jacobs and Hunter got hurt. One thing I notice is that the niners like to play players who have a little seasoning and in the situations where there were exceptions is because there was none in front of them. With Moss, Manningham and Williams, he was never really given enough chances.
Originally posted by Young2Rice:

But still was more of an uphill battle for jenkins then it was owens. but i agree i think workin with kaep is gunna spark something with aj to make him realize if he wants to be a star receiver hes gunna have to put himself out there and bust ass to take the position because it wont just be given to him.
I think it was more of an uphill battle for Owens.

TO was drafted in the lower third round and wasn't guaranteed a roster spot. Especially with the great Rice, Taylor and Stokes ahead of him.

Jenkins had to compete with just Crabs, Moss, Manningham, Kyle Williams and Chad Hall. Jenkins was also a first rounder so he has a longer leash then T.O. did and I assume was given a better opportunity by the coaches.

Just my opinoin.
Gut feeling he will be traded
Originally posted by iLL49er:

seriously doubt that happens.
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran

Yeah, especially if he's working hard with Kap this early in the offseason. Coaches tend to notice that s**t.

Originally posted by Wodwo:

Yeah, especially if he's working hard with Kap this early in the offseason. Coaches tend to notice that s**t.

Receivers take about 3 yrs to develop look at Crabtree lots of people called him a bust
Originally posted by Norwalks_Best:
Receivers take about 3 yrs to develop look at Crabtree lots of people called him a bust

Jenkins' body of work is not good. There's a reason hall was on the field. AJ jenkins did not put in the effort required to be a starting WR last year. That's just a fact. Hopefully he learned his goddamn lesson and is in the weight room right now. If not, bust.
Originally posted by xtm059:
Jenkins' body of work is not good. There's a reason hall was on the field. AJ jenkins did not put in the effort required to be a starting WR last year. That's just a fact. Hopefully he learned his goddamn lesson and is in the weight room right now. If not, bust.

Coach Harbaugh is that you?
Because unless you are its not a fact, its an assumption.
Originally posted by Norwalks_Best:

I never thought Crabtree was a bust, but that's just me. He was ready to play immediately after his rookie holdout. Didn't even need training camp. He just showed up and less than a week later he was our #1 receiver. He really broke out when his foot healed completely, and he started playing for a coach who knows a thing or two about offense.
Share 49ersWebzone