LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 242 users in the forums

AJ Jenkins is a 49er

Shop 49ers game tickets
If he can learn to push off like Julio Jones, he will be great, but hell I'm 40+ year old fat white guy, and if I could get away with pushing off I could be a productive NFL receiver...until I got hit! LOL
Who they put on the field in a championship game really tells you who they believe in. Who they don't tells you the opposite. When I saw Chad Hall on the field and no AJ Jenkins all game it told me that it is looking very likely that something very big is wrong with this kid. Betting this is gonna turn out to be a really bad 1st round pick. One thing to be hopeful about is that Harbaugh will not cling to failed high round picks like previous regimes did, and he will most certainly find someone to replace him. If he doesn't have it, I have no doubt he won't be on the final 53 next September.
Originally posted by barrymartin:
Who they put on the field in a championship game really tells you who they believe in. Who they don't tells you the opposite. When I saw Chad Hall on the field and no AJ Jenkins all game it told me that it is looking very likely that something very big is wrong with this kid. Betting this is gonna turn out to be a really bad 1st round pick. One thing to be hopeful about is that Harbaugh will not cling to failed high round picks like previous regimes did, and he will most certainly find someone to replace him. If he doesn't have it, I have no doubt he won't be on the final 53 next September.

You know what after we win the Superbowl, and hopefully a few others in the next decade, nobody will even remember this wasted pick! So what big deal the kid isn't a star right out of the gate,we can afford to give him time, say next training camp, so what if he never makes the roster, we have 15 picks next year to fill 2-3 slots...as long as we bring home Lombardi #6 I don't care!
R. Woods > AJ Jenkins
when i saw Ginn go in at WR........ @ AJ..........
Remember the great John Taylor? If I remember correctly he didn't play or do much his first season, he exploded onto the scene in 1988 ( in the Super Bowl-game winning catch) but I think he was drafted in 1986.

I just looked it up, he was drafted in 1986--no receptions that season. in 1987 he had 9 receptions, in 1988 he had 14 receptions. in 1989 he had 60 and had finally become a great compliment to Jerry Rice.
I can't wait to see some of the comments in this thread around January 2014. It will probably be a complete 180, much like the Michael Crabtree thread, the Vernon Davis thread (going from 2008 to 2009) and perhaps now the Anthony Davis thread.
I bet he takes a huge pay cut or gets released after the season.
Kids obviously not ready this season. Not what you would expect from a #1 but it is what it is.

Hopefully he improves over the off season and can contribute next year.
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
I can't wait to see some of the comments in this thread around January 2014. It will probably be a complete 180, much like the Michael Crabtree thread, the Vernon Davis thread (going from 2008 to 2009) and perhaps now the Anthony Davis thread.

Hope we all are completely wrong about him being a bust. It's just not trending that way though... As for Crab, VD, and A. Davis they at least participated in games and you could convince urself that they would get better with experience.... This dude gives us nothing to grab ahold of as far as hope......nothing

i still have faith in him. i don't expect him to be a 1,000 yard guy. but a good slot reciever and return man.
"We have a specific play that chad is good at and we called that play"

"Jenkins is ahead on depth chart, Had something happen to mike or randy [jenkins would be in]"
Cut this dude
  • Pick6
  • Veteran
Not giving up yet... not many WR have great rookie years. Many HOF WR struggled their first year(s). Off the top of my head...

0 catches his rookie year,
Wes Welker
Jimmy Smith

Chris Carter had 5 receptions his rookie year.

John Taylor had 9 receptions his rookie year.

I'm sure there are plenty of other examples...
The main problem I have with him is his 1rst round draft status and the actual return we've got on it so far. Has anybody done any research to see how many 1rst round draft pick didn't have any catches there rookie year? (Barring injury)

When I get back to the house, maye something I look into.
Share 49ersWebzone