There are 186 users in the forums

AJ Jenkins is a 49er

Shop 49ers game tickets
He wasnt drafted for this year. Hasnt caught a pass or even been active for most games. Next year is his time, he replaces Moss on the active roster. Hes not a bust, its just a new thing to understand. We have talent everywhere, with Crabs, Manningham, Davis, Moss.....we had targets everywhere.

No need to rush him in, since we all knew on draft day this was for next season.
Jenkins as far as i know turned down an invite to train with the GOAT then showed up to camp outta shape and has spent a year learning and playing with HOF WR Randy Moss and still can't produce.

If Jenkins gets cut he will officially become one of the biggest 49ers WR draft busts in team history.

The fact that Hall right off the street was thrown to ahead of Jenkins is a joke.

Doug Martin David Wilson Stephen Hill Coby Fleener & Rueben Randle were all on the board and they draft AJ Jenkins WTF??????????
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SkyGod:
Jenkins as far as i know turned down an invite to train with the GOAT then showed up to camp outta shape and has spent a year learning and playing with HOF WR Randy Moss and still can't produce.

If Jenkins gets cut he will officially become one of the biggest 49ers WR draft busts in team history.

The fact that Hall right off the street was thrown to ahead of Jenkins is a joke.

Doug Martin David Wilson Stephen Hill Coby Fleener & Rueben Randle were all on the board and they draft AJ Jenkins WTF??????????
i think the running the hill with jerry rice is way over rated however you are spot on in the rest of your thoughts
  • mayo49
  • Veteran

Yeah, it's really depressing. AJ is a horrible pick at this point.
You know, I don't care if he is a bust or he turns out to be the next Jerry Rice, we are bout to go win a Super Bowl! We have Crabtree, Maningham, Moss and 15 draft picks! I'm betting we can find a decent #4 Wide out in next years draft! WR was not a position of need last draft, we had loaded up well in free agency, I think we took a flyer on a real fast kid, who might develop into a decent NFL receiver, but like I said if he doesn't...so what? We are about to go win a SUPER BOWL!!!!!

Yep. Could have had Doug Martin and Reuben Randle instead of Jenkins and James. WOW.
Originally posted by mryan1004:
They unleashed Kaepernick vs the Packers as the Packers couldn't find that sort of game film on him. They unleashed Vernon vs the Falcons as the Falcons figured him a non threat. Do they unleash this guy as they have no film on him either?
We were 1-15 yard completion from being knocked out of the playoffs.

I doubt we are still holding onto some kind of top secret.
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:

Yep. Could have had Doug Martin and Reuben Randle instead of Jenkins and James. WOW.

im happy with james hes perfect for our offense, randle and hill were 2 wrs i wouldve been happy with at 30
Originally posted by frozen49er:
He wasnt drafted for this year. Hasnt caught a pass or even been active for most games. Next year is his time, he replaces Moss on the active roster. Hes not a bust, its just a new thing to understand. We have talent everywhere, with Crabs, Manningham, Davis, Moss.....we had targets everywhere.

No need to rush him in, since we all knew on draft day this was for next season.

That is BS. He was a big disappointment in camp and could never get on the field. It had nothing to do with not being drafted for this year. It had everything to do with the fact that he just wasnt good enough to play. First round picks that arent QBs dont just sit out every game
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:

im happy with james hes perfect for our offense, randle and hill were 2 wrs i wouldve been happy with at 30

Doug Martin >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> James though. And Randle >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Jenkins. Lets face it. Niners screwed up last year in the draft.

Originally posted by Paul_Hofer:
AJ Jenkins

(in college, of course)

Not impressed. Half of those were wide open blown coverages. The rest were aginst the likes of Northwestern & Indiana. Furthermore he's not torching those guys, just seems a couple steps faster than the slow Big10
[ Edited by KEGster on Jan 21, 2013 at 9:34 PM ]
I can't believe some guy named Chad Hall is getting more looks in the playoffs than our first round pick.
That is BS. He was a big disappointment in camp and could never get on the field. It had nothing to do with not being drafted for this year. It had everything to do with the fact that he just wasnt good enough to play. First round picks that arent QBs dont just sit out every game

Come on man. We dont know what happens in practice, whats going on we dont see. Didnt we all think Jacobs would do something this year?

This is a new era, Harbs and Ballke. I dont think Jenkins is a bust, he was drafted for next year. We go to the dance this year and need to reload, I think he is part of that. Its not a one year deal anymore for us, its about the future.

Come on man. We dont know what happens in practice, whats going on we dont see. Didnt we all think Jacobs would do something this year?

This is a new era, Harbs and Ballke. I dont think Jenkins is a bust, he was drafted for next year. We go to the dance this year and need to reload, I think he is part of that. Its not a one year deal anymore for us, its about the future.

LOL You keep thinking that. Maybe it makes you feel better about Jenkins. You might want to refresh your memory though:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/06/16/49ers-first-rounder-jenkins-still-struggling/
http://profootballzone.com/nfl/a-j-jenkins-looked-horrible-during-minicamp/
http://49ers.pressdemocrat.com/2012/08/inside-the-49ers/a-j-jenkins-frustrates-coach-in-practice/
[ Edited by Ninerjohn on Jan 21, 2013 at 9:52 PM ]

Actually we do know what happens in practice. It was reported as early as Training Camp that he was having trouble grasping the playbook. Doesn't matter how fast your legs or good your hands are if you don't know the playbook.

IF Niners lose a relatively close game in the SB (Less than 10 points) then I'm fairly certain a different #1 pick would have helped. Look, we almost had to play in the Wild Card game and were 10 yards from losing the other night. Having an extra 1st Round talent on the field would make a HUGE difference.
Share 49ersWebzone